Disney owns Marvel comic and Now LucasFilms!

mefit

Disney probably won't mean new Canon but G Cannon will certainly be expanded beyond Lucas now !

With that said , Marvel is fully owned by Disney as well ..............does this mean Darkhorse will eventually fade away and rights be given to inside Disney (Marvel) ..........?

Wow , now I am sure the world will end in 2012 !

Another question ..................will CN eventaully lose rights to CloneWars ?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by mefit

G canon is now officially out the window.

Wooooooooohhhhh!! OOOHH NOOOO! THE BIG EVIL CORPORATE GREEDY NAZI MONSTER MICKEY MOUSE WILL SOON OWN ALL THE ENTERTAINMENT! WOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!

Pretty much. But really who cares? This is only a good thing. Lucas already squatted and dumped over the OT. Disney will probasbly treat it better than he did.

Edited by maxetius

G canon is now officially out the window.

Pretty much. But really who cares? This is only a good thing. Lucas already squatted and dumped over the OT. Disney will probasbly treat it better than he did.

ehhh I would say all the EU canon is out the window. The only thing that we are sure is still official is the Movies and the Clone Wars series. We are sure that everything Post ROTJ is gone as they said Episode 7 will be a new story.

Edited by jarjarloves

ehhh I would say all the EU canon is out the window. The only thing that we are sure is still official is the Movies and the Clone Wars series. We are sure that everything Post ROTJ is gone as they said Episode 7 will be a new story.

I wouldn't say that at all. Until Disney makes a movie/show/game that changes EU canon, then the canon is still canon. We know that a lot of the canon on the events of the NJO is out the window, but everything else is safe ............. for now.

Seriously people, I can't see them making THAT many big changes (except of the NJO stuff of course).

How is disney owning lucasarts at all bad?

Leia is a Disney Princess now....

Decades of EU material thrown out the window...any seriousness Star Wars could ever have is gone, etc. :(:rolleyes:

Edited by Eillack

The possibilities are endless! Princess Leia at Disneyland? Boba Fett vs Deadpool? More Wookiee jedi? Its all possible now that Disney has the reigns! And every single one of you will go see more Star Wars movies regardless of their quality. Because its new Star Wars in theaters again, and everyone deserves that experience. You have to admit that the Prequel Trilogy generally improved in quality as they came out, and since there is no way Jar Jar would appear in the Sequel Trilogy they can only improve from there.

I wouldn't say that at all. Until Disney makes a movie/show/game that changes EU canon, then the canon is still canon. We know that a lot of the canon on the events of the NJO is out the window, but everything else is safe ............. for now.

Seriously people, I can't see them making THAT many big changes (except of the NJO stuff of course).

How do you figure that any of the NJO canon is out the window? At this point everything stands as is. Nothing has changed. Lucas Film will retain most of the control of the IP. Disney is just the parent company. Until we know exactly what the next story is about we should assume nothing. None of the canon is "out the window" at this point, including all of the NJO.

Disney probably won't mean new Canon but G Cannon will certainly be expanded beyond Lucas now !

With that said , Marvel is fully owned by Disney as well ..............does this mean Darkhorse will eventually fade away and rights be given to inside Disney (Marvel) ..........?

Their response so far

http://majorspoilers.com/2012/10/30/dark-horse-reacts-to-star-wars-announcement/

Edited by chuixupu

Knowing how the Mouse works and how diligently we preach the gospel of "Synergy" as part of internal DIS onboarding (@ WDW there is literally a giant "SYNERGY" sign with samples of product synergies inside some of the training rooms) I'd put money on the rights reverting to Marvel.

The only thing I can think of that would keep them from reverting to Marvel is if Disney bought Darkhorse. You heard it here first.

And remember, Quantity never means Quality OP.

Ep VI is called a CONCLUSION for a reason...Star Wars should have remained in Tv shows, comics, books, and video games..where it is very strong in the market still...well or was after Disney makes all of that pointless and all we have left are Star Wars phone apps... :(

Edited by Eillack

And remember, Quantity never means Quality OP.

Ep VI is called a CONCLUSION for a reason...Star Wars should have remained in Tv shows, comics, books, and video games..where it is very strong in the market still...well or was after Disney makes all of that pointless and all we have left are Star Wars phone apps... :(

That better not be true. I'm still waiting for Battlefront 3. :(

That better not be true. I'm still waiting for Battlefront 3. :(

Sorry to break it to you but Battlefront 3 was 100% given up on a couple years ago; Pandemic being dropped was the last nail for it.

We might have 1313 still if Disney allows it to happen.

Edited by Eillack

Sorry to break it to you but Battlefront 3 was 100% given up on a couple years ago; Pandemic being dropped was the last nail for it.

We might have 1313 still if Disney allows it to happen.

That sucks. I seriously hope 1313 comes out and is good. TFU series was okay, but I'm hoping 1313 can revive Star Wars gaming. If 1313 is successful, maybe Disney will reconsider their approach to Star Wars gaming. I hope so.

How is disney owning lucasarts at all bad?

Because Disney is going to milk the @#$% out of the SW franchise and ruin it for good. Lucas had it at a legendary stand point, but the guy decided for greed. Lucas cashed out, and sold it.

Disney makes beauty and the beast, not Star Wars. An episode 7 will instantly kill the franchise and ruin the legacy.

Because Disney is going to milk the @#$% out of the SW franchise and ruin it for good. Lucas had it at a legendary stand point, but the guy decided for greed. Lucas cashed out, and sold it.

Disney makes beauty and the beast, not Star Wars. An episode 7 will instantly kill the franchise and ruin the legacy.

I disagree. I think Disney will do fine with Star Wars as long as they don't wreck too much of our EU and as long as they don't attempt to remake the old films.

wait are you honestly trying to say Lucas didn't milk the crap out of it?? Have you seen the Prequels and all the merchendise with it? for gods sake he made this

and now this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRNXFhboBI

You are incredbily misguided if you think Disney only does Beauty and the Best I guess you have never seen Pirates of the Carribean or The Avengers.

You should also head over to Disneyworld or Disneyland and go ride Star Tours.

Disney knows what they are doing.

I disagree. I think Disney will do fine with Star Wars as long as they don't wreck too much of our EU and as long as they don't attempt to remake the old films.

Unfortunately he may be right. The EU is going to be scrapped and Star Wars will be transformed into a perversion of what it is now.