[Guide] How to install the security key on a Android Virtual Device

Elminster_cs

WARNING

THIS GUIDE IS FOR EXPERT USER, USE IT AT YOUR RISK.

I WILL NO TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT YOU COULD CAUSE TO YOU COMPUTER, ACCOUNT, ECC. IF YOU FAIL YOU CAN'T LOGIN UNTIL YOU RESET THE SECURITY KEY CALLING THE PHONE SUPPORT

FOR WINDOWS USERS

1) Istall the Android SDK from here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and download the last .exe installer. Then install following the steps.

1bis) Download the JDK 7, you will find a link during the Android SDK installation.

2) Run the SDK manager, download the version you prefer, but i see that the more stable is the 2.2. Then isntall it. (Also 4.0.3 work fine, but is a bit unstable)

3) Download the Security key file (you will need it to install on you AVD) from here: http://goo.gl/16pqq (i find this file here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1404776 so thanks the guy that post it.) LINK UPDATED

4) Start the AVD manager, then create a new virtual device, clicking on new... Name it and select the target device from the list. Android 2.2 - API level 8 in this case. Click on create AVD

5) Start the new AVD you have create, select it and click on start, this will take a few moment or minute, depend on your computer.

6) Start the command prompt as administrator and go to the directory you have install the Android SDK: like C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools

7) Now you have to put the file you have download before in this path, rename the file like SWTOR (NOTE: do not modify the .apk extension)

8) In the command prompt type the command for install the file "adb install SWTOR.apk" (NOTE: The virtual device MUST be open or the installation will fail, if you have done all correct you will see a Success message.

9) Now close and open again your Virtual device again, in the application menu you will see the security key application. Click on it.

10) Now you have to enter the two codes. Serial Number and Activation Code.

READ THE FOLLOWING STEPS CAREFULLY, THIS ACTION IS NOT FULLY REVERSIBLE, YOU HAVE TO CONTACT THE PHONE SUPPORT AND DISMISS YOU SECURITY KEY FROM YOU ACCOUNT IF YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG. REMEMBER IS AT YOUR RISK. THE RESPONSABILITY IS NOT MINE.

11) You will gain the two codes by activating the security key from you account, selecting the correct device ANDROID. NOTE TAKE THIS CODE AND KEEP THEM!!!! IF YOU HAVE TO REINSTALL ALL (like formatting the pc, or something else) YOU NEED THIS TWO CODE FOR REISTALL THE SECURITY KEY. THERE ARE NO OTHER WAY TO HAVE THEM ANOTHER TIME, ONLY CALLING THE PHONE ASSINSTANCE. SO KEEP THEM.

12) Enter the two code and click ok. The security key is installed.

NOW LOT OF TIME NOTHING WORK FINE, you have to set up time in the phone and the correct time zone.

13) Go to setup menu of the virtual device, and set the correct date, time and time zone.

14) Return to the application and click on SETTINGS and SYNCRONIZE TIME, then select MANUAL. Type the correct date and time. Then Ok.

15) Now all is done, watch in the informazion tab security key information, you will see all the correct information display, like the time and Local time Zone Id. Watch that the displayed time is the GMT 0, so plus the offset it must do the actual time.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE FOR A CORRECT USE OF THE SECURITY KEY

1) in the information tab you will se a APPLICATION 1 COUNTER. This is VERY VERY important. If you reinstall it the counter must be at least one number upper you have used last time.

For example for log in i use the counter N° 35, i need to reinstall it i must use the security key util you reach the number 36 now you will can log in again. IF THE NUMBER IS SMALLER YOU CAN'T LOG IN

2) Keep all saved in a different space, like an external HD or something. There are 2 folder to keep one is on main installation, the other is .android, located in user directory.

3) Keep Alway the two code, remember if you lose them you have to call the support and restore the security key and YOU CAN'T LOGIN.

NOTE FOR BIOWARE, I DID NOT KNOW IF THIS IS CORRECT WITH EULA. IF IS NOT PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST. THAKS.

Edited by Elminster_cs

• 11 months later...

Yes, see this issue take me a while. Is about one year that i use it and all works fine.

I just have got one problem, when i travel to germany from italy i was not able to set it well and i was unable to log in. After i come back to italy all works fine. I don't know why. ^_^