Update 5.10 and Alliance Alerts

CharlesBoyd

• Dev Post

Hi folks!

During our livestream where we first revealed the details of Update 5.10: Jedi Under Siege, I mentioned that when Players begin the storyline in that update, any Alliance Alerts they hadn't completed on that character would be auto-completed for them, and that we'd give out more details later. Well, it's later now, so here are some details!

We have actually changed our plans on this pretty significantly, but the short version is: When starting the first new storyline mission in Update 5.10, the light-side Arcann Alliance Alert will be auto-completed if it hasn't been completed already; no other Alliance Alerts will be auto-completed.

Why pick on Arcann? It relates to his romance; since Alliance Alerts aren't generally required to be finished before moving forward in the main storyline, it would hypothetically be possible to have Arcann's Alliance Alert sitting on a character for years before completing it and, potentially, choosing to start a romance with him. To prevent this from causing issues with future romances, we need to know that you can no longer begin a romance with Arcann via that mission once a character has begun the storyline in 5.10. (Remember: if you complete his alert before starting the first storyline mission in 5.10, then nothing will change with him or his alert at all.)

For similar reasons, going forward, starting new romances with certain returning class companion characters may preclude resuming a romance with other returning class companion characters. For example, choosing to begin a romance with Nadia in update 5.10 would preclude you from resuming an existing romance with Felix Iresso if you hadn't already done so via his Alliance Alert. You will always get a warning confirmation on choices like this.

Outside of Alliance Alerts, beginning the first storyline mission in 5.10 will still auto-complete all other storylines, much like starting KOTFE. As with KOTFE, our general guideline for what choices are set by default is that Republic characters are assumed to make light side choices, and Imperial characters are assumed to make dark side choices. As examples, I've highlighted some of the major choices and how they default below, including a few where we have exceptions to the general guideline. Spoilers, of course!

• The HK-55 bonus chapter is not auto-completed at all.
  • KOTET Chapter 1: Republic characters are assumed to help Senya; Imperial characters are assumed to kill her. Thus, in Chapter 6, it's assumed that Republic characters recruit light-side Arcann, while Imperial characters are assumed to kill dark-side Arcann.
  • KOTET Chapter 3: Republic characters are assumed to forgive Koth; Imperial characters are assumed to kill him.
  • KOTET Chapter 5: Republic characters and Imperial Agents are assumed to spare SCORPIO; the remaining Imperial classes are assumed to kill her.
  • KOTET Chapter 8: Republic characters and Sith Warriors are assumed to save Vette; the remaining Imperial classes are assumed to save Torian instead.
  • War for Iokath: Republic characters are assumed to ally with the Republic and help Jace Malcom; Imperial characters are assumed to ally with the Sith Empire and help Empress Acina.
  • Traitor Among the Chiss: Republic characters are assumed to take Zenta as a prisoner; Imperial characters are assumed to kill her.
  • Nathema Conspiracy: all characters are assumed to forgive Theron and keep him in the Alliance.

So you can see there are some complexities and exceptions to the general guideline, but it's pretty consistent overall. None of this applies to a character who has already completed these storylines, of course, so if you want to see different variables set for your character, I would encourage you to play through the storylines before starting Jedi Under Siege :)

If you have any questions about the auto-complete process when starting Jedi Under Siege, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks everyone!

EDIT:

Some quick additions, based on questions I've seen coming up:

• If your character has already completed everything available before 5.10, nothing in this post applies. Auto-complete is only used for characters who haven't finished the previous content.
  • Other than the Arcann Alliance Alert, NO Alliance Alerts are being affected. They will all work as they do now.
  • When auto-completing the Arcann Alliance Alert, your character is assumed to NOT romance Arcann. If you want to romance him, do his alert before starting Jedi Under Siege's first story mission :)
Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks!

During our livestream where we first revealed the details of Update 5.10: Jedi Under Siege, I mentioned that when Players begin the storyline in that update, any Alliance Alerts they hadn't completed on that character would be auto-completed for them, and that we'd give out more details later. Well, it's later now, so here are some details!

We have actually changed our plans on this pretty significantly, but the short version is: When starting the first new storyline mission in Update 5.10, the light-side Arcann Alliance Alert will be auto-completed if it hasn't been completed already; no other Alliance Alerts will be auto-completed.

This is certainly big news and very helpful in clarifying things. Before I had wondered if leaving the their alert unfinished would cause the game to choose Skadge or Rusk for me, or if failing to complete something like the PVP mission would autocomplete and give you the companion anyway.

So this means those non romance types of alerts will remain in our Alliance Alert List and be doable even after starting 5.10?

That sounds good. Does this auto-complete the Fractured Alliances (Iokath daily intro mission) and other yellow missions? Like Oricon and stuff? Or is it just the main purple missions? And will it remove the Makeb mission that has been sitting in my mission log forever?

Thanks for the info, it is good to know exactly how this is all going to work.

