Customizing....Why not ?

Andreneth

I get that when you start off you gear looks crappy and it gets better looking as you level, but I think there should be a unlock at a certain level, that you get to choose what your armor/weapons APPERANCE looks like without having to actually use the items.

It doesn't say anything about gear. I think it would be a good change, it sucks when you get new gear with better stats and you have to give up the gear your wearing even though you like the way it looks. Dunno maybe not that important to some people, but I bet there is alot of people that feel this way.

It doesn't say anything about gear. I think it would be a good change, it sucks when you get new gear with better stats and you have to give up the gear your wearing even though you like the way it looks. Dunno maybe not that important to some people, but I bet there is alot of people that feel this way.

I'll admit I somewhat agree with you. Being a level fifty vanguard myself I must say that a lot of the armor seems a bit too decorative (Ex: Spikes, satellite dishes, backpacks, etc.). But I just don't get attached to my armor. I don't care what it really looks like as long as it's not pink. If you really feel attached to your armor just get a custom set and rip the mods out of the new armor then install them in the old. Then Voila! You have yourself a nice looking piece of armor with nice stats to boot. (Take in mind it grows costly to rip out mods from high level gear)