I love the new cooldown effect!

DarthKeredias

So there seems to be a lot of hate for this new cooldown effect but after checking it out for myself I don't see what the fuss is about. Oh no, there's a blue flash, it's not like they broke anything about the game, they were trying to fix a complaint.

I think it looks cool and I think it's rather helpful, seeing as how people wanted a fix for cooldown, we are given something actually useful and you guys dismiss it immediately.

It doesn't effect me in combat, nor does it effect my eyes, it's not a game breaking bug people it is just a flash, you guys act like you've never had your photo taken or ever been to a party with strobe lights.

So who likes the effect and wants it to stay?

Edited by DarthKeredias

So there seems to be a lot of hate for this new cooldown effect but after checking it out for myself I don't see what the fuss is about. Oh no, there's a blue flash, it's not like they broke anything about the game, they were trying to fix a complaint.

I think it looks cool and I think it's rather helpful, seeing as how people wanted a fix for cooldown, we are given something actually useful and you guys dismiss it immediately.

It doesn't effect me in combat, nor does it effect my eyes, it's not a game breaking bug people it is just a flash, you guys act like you've never had your photo taken or ever been to a party with strobe lights.

So who likes the effect and wants it to stay?

Generally, you're not going to find the people without complaints on the forums. They're busy enjoying the game (or having a life). Forums is where the negative people hang out for the most part, so you're asking a non-random sample.

:sy_empire:Yeah but seriously, i cant really differentiate between the abilities :confused: and lots of people on general chat are saying thats its a glitch and that they'll fix it in the incoming patch. the blue animation itself is not the glitch, but the effect that it darkens out the things written over it, like in the previous cooldown animation is the prob, they forgot to delete all the elements of the previous animation it seems. i bet a few employees are going to be fired lol.....;)

May the Force be with you.

:ph_use_the_force:

Good for you. However we are quite a bunch that find it extremely annoying.

Are you lvl 50 and got all abilities? When there are 3 bars filled to the limit with flashing stuff it is more than a bit annoying. Some people even get physically ill of the change and I am happy that I am not epileptic...!

I have gotten over it since the whole big fuss. It is better in the end..it just takes getting used to. It's really good for keeping your eyes on your character then the flashes for telling you when the things are done. It's very useful. Then the things that are white constantly are still cooling down.

It can be overwhelming at first, but once you get used to it, ITS AWESOME!

Good for you. However we are quite a bunch that find it extremely annoying.

Are you lvl 50 and got all abilities? When there are 3 bars filled to the limit with flashing stuff it is more than a bit annoying. Some people even get physically ill of the change and I am happy that I am not epileptic...!

43, and got 4 bars almost filled with abilities and have no problem with the current CD tracker in either pvp or pve. Also, is every 1.5 seconds -really- that bad for epileptics? Wow was more flashing than this when I last played that with every ability flashing when it came off CD/GCD.

I feel for those that get ill from playing since the last patch, it is an unforseen sideeffect. Figuring out what about the current UI causes this is the faster way of getting it fixed, help BW, instead of shouting.

..At least the game isn't limited to some nonsense FoV, like some other games..

I was at ease with the release version of the hotbars. Then that patch came changing them and I had big troubles figuring out what was on CD (expecially for long CD skills). I feel comfortable with this new one again, still I think a simple numeric counter on skills on CD would be even better.

Some elaboration is required.

OK.

The problem is the shadowed with scrolling down bluish tint where the actual cooldown of the skill is 2 millimeters above that line. You can't see that line. It slows the rotation if you "wait and see" where you're at after the GCD effect.

For example, I can't know when to Static Barrier my companion without waiting for the GCD effect to get done with it's prettiness. Static Barrier shares a GCD with Force Lightning. The UI effect covers up the static information I had BEFORE the patch. Bottom line is I have less information after this patch. This slows the rotation, and makes the game less enjoyable for me.

I can understand how it might help a newer MMO player, and I don't mean it as a knock on anyone. However, this stalls the fluency of a player that wants to play in an environment that allows the most efficient use of abilities.

It makes me worry about the direction of this game. I don't want to have to press a key 10 times to see if/when it queues. And I don't want to extend my queue time higher now just to try and "wing it" because the UI stopped giving the specific information.

Edited by Partyrockk

Flashes are not annoying me, but i find it greatly annoying to not be able to see which abilities are ready for use during global cool down, because EVERY ability is blacked out!! I can't plan my attacks during global cool down, and i find myself randomly pressing buttons hoping there is enough rage to execute them !