crew skills

andrewrags

Read the sticky on companion crew skill bonuses. It gives a great breakdown on each class and each skill along with recommendations.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=132015

Unless you use your treasure hunting for profit (selling rare mats), it doesn't really fit with a Bounty Hunter. Treasure Hunting is used by artiface and synthweaver who are used primarily by Siths. Mako has the highest slicing in the game so unless you have a desire to craft, your best move would be add slicing and one other mission runner and go for profiteering. Otherwise you may need to drop treasure hunting. My BH went the Cybertech route. He can craft mods as well as earpieces, spacecraft parts, speeders, etc. Stuff all your alts can use and you can sell.

Edited by Owsley

Treasure hunting produces materials for Artifice (along with archeology)

Artifice makes mostly lightsaber hilts (which are useless to a bounty hunter), but it also makes color crystals used by all types of weapons and enhancements used by all modifiable gear (which are useful to all classes) and also some relics at max level.

Still artifice is not one of the usually recommended crewskills for a bounty hunter, even though not completely useless, and unless you plan to sell the mats you get with the treasure hunting, there is no reason to have treasure hunting without artifice, so you might want to unlearn the treasure hunting and replace it with something else if you take some other crafting skill.

Of course if you don't take crafting, but go with 3 gathering skills, and just sell the materials, then you should keep it.

Either way, see the guide linked above

Edited by Eternalnight

Treasure hunting produces materials for Artifice (along with archeology)

Artifice makes mostly lightsaber hilts (which are useless to a bounty hunter), but it also makes color crystals used by all types of weapons and enhancements used by all modifiable gear (which are useful to all classes) and also some relics at max level.

Still artifice is not one of the usually recommended crewskills for a bounty hunter, even though not completely useless, and unless you plan to sell the mats you get with the treasure hunting, there is no reason to have treasure hunting without artifice, so you might want to unlearn the treasure hunting and replace it with something else if you take some other crafting skill.

Either way, see the guide linked above

hi, i was unaware you were able to unlearn a skill... in case i want to can you say how? thanks

hi, i was unaware you were able to unlearn a skill... in case i want to can you say how? thanks

Open the crew skill window - default hotkey is N. In the upper part you have your list of crew skills, each one has a progress bar that shows your skill level; in the lower part is your list of companions. Next to each skill in the upper part is a X symbol - click it, confirm and you will unlearn the skill.

BTW If you "unlearn" a crafting skill you will loose any schematics you might have learned. If you retake the skill later on, you start from scratch.