Remove Valor requirements for BM gear pls

Reeny

With the crafted BM gear, there are Valor requirements.

These valor requirements are high as well, lvl 70?

This defeats the purpose of crafted gear.

If people are already valor 70, they probably would already have a full set of BM gear.

Why would they want to buy a custom set, except for the Augment slot?

The valor requirements limit it to an extremely small set of people.

How many people have the Valor requirements?

That's the point... I don't get it? You want something for nothing? Get to valor rank 70 so you can wear it. This post is rediculous, and I've been seeing a lot of this QQ ******** ALOT lately. Like you're DEMANDING BW to do what you personally want, because YOU don't like it. Screw that, man up and play the game, don't ask for something for nothing!

What's the point of making a whole set of custom armor for an extremely small set of people?

That small set of people who in all probability, dont even need that armor.

Does not compute.

It's for the chance to crit an augment slot on said gear for people who earned the valor rank to wear said gear. End of story.

The new tier of Ops gear will be able to be RE'd for a chance at an orange schematic from what I've read. Allowing the same thing for PVP gear is only fair imho.

Edited by Akella
add someting

If people are already valor 70, they probably would already have a full set of BM gear.

To purchase BM gear, you need commendations earned from WZ. And that gear is BoP, so you can't purchase it and trade it to another. The crafted gear, which has a chance of a crit success and an augment slot, would be utterly useless if it were BoP, so they were made BoE. In exchange, (to prevent those who have never set foot into a WZ from wearing it), they require "proof" of WZ experience, in terms of a Valor level.

Edited by Aieny

Give people choices, choices on what they want to wear.

If only Social Dancer outfits can have Augments, max-min people would all be wearing Social Dancer outfits.

So, dont place restrictions on ANY of the gear.

It doesnt make sense to restrict people to what Bioware thinks people should wear.

Give people plenty of choices and let the people decide.

Everytime a developer thinks they know better, they are almost certainly wrong.

Give people choices, choices on what they want to wear.

If only Social Dancer outfits can have Augments, max-min people would all be wearing Social Dancer outfits.

So, dont place restrictions on ANY of the gear.

It doesnt make sense to restrict people to what Bioware thinks people should wear.

Give people plenty of choices and let the people decide.

Everytime a developer thinks they know better, they are almost certainly wrong.

There aren't any set bonuses for wearing a complete suit of social gear, whereas there are set bonuses for wearing PvP armor. Being able to remove the mods from existing BM gear and placing them into the crafted PvP oranges will retain that set bonus - it will not be retained with social gear. While we are allowed to take the mods and now armoring out of our existing BM gear, if we want to keep the set bonuses for it with an augment slot, we have to use the critical crafted orange.

There are other schematics for orange gear if you can find them, where they require a certain level to use. Should we just reduce all orange gear to not have a level restriction, or a social restriction? What I gather from your OP is that you're level 50, haven't PvP'd enough to get the WZ coms to buy BM gear, and so you want to try and craft it, but it restricted you because your valor (from PvP) is too low, and so you just want it because you want it.

There aren't any set bonuses for wearing a complete suit of social gear, whereas there are set bonuses for wearing PvP armor. Being able to remove the mods from existing BM gear and placing them into the crafted PvP oranges will retain that set bonus - it will not be retained with social gear. While we are allowed to take the mods and now armoring out of our existing BM gear, if we want to keep the set bonuses for it with an augment slot, we have to use the critical crafted orange.

There are other schematics for orange gear if you can find them, where they require a certain level to use. Should we just reduce all orange gear to not have a level restriction, or a social restriction? What I gather from your OP is that you're level 50, haven't PvP'd enough to get the WZ coms to buy BM gear, and so you want to try and craft it, but it restricted you because your valor (from PvP) is too low, and so you just want it because you want it.

Actually, the BM gear does not transfer the set bonus. In addition, the crafted BM gear is the EMPTY SHELL with no bonuses, so even with augments if you wanted the set bonus you'd have to put Campaign or War Hero mods into the shell.

This is a good point.

Why restrict PvP people to wearing only these PvP armor?

Why not allow the PvP mods to bring set bonuses to other gear if the mods all go together?

Place all your PvP mods into a Social Dancer outfit and the set bonuses will be there.

You can then Pvp in whatever outfit you want and not restricted to BM/Warhero whatever armor.

Everyone looks the same then if PvP people only wear PvP armor.

How boring is that?

If your PvP armor looks like crap, u still have to wear it.

Again, let the player choose what they want to wear, dont restrict people to anything.

Actually, the BM gear does not transfer the set bonus. In addition, the crafted BM gear is the EMPTY SHELL with no bonuses, so even with augments if you wanted the set bonus you'd have to put Campaign or War Hero mods into the shell.

Could have sworn it was for both sets. Oh well, set bonuses aside, my underlying point still stands. :D

I'm a scoundrel anyways, and would rather wear armor with an augment slot since the set bonuses are pretty "meh" to me and our PvP armor is ugly. :p

This is a good point.

Why restrict PvP people to wearing only these PvP armor?

Why not allow the PvP mods to bring set bonuses to other gear if the mods all go together?

Place all your PvP mods into a Social Dancer outfit and the set bonuses will be there.

You can then Pvp in whatever outfit you want and not restricted to BM/Warhero whatever armor.

Everyone looks the same then if PvP people only wear PvP armor.

How boring is that?

If your PvP armor looks like crap, u still have to wear it.

Again, let the player choose what they want to wear, dont restrict people to anything.

I agree with you that the set bonuses should transfer into any piece of orange armor, but I guess they haven't figured out a decent way to do that yet.

No? great thread...

• 4 months later...
well i understand from a pvp'er stand point that, hey! i pvp my way up those ranks so i kinda want to look a little unique (well to some extent). at the same time though, as a marauder, i want those bm gear cuz 1) they look awesome, 2) most of the marauder gear are skirts. so hell yes i would like to roll on the marauder bm gear. my take is that hopefully with each new tier gear coming, the old ones will drop the valor rank. so now it requires valor rank 60 & 70. so when the new tier come out and require rank 80, the rank 60 requirement will be removed. kinda like what wow did with their gladiator gear. Edited by Hooney

Being able to purchase and craft BM and WH gear was a feeble stop-gap measure only useful between pubs 1.2 and 1.3, where craftable augmentation kits were introduced. The schematics now serve no real purpose and should, by all rights, be removed from the vendors. If you are even considering buying one of those schematic sets: don't. It's a waste of your money and more clutter to an already unruly and unmanageable crafting window.

Getting to VR 70 is too much time-consuming for someone that players on PvE servers and it's actually Ops active. I have 4 L50 BH or mostly BH characters and the highest VR I have it's 22.

The only reason I would possibly want PvP gear is for it's very good looks compared to the PvE one, but that doesn't justify wasting time doing PvP.

Such VR requirements should be on the PvP servers, not the PvE ones.

• 9 months later...
This is an old post but i agree with OP the valor requirements are stupid it would make sense if the crafted items came with expertise mods and enhancements but they dont they are just shells. They should just get rid of valor requirements or the least they could do is make the valor legacy wide because having to take all your toons to valor 70 to wear certain "SHELLS" is beyond what many pve players are willing to do.

• 2 weeks later...