Balancing around arenas, am I seeing this right?

HoboWithAStick

Q:Why is there not more balancing before arenas?

A: Because the arenas will use different strategies, they want to see what happens in arenas before balancing, rather than the other way around.

Last time I checked this game has alot more to it then arenas, as a matter of fact those are not even out yet! So why are we holding off class balance because of it? As it sits some classes have been totally gimped since 2.0 came out, 0 class balance has been done and for 2.4 one class is getting looked at but not really even getting the ajustment they need. My sin tank currently can get 1 shot by nm TFB when in tauntrum but thats okay right? Sin dps can't do NM ops cause even played to the highest level they pull bad numbers but thats okay too right? All the sorc dps get torn up by any that touches them but thats okay cause they can heal right?

While Marauders have almost twice as many cooldowns as the next class, all skill trees completely viable for pve and pvp and wrecking the dps parser with even an average player behind the wheel. Then there are snipers which have all the same gifts as the marauder but in ranged form with the addition of the most cc in the game and are immune to cc most of the time themselves. Are you a dot spec fighting a sniper? No worries he can just cleanse himself of all dots with a single button, are you a melee trying to kill a sniper? No worries his 25% dodge chance, roots that fill no resolve, knockback (With auto root), shortest cd stun in the game and gap closer that is most likely better then yours will make sure you never drop him.

I'm getting so sick of the combat team chilling around while the players of their game call out for help. Its pretty sad that there are more views and replys in the why are you ignoring Sin thread then your official class balance thread. And even though the Sin balance thread has over 400 replys there is still no yellow text in there, but don't worry guys balance will come in either 2.5 or 2.6. So we've waited all this time and we have to wait another 4-7 months for you guys to actually fix the issues we are having right now? But wait, by that time if won't matter cause you are just going to balance around arenas.

People are not asking for you guys to do much, just enough to know that you care. Sins don't wanna be top dps, they just don't wanna be 400-500 dps behind everyone else. Sorcs don't wanna be op either, they just wanna be able to take a hit or two without having to blow a bunch of globals just to stay alive.

Doing the class balance around arenas is just a bad idea, doing class balance around the metrics is also a terrible idea. Everyone knows that people flock to the FOTM class, when arenas go live how many serious groups do you think there will be that aren't running agent and warrior combos?

You get the idea and I'm sorry for the rant. I just wish bioware would start listening to the players on some of these things. I don't wanna wait another 4-7 months in hopes that my class is going to get fixed and until it does I'm not even going to step into arenas. If it wasn't for my raid group I would have unsubbed a long time ago.

PvP nerfs will happen because of PvE. PvE nerfs will happen because of PvP. PvEers will blame PvPers and PvPers will blame PvEers.

It is the way of MMOs, padawan.

Wouldn't be an issue if class balance didn't go untouched for so long.

Edited by HoboWithAStick

People are not asking for you guys to do much, just enough to know that you care

Oh, but they do. They will tell you a dozen times that they read the forums and really listen to the players, gather feedback and have internal discussions about it. I've heard it plenty and it's politically correct garbage and it doesn't fix anything. This cycle has been going on since the game came out and how many serious class balance patches have we had?

Exactly, just let that sink in for a moment.

I actually think they are listening. Aside from Arena atm, balance is in a reasonable state right now in the game I would guess based on player feedback and perhaps even metrics.

That is not to say there are not problems, but most of the problems exist in end game and PVP...not the majority player base I would guess.

Oh, but they do. They will tell you a dozen times that they read the forums and really listen to the players, gather feedback and have internal discussions about it. I've heard it plenty and it's politically correct garbage and it doesn't fix anything. This cycle has been going on since the game came out and how many serious class balance patches have we had?

Exactly, just let that sink in for a moment.

I agree, actions speak louder then words. It really bugs me I can see weekly class balance from some F2P games that don't even have a sub and much smaller smaller dev team. Then you go to swtor and they bring in millions every month and do class balance 1-2 per year and don't even fix the issues in that time or even address everyone.

Its really hard to et excited about arenas when the class I main is currently terrible in every spec and knowing I stand 0 chance against someone with similar skill to me. If bioware wants to have compeditive pvp they really need to be serious about class balance.

PvP nerfs will happen because of PvE. PvE nerfs will happen because of PvP. PvEers will blame PvPers and PvPers will blame PvEers.

It is the way of MMOs, padawan.

Not the case in WoW, in that game if you look at the top achievable dps in raid/heroic situations all classes are pretty much equal.

Pit them together into PvP situations though and most class specs are laughable. There's definitely more balancing around PvE than PvP in MMOs than people like to admit.

Edited by Glumish