I admit though, that I am a little disappointed. I had hoped that the coming autocomplete would mean I could finally get rid of that flashing triangle. There are comps that just don't fit with some of my characters, and I'd rather not have to recruit them, but that is my only option to get rid of the flashing triangle. Minor annoyance, to be sure, but still an annoyance. Is there anyway you could look into having a reject companion option, or a way to turn that triangle off?

Thanks for the info, it is good to know exactly how this is all going to work.

I admit though, that I am a little disappointed. I had hoped that the coming autocomplete would mean I could finally get rid of that flashing triangle. There are comps that just don't fit with some of my characters, and I'd rather not have to recruit them, but that is my only option to get rid of the flashing triangle. Minor annoyance, to be sure, but still an annoyance. Is there anyway you could look into having a reject companion option, or a way to turn that triangle off?

The flashing triangle is really annoying. But I believe one way to get rid of it would be to start the Alert so it appears in your Quest Log. It's not a perfect solution, and this would only work if you have room, of course. It does get rid of the blinking light on your UI, however.

Edited by OldVengeance

Hi folks!

Why pick on Arcann? It relates to his romance; since Alliance Alerts aren't generally required to be finished before moving forward in the main storyline, it would hypothetically be possible to have Arcann's Alliance Alert sitting on a character for years before completing it and, potentially, choosing to start a romance with him. To prevent this from causing issues with future romances, we need to know that you can no longer begin a romance with Arcann via that mission once a character has begun the storyline in 5.10. (Remember: if you complete his alert before starting the first storyline mission in 5.10, then nothing will change with him or his alert at all.)

For similar reasons, going forward, starting new romances with certain returning class companion characters may preclude resuming a romance with other returning class companion characters. For example, choosing to begin a romance with Nadia in update 5.10 would preclude you from resuming an existing romance with Felix Iresso if you hadn't already done so via his Alliance Alert. You will always get a warning confirmation on choices like this.

Outside of Alliance Alerts, beginning the first storyline mission in 5.10 will still auto-complete all other storylines, much like starting KOTFE. As with KOTFE, our general guideline for what choices are set by default is that Republic characters are assumed to make light side choices, and Imperial characters are assumed to make dark side choices. As examples, I've highlighted some of the major choices and how they default below, including a few where we have exceptions to the general guideline. Spoilers, of course!

• The HK-55 bonus chapter is not auto-completed at all.
  • KOTET Chapter 1: Republic characters are assumed to help Senya; Imperial characters are assumed to kill her. Thus, in Chapter 6, it's assumed that Republic characters recruit light-side Arcann, while Imperial characters are assumed to kill dark-side Arcann.
  • KOTET Chapter 3: Republic characters are assumed to forgive Koth; Imperial characters are assumed to kill him.
  • KOTET Chapter 5: Republic characters and Imperial Agents are assumed to spare SCORPIO; the remaining Imperial classes are assumed to kill her.
  • KOTET Chapter 8: Republic characters and Sith Warriors are assumed to save Vette; the remaining Imperial classes are assumed to save Torian instead.
  • War for Iokath: Republic characters are assumed to ally with the Republic and help Jace Malcom; Imperial characters are assumed to ally with the Sith Empire and help Empress Acina.
  • Traitor Among the Chiss: Republic characters are assumed to take Zenta as a prisoner; Imperial characters are assumed to kill her.
  • Nathema Conspiracy: all characters are assumed to forgive Theron and keep him in the Alliance.

So you can see there are some complexities and exceptions to the general guideline, but it's pretty consistent overall. None of this applies to a character who has already completed these storylines, of course, so if you want to see different variables set for your character, I would encourage you to play through the storylines before starting Jedi Under Siege :)

If you have any questions about the auto-complete process when starting Jedi Under Siege, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks everyone!

The forced Arcann romance is unacceptable, the characters who romanced no one should be allowed to stay that way. How about my LS BH, does 5.10 automatically "divorce" her and Torian? Sorry, but this post is confusing.

The forced Arcann romance is unacceptable, the characters who romanced no one should be allowed to stay that way. How about my LS BH, does 5.10 automatically "divorce" her and Torian? Sorry, but this post is confusing.

That's not what I took it to mean. They're not forcing you to have a romance with Arcann. The alliance alert will autocomplete with no romance being chosen, therefor your character will not be in a romance with Arcann.

Edited by Elessara

That's not what I took it to mean. They're not forcing you to have a romance with Arcann. The alliance alert will autocomplete with no romance being chosen, therefor your character will not be in a romance with Arcann.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what Charles meant. I would be shocked if they ever autocompleted a romance.

• Dev Post

Correct - the auto-complete will not put you in a romance you don't choose yourself. It treats the Arcann Alliance Alert as being complete, but doesn't assume you started a romance.

Thanks, nice to have some clarifications :)

Hi folks!

Republic characters and Sith Warriors are assumed to save Vette; the remaining Imperial classes are assumed to save Torian instead.

Nathema Conspiracy: all characters are assumed to forgive Theron and keep him in the Alliance.

