Still no new map in 1.5?

Dawginole

This is what I'm hearing. Is this for real? The new map was alluded to being introduced in 1.4. Why do they keep focusing on PvE and giving us WZ players nothing when the dev team stated their surprise at how popular wz's were?

If the new map really isn't in 1.5 that means PvE has gotten 2 new daily areas, 2 new Ops, and 3 new sets of gear to PvP's 1 new map and 1 new set of gear since 1.2...

I must say I completely agree. With all the stuns, and stale maps, I have been playing less and less. I'm getting bored after about 4-5 wz and then just log off because i have better stuff to do. I can't be the only one, or at least i doubt I'm the only one.

I don't think the new wz map is ready for primetime. The game mechanics they have described in being on that map are borked with the new stealth abilities. There is no counter to a team of 4 operatives (2 healing, 2 concealment dps) and 4 tank assassins. They will start cloaked and then uncloak to pick off two enemies (4v1 on each). As soon as the kill occurs, they will stealth out. Rinse and repeat. When the time comes to fight over the central room, they do the same thing and then keep fighting with their 8v6 advantage. No way the other team will get kills with everyone on the stealth team being a tank or under guard.

On normal (non-deathmatch) maps, you can at least defeat a stealth player by forcing them to cloak and run away. That gives you the terrain objective. But in death match that gets you NOTHING. In death match the ability to use Exit Combat Stealth to prevent death is a trump card that usurps EVERYTHING.

Ya this is one of the main reasons I am done. That and all the insane lag that this game has is not even close to worth $15 a month in my opinion. I tried to stay with this game and support it, but in my opinion it is not my job to support a video game. They are supposed to be the ones enticing us to play and free to play has taken precedence over their loyal customers. Kind of sad really, I thought it was only Blizzard / Activision that could be this oblivious to their customers. I guess I was mistaken.

1.5 = PVE 1.6 = PVP.. Hang in there.. its coming !

Source? And...how many wz's? one?! LOL! That would be pathetic!!!!

@the OP:

Yup. For real. What I find kinda funny is that in the time it's taken for them to remove Ilum and add ONE wz, the Call of Duty franchise has released 2 games and multiple map packs.

Edited by TUXs

This is a PvE game after all. Even the devs stated that they were surprised on how popular PvP was for the start of the game. While I fully understood this I am still a little flabbergasted that its almost been a year and only one new warzone has been added. I understand only one new tier of gear...there always be a gear gap and I don't think the forums could handle the flow of QQ that another set would bring.

Well if that's the reason for the delay the battle team should be hung out to dry. Based on their own words this map was all but ready to go except for the final animation at games end. With the exception of the final animation the map was playable at Gamescon in mid AUGUST! That was 3 months ago.

So if you had a map ready to go for wz players and then you changed the game mechanics of stealth knowing that it would ruin your new map and prevent it from being launched then you're a pile of idiots.

This is why these guys need to be just reskinning an existing game mode every six weeks instead of trying to come up with a brand new game mode every time.

Coming in 1.6 which they have repeatedly said is coming before the end of the year.

After the anger and lost subscriptions that came with the failed release of ranked WZ's in 1.2 that were promised. I'd say they probably wouldn't announce it unless they were sure they could produce it on schedule.

This is a PvE game after all. Even the devs stated that they were surprised on how popular PvP was for the start of the game. While I fully understood this I am still a little flabbergasted that its almost been a year and only one new warzone has been added. I understand only one new tier of gear...there always be a gear gap and I don't think the forums could handle the flow of QQ that another set would bring.

Well, we have seen the new gear in the weapons. I don't think there is much to cry about there. At least any more than was already there. Then again; I could be underestimating the power of the Q side.

Well, we have seen the new gear in the weapons. I don't think there is much to cry about there. At least any more than was already there. Then again; I could be underestimating the power of the Q side.

The Q side is strong.

I don't see any reason for new gear to be honest. Min/Maxing WH is almost as big a jump from WH to Min/Maxed as it is from BM to WH. And I also don't mind if PvE is always a gear tier or more ahead of PvP. The grind is greater in PvP and people should be able to enjoy what they've earned for awhile before they have to jump in and start grinding again for another set.

But 1 new WZ map is ridiculous. This game should have launched with 10 maps minimum. It launched with 3. Then to the dev teams surprise PvP was super popular. So their response was to release 1 new map in 7 months. And now they will supposedly release the map that was ready in August to us the last week of 2012 so they can claim they released 2 maps in the same calender year. LOL.

Especially with no World PvP, a WZ player should be able to sit down and play WZ's for 2 solid hours minimum before they see the same map.

All these devs have done in relation to PvP is to make it worse. Awesome!

I believe OPs expectations are a bit high. I couldn't ever imagine more than one new wz in an update, especially since they are now mini-updates. It's not like a new warzone is us fighting in a differently shaped building, or with new textures. Each new warzone has new mechanics and new features all which must be tested and balanced as much as possible.

I don't think you'll survive long in this game doing ONLY PvE or PvP. Being able to bounce back and forth greatly increases longevity.

BS, it'll be 1.6 = pve, 1.7 = pve, 1.8 = pve, etc, etc

face it, this is a pve game

They have already confirmed hypergates as happening this year and Ilum in january. It is a pve game, but there is pvp content on the horizon. There is even PvP content in 1.5 with section X and the HK quest sending people to the Outlaws Den. Just need to get off your rear and make it happen.

Great game for the most part even though i only pvp these days. The whole pvp department should have been dismissed months ago and still nothing to change my mind about that. Excellent quests, excellent graphics but pvp even though fun has really been the downside to the whole game be it world pvp or wz's. I mean 3 wz's on release have no idea wat they were thinking and only 1 added since wat have they been doing ? (pvp department i mean ? or do they even have 1 still ?) :mad:

They have already confirmed hypergates as happening this year and Ilum in january. It is a pve game, but there is pvp content on the horizon. There is even PvP content in 1.5 with section X and the HK quest sending people to the Outlaws Den. Just need to get off your rear and make it happen.

'on the horizon' lolol

i was naive like you once

Edited by FourTwent

Well, at least the pvp can't get any worse.

Right?

Right guys, c'mon, back me up here, we hit rock bottom with 1.2, and slowly we've been slowly staying the exact same- so no doubt with all the lay offs and loss of their leaders and going to f2p we're going to see big stuff in the future, right?

'on the horizon' lolol

i was naive like you once

Seeing as I had a BW response to a post(in this section of the forums even) on that very subject I am going to go with that. They could miss their date, but when I get a dev stating hypergates will be in before year end I will wait til year end before crying foul.

Seeing as I had a BW response to a post(in this section of the forums even) on that very subject I am going to go with that. They could miss their date, but when I get a dev stating hypergates will be in before year end I will wait til year end before crying foul.

season 1 says hello

ilum says hello

solo queue for rated says hello

cross server queuing says hello

Edited by FourTwent