Scoundrel healers impossible to kill

Vassise

I play jug vengeance and one match I was just attacking one healer the entire game...he didnt die once..

I know my class, i know how to play, i'm fully geared/augmented but I cant kill them

They have heal

They have roll

They can go invisible

They can stun me and heal up

They can stun me and go invisible, run around a corner and heal up

We played another game again, same scoundrel was there...he survived longer than me when i wore my fully augmented tank gear. Its ridiculous

Edited by Vassise

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should take a break from QQ threads when you can't remember which ones you already have started anymore?

Seriously. Op/Scoundrel healers are crazy good PvP healing classes, but the crying in these forums just is far more annoying.

you shouldnt be able to kill an operative healer by yourself...if you play with people stupid enough to not focus down the healer....well sorry.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^↑↑↑↑↑

Of course you should be able to kill an unsupported operative by yourself as a dps. You should be able to kill any healer by yourself if they get no help. It should take longer than killing another player, but all things being equal the final outcome should not be in doubt. The idea that a support class should just shrug off a single dps is completely ridiculous. Again, all things being equal. Edited by Aelaias

I think the key part of your post is the "vengeance jugg" part. Vengeance is sort of an awful spec right now overall, and has been for ages. It simply does not have the burst to down a good healer. veng also has alot of cool defensive and anti cc abilities, so I dont know if giving them that kind of burst is wise. I have not played the spec enough to know. I will say, that I have no issues killing any healer one on once as a rage or carnage marauder, but it can be a lengthy fight.

Of course you should be able to kill an unsupported operative by yourself as a dps. You should be able to kill any healer by yourself if they get no help. It should take longer than killing another player, but all things being equal the final outcome should not be in doubt. The idea that a support class should just shrug off a single dps is completely ridiculous. Again, all things being equal.

Why should you be able to kill an unsupported healer by yourself? Op Healers will never run out of power/stamina(whatever the hell they have). They have the ability to throw down orbital strike and dot you up while all the time healing and you cannot heal. Dps should never beat any healing class 1 on 1...if they do the healer is bad.

Why should you be able to kill an unsupported healer by yourself? Op Healers will never run out of power/stamina(whatever the hell they have). They have the ability to throw down orbital strike and dot you up while all the time healing and you cannot heal. Dps should never beat any healing class 1 on 1...if they do the healer is bad.

You are confusing should not with cannot. They should because that's good game balance. They can't because class balance is a quite bit more than the SWTOR people can handle as 2.0 has shown.

I think the key part of your post is the "vengeance jugg" part. Vengeance is sort of an awful spec right now overall, and has been for ages. It simply does not have the burst to down a good healer. veng also has alot of cool defensive and anti cc abilities, so I dont know if giving them that kind of burst is wise. I have not played the spec enough to know. I will say, that I have no issues killing any healer one on once as a rage or carnage marauder, but it can be a lengthy fight.

You being awful at it does not translate to the spec being bad. The ONLY thing that a marauder can bring to the table that a jug can't is the heal debuff, that's all. And good luck with that rage burst in 1v1 against a competent healer.

Dps should never beat any healing class 1 on 1...if they do the healer is bad.

This is the single most stupid premise I've ever heard in my 40-year life.

It doesn't make sense from a game mechanics perspective, and it doesn't make sense from a story perspective.

I guess in your world the Navy SEAL should always get the crap beat out of him by the trauma nurse...

Don't expect any sort of operative healer nerfs before EA goes bankrupt. Just accept the current PvP reality that healers have returned to pre SWTOR 1.2 performance.

Ranged DPS cannot kill operative healers. PT has been nerfed to be less of a threat against healers. The rest, the melee DPS are far from hard countering operative healers, which balance wise should be the case btw.

Edited by NoTomorrow

You shouldnt be able to kill an operative healer by yourself...

That's wishful thinking. Correct is that it shouldn't be granted that a single DPS kills a healer, not that a single DPS can never kill a healer. It should be difficult, but surely not impossible.

Currently, you need two good DPS to kill a bad healer and if the healer is good, you already need 3 DPS and it still will take them a while. This is very, very poor game balance.

Edited by Cretinus

Of course you should be able to kill an unsupported operative by yourself as a dps. You should be able to kill any healer by yourself if they get no help. It should take longer than killing another player, but all things being equal the final outcome should not be in doubt. The idea that a support class should just shrug off a single dps is completely ridiculous. Again, all things being equal.

Yes, make a healer unable to cover a single dps in healing, then why play a healer, delete healing, tank trees. PvP should be just a mindless dps fest. =)

Yes, make a healer unable to cover a single dps in healing, then why play a healer, delete healing, tank trees. PvP should be just a mindless dps fest. =)

I don't mind the healing numbers too much even though they are a bit on the high side, I object to the insane amount of escapes most healers get, especially the operatives.

I play jug vengeance and one match I was just attacking one healer the entire game...he didnt die once..

I know my class, i know how to play, i'm fully geared/augmented but I cant kill them

They have heal

They have roll

They can go invisible

They can stun me and heal up

They can stun me and go invisible, run around a corner and heal up

We played another game again, same scoundrel was there...he survived longer than me when i wore my fully augmented tank gear. Its ridiculous

apparently the op does not know / realize that this game has overly ultra excessive CC since patch 1.4. So if you and your team mates cant CC, interupt, or focus fire a healer then your team deserves to fail / lose. One player should not be able to take down a healer, much in the same way one player shouldnt be able to take down a fully geared tank. besides tanks have ultra high dps????

Edited by DarthSabreth

Oh my God!

Where is this mindset COMING FROM!?!?!?!

:confused:

As he said one person should not be able to kill a healer, as a veng jugg you have the advantage of a taunt, cant believe I even have to say this but you are able to put pressure on dps and lower their damage vs your team mates.

My gunnery commando can put alot of pressure on healers and I am able to easily hard switch to players with lower health which is one of my advantages

Edited by Aussie_ay

You are confusing should not with cannot. They should because that's good game balance. They can't because class balance is a quite bit more than the SWTOR people can handle as 2.0 has shown.

That is NOT good game balance. In fact it is the complete opposite of good game balance. If you can solo a healer as a DPS there is absolutely NO point in playing a healer.

Think about what you're saying. Just because you want to solo a healer doesn't mean it's good for the game (which it isn't).

You shouldnt be able to kill an operative healer by yourself...if you play with people stupid enough to not focus down the healer....well sorry.

Sorry but pure DPS (Sniper or Marauder) in any tree should drop any healer 1v1: Period.