In all of my time playing this game since launch..

Theology

I have never seen the community as a whole in agreement over any other topic like I have with the overpowered state of Mercs and Commandos.

So you don't play since the beginning.

It was the same thing with op heal at 3.0 and prior (and with concealment at 1.0), same thing with smash spec, same thing with sorcerer heal after 4.0, ...

With 5.0, some classes/spec had new skills and we are all still learning them (and it's harder now because we are all focusing on one character due to cxp) but I already saw people dealing very well with merc and mandos, ccing them, los them, switching of target when a merc/mando pops his dcd. And guest what, when done correctly, merc and mandos are still dying quickly. Of course, if you do the same old things like in 4.x , yeah, they have 4 health bars.

It's easy to complain about merc/mandos but it's only the tree hiding the forest because there are lots of broken things in 5.0 but sheep have stated that they will bleat at merc/mandos...

Edited by Sorkenna

There was at one point, I think it was 3.0, where a buff to dps ops was so severe that the whole community was pissed. People were dying in the opening stun lock. If you had your cc break, and used it at the right time, you might have like a 50/50 chance of living. It was pretty bad. Lot of people just stopped pvping for awhile.

This whole situation was a reminder of those times. They nerfed it within a week or two that time, so that one of the stuns was now a root, to let you use a dcd. Hopefully they're even handed when it comes to balancing this current situation out.

Hrm. Times when there have been more posts than this about one class? Let me think.

Merc tracer spam. 1.0.

Operative stunlock made me unsub.

Smash monkeys.

PT dongcleave.

Sorc Bubblestun.

Merc electronet.

Sorc heals.

That's just off the top of my head. Many of those were back in the day when we had forum mods even at weekends though, and they locked/deleted threads all the time. Now they tend to leave things alone unless someone posts threats or wipes their arse with the TOS. Which is for the better - but it tends to make people think complaints have gotten worse. Most of the threads and posts here are by <20 individuals.

Edited by Jherad

Bubblestun/Smash was the worst balance in the history of the game. It ruined 8v8 and teams would have to make deals with each other not to use it. To make matters worse it lasted for like 9 months and people were screaming about it everyday.

Hrm. Times when there have been more posts than this about one class? Let me think.

Merc tracer spam. 1.0.

Operative stunlock made me unsub.

Smash monkeys.

PT dongcleave.

Sorc Bubblestun.

Merc electronet.

Sorc heals.

That's just off the top of my head. Many of those were back in the day when we had forum mods even at weekends though, and they locked/deleted threads all the time. Now they tend to leave things alone unless someone posts threats or wipes their arse with the TOS. Which is for the better - but it tends to make people think complaints have gotten worse. Most of the threads and posts here are by <20 individuals.

You forgot jugg's 30 second buffed ED.

Even when it was nerfed to 10s people still continued to whine, because CC is hard. :rolleyes:

There was at one point, I think it was 3.0, where a buff to dps ops was so severe that the whole community was pissed. People were dying in the opening stun lock. If you had your cc break, and used it at the right time, you might have like a 50/50 chance of living. It was pretty bad. Lot of people just stopped pvping for awhile.

This whole situation was a reminder of those times. They nerfed it within a week or two that time, so that one of the stuns was now a root, to let you use a dcd. Hopefully they're even handed when it comes to balancing this current situation out.

It was in ~2.5 ish, I believe. Literally all BW did was make the TA regrant on Laceration a 100% chance instead of a 70% chance, and then they increased the damage of the ability by like 2% or something. It was a QoL buff.

What happened though, is a lot of people got on their ops to test out the changes, and you'd see 2-3 DPS ops in a warzone occasionally. This made the sorcs angry!!!!!!

After about 2 weeks, people stopped playing the class again because they realized it wasn't that great. However, Bioware took away the knockdown on hidden strike from concealment here because of all the QQ, even though the buff they got was marginal at best.

3.0 operatives were quite strong though, mostly because we still had our 30% surge buff passive, and we'd also gotten immunity roll then (up from an 80% chance to 100% resist). The dmg was quite good, for a while, until they nerfed that passive in.. 3.2? ish? They removed it for like everyone but PTs, mercs, and snipers then, if I remember correctly.

Edited by QuiveringPotato