A reply from Bioware's lead PR/Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez

Tom_the_Narwhal

So yesterday I took directly to twitter in search of some communication regarding our servers. I dug up Joveth Gonzalez's personal twitter account and sent him a tweet asking if Bioware had any plans to merge out servers together. After no reply I sent another urging him to communicate with a totally ignored part of his player base. This is his reponse.

http://twitter.com/Joveth/status/248810908275589120

'Currently there are no plans, since we want to make sure those types of servers are available as an option for Oceanic players."

I have also asked him to formally state this in a forum post or somewhere the rest of the community can see it.

So yesterday I took directly to twitter in search of some communication regarding our servers. I dug up Joveth Gonzalez's personal twitter account and sent him a tweet asking if Bioware had any plans to merge out servers together. After no reply I sent another urging him to communicate with a totally ignored part of his player base. This is his reponse.

'Currently there are no plans, since we want to make sure those types of servers are available as an option for Oceanic players."

I have also asked him to formally state this in a forum post or somewhere the rest of the community can see it.

:( this is not good news for us

:( - lets hope we can at least get a transfer.

Edited by gloryday

This is disheartening

Bioware needs to realize And accept the fact that there's just not enough gamers in this region To support 3 servers

I understand that they want to offer us choice and I'm thankful for that

But it's counter productive if it's not needed and the numbers I see on the pve and pvp severs each night tell me there just not enough players (there was 18 rep on fleet in master D lastnight )merging the servers is the best thing bioware can do for this community

Edited by denpic

sigh.. that's like the nail in the coffin.

The population of Oceanic servers will just slowly die for sure now. :(

I can't help but to think that Bioware just want to let the Oceanic servers die and then official close the Oceanic servers to cut cost. I had hopes before but I'm not sure I do now. :(

Edited by DarthStubb

they really have mis handle this game and the cofounders leaving just makes me think bioware will not be around much longer and EA will just sink their franchises for every penny left tell the company is gone Edited by Froippi

they really have mis handle this game and the cofounders leaving just makes me think bioware will not be around much longer and EA will just sink their franchises for every penny left tell the company is gone

You are a crazy person who needs to take some medication. I suggest a strong course of reduplicative paramnesia medication such as equipping yourself with a large piece of steel bar and hitting yourself on the head with it.

EA has recovered the cost to make this game and made money no doubt and they will not learn a thing from this at all. But when F2P comes out you and every other crazy person like you will be the first to race out for the micro transactions such as a different hair style for 5.95 and a lightsaber with an extra few pixels of length for 10.95. So I doubt you will learn a thing from this at all either. Making you = EA.

If micro transactions do not occur, I am sure I will see you in line for the next expansion. Please give back my deck of pokemon cards prior to queuing or I am going to bring my large dog to the queue line. it makes me angry when you grease them up after eating mcdonalds. Thank you.

I hope this protocol message has helped you - may the force be with you.

Love

Meds.