Woops, she's unfortunately dead on all my main characters :p

I don't really get why she's a pub choice and he's an imp one though, considering they were both imp sided comps.

Oh, does that mean that he's considered still alive for everyone by default and will still have nice things to say to us ?

That'd be great.

Correct - the auto-complete will not put you in a romance you don't choose yourself. It treats the Arcann Alliance Alert as being complete, but doesn't assume you started a romance.

Thank God! Still, if my Pubs chose to save Torian, what then?

Edited by bluehufsa

Thank God! Still, if my Pubs chose to save Torian, what then?

Nothing. As they said in the OP:

"None of this applies to a character who has already completed these storylines, of course"

So, those who have already gone through the stories will not be affected. This is only for characters who are skipping the stories.

Edited by Elessara

Nothing. As they said in the OP:

"None of this applies to a character who has already completed these storylines, of course"

So, those who have already gone through the stories will not be affected. This is only for characters who are skipping the stories.

This. If you have done the chapters, flashpoints, alerts then nothing changes for you. This is only for those that haven't and don't want to.

Thanks, nice to have some clarifications :)

Woops, she's unfortunately dead on all my main characters :p

I don't really get why she's a pub choice and he's an imp one though, considering they were both imp sided comps.

Oh, does that mean that he's considered still alive for everyone by default and will still have nice things to say to us ?

That'd be great.

Probably because of the two companions Vette is more LS than Torian. Not that Torian is evil of course, but if you consider the chapter where you get Torian, he will in certain situations make a choice that would be considered dark.

Awesome details.

How are the missions such as Lokin, M1-4X, Pierce, and Bowdaar being handled since they require missions to be completed before recruiting and can't simply be recruited outright like Qyzen can with a Consular?

I want to know this too. :( I really miss my friend M1 and as a non PVP person I felt penalized. I felt at the very least my trooper should be able to get him! Would they autocomplete and give you those guys? Or would autocomplete mean auto reject?

Edited by RebelJedaii

What's interesting is my dark side scoundrel, who skipped the chapters and went straight to Iokath is assumed to have killed Senya (cut scene in the listen post pre-Nathama), but spared Arcann (letter about forgiving Theron). Still trying to figure out how he pulled that off.

Sorry but i don't like this retcon, not even a bit. My baby JK is bound to save the twilek girl and let the soldier be murdered ? This lacks honor, because Torian did not had an easy life either. Sorry, but no.

What retcon? If you've already gone through the story with your JK and saved Torian then nothing changes at all. Your JK will still have saved Torian.

If you haven't gone through the story with your JK yet and you want that character to save Torian instead of Vette then you will need to run through the story with your JK and save Torian *before* starting the Ossus story.

These autocomplete choices are ONLY for characters who skip the KotFE/KotET.

Thanks a million Charles for this very clear explanatory post! :)

I was impressed by the attention to detail in the various possible romance chains so far (e.g. class romance - > Lana/Theron/Koth -> Arcann -> class romance), and wondered with a detached curiosity how far you'd take this (considering the many variables introduced by the player being able to time the various break-ups however they like via Alliance Alerts), so it's interesting to see that this is where you'll stop.

(Regarding the example you chose, I hope not too many Felixes get their hearts broken. Totally incidentally, it only occurred to me a few days ago to wonder what theoretically happens to him in non-consular playthroughs.)

My personal interpretation is that, while Vette worked with/for the Sith Warrior (with varying degrees of closeness/friendship depending on how any given Warrior treats her), she's not exactly an Imperial diehard. At a personal level, I think she's faction-neutral: she has strong links to people in the Empire who matter to her, but her strong sense of independence (and her desire for freedom for twi'leks) seems more at home in the Republic. By contrast, Torian's recruitment arc in the BH story is all about expunging his shame at his father siding with the Republic instead of the Empire. Torian feels a strong sense of Mandalorian tradition, which tends to involve them siding with the Empire and hunting Jedi. His current leader Shae helped Malgus destroy the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. It makes sense that non-SW Imperial characters would typically prefer Torian if they had no other reason to choose Vette.

Edited by Estelindis

I want to know this too. :( I really miss my friend M1 and as a non PVP person I felt penalized. I felt at the very least my trooper should be able to get him! Would they autocomplete and give you those guys? Or would autocomplete mean auto reject?

If your trooper had M1-4X's influence to rank 10 before starting KotFE then you *can* get him back without having to PVP. Same goes with a sith warrior and Pierce. There should be a convo option to recruit those companions that bypasses the PVP requirement. All of my troopers and warriors have M1-4X and Pierce back respectively and I've never completed that recruitment mission by doing PVP - so yeah, none of my other classes have those companions.

Unless something is bugged, you should be able to get M1 on your trooper without doing any PVP. It's been a while since I ran the alert, but I'm pretty sure my trooper just asked him to join her and he did. Though he may need to be at Influence level 10 for this to work.

Edit: Already answered by Elessara!

Edited by Hudlar