What is the point of my $15 a month?

kanaughty

That's a want, not a need, unless your post is sarcasm.

Since all I really enjoy in the game is PVP, I don't agree with this statement. If the PVP isn't there, for me, there's no reason to be here. I'm entitled to play this game the way I wish, and your opinion doesn't matter in that regard.

Govern yourself accordingly.

You are entitled to play the game as delivered to you. You are also entitled to vote with you $ and stop subbing if you are dissatisfied.

You're 21 days late on this suggestion.

PvPer gonna QQ.

Not after 9 more days I won't be.

If people unsub from an MMO because other players say "Deal with it or move along," then they are truly weak-willed, spineless worms. Ergo, such suggestions have nothing to do with the game going F2P or its current state of "failure" (as some would have it).

This response wasn't to me, but I'll respond anyway.

I cancelled my subscription because the game is no longer meeting my standards for deserving continued contributions of a monetary value. I used to be where you are, telling others that if they don't like the game, stop subbing and go find a new one.

When I realized I was no longer enjoying the game, I took my own advice.

Enjoy yourself.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the right to complain. What does it gain you though.. to complain?

It's not like Bioware is going to stop everything they are doing and put their best 25 people on your complaint just so you stop complaining.

While some people complain just to vent.. others actually think complaining means the developers will drop everything and do what you complain about.

Some complain because they want validation to their complaints and want to gather a posse around a complaint.

Some people are just complainers.. about just about everything.

For some.. complaining makes it worse for themselves.. since they feed off their own complaints...the more they complain.. the madder they get and the more they hate the game.

TL;DR: complaining does not make the game better.

I'll bite. There are 9 days left on my subscription, and at this point, since I don't even get any enjoyment out of playing, even with my remaining days left, I'm using my remaining credit with the game to post when I can on the forums.

I won't be leaving any "Goodbye, Here's My Reason for Quitting" post on my own thread, as others do, so I'm simply voicing my concerns in the various posts as I see them. I already sent my intended message to BioWare themselves through proper channels in the reason why I was quitting. Luckily, I copied and pasted the message and pasted it to a text file before trying to submit, because upon submitting the cancellation, the page had timed out and it basically wiped my entire message. So I went back and filled out the cancellation form again, then pasted in the message so that this time, they received it. They may do with it what they will.

Again, you may check my posting history and go back as far as you like, and you'll see that my attitude toward the game shifted somewhere in the past several months, and most especially when the warzone quitter problem became insanely bad and after the 2.0 update.

After having been a promoter and financial backer (with some $350 or so in Cartel Coin purchases as well as all of the continued subscriptions since the first charge in January 2012) and advocate for BioWare and the game's developers, I'm entitled to voice my discontent with the game in whatever manner I see fit, in my humble opinion.

If you don't like seeing my posts, you're free to ignore me, if that function even exists on this forum codebase.

I'm not looking for anyone's validation. And BioWare and its agents are free to either respond (or take to heart) my comments or not. Their resulting actions will result in my either resubscribing or not.

Either way, I'll be able to review my new starships in Star Citizen come August, and I'll be able to start dogfighting in-game in December of this year. My Origin Jumpworks 300i attack fighter and my MISC Freelancer merchant ship will be waiting.

If BioWare can get their act together and introduce a PVP system that doesn't have a gear stat and isn't broken, I'll be back. If they introduce a space component that allows us to dogfight each other without a gear stat and in a manner that isn't similarly broken, I'll be back.

Otherwise, I wish you all the best, and you can look me up as "Kubernetic" on the SC forums or in-game. Or you can find me as "Kubernetic" in STO when the new Romulan expansion launches.

My challenge to BioWare.

Fix your game and make me throw my money at you again.

I dare you.

Peace.

Edited by Kubernetic

Since all I really enjoy in the game is PVP, I don't agree with this statement. If the PVP isn't there, for me, there's no reason to be here. I'm entitled to play this game the way I wish, and your opinion doesn't matter in that regard.

You are entitled to play the game as it's made available to you. It it's not how you wish to play, I can't imagine why you would play. But there's still no need there.

I cancelled my subscription because the game is no longer meeting my standards for deserving continued contributions of a monetary value. I used to be where you are, telling others that if they don't like the game, stop subbing and go find a new one. When I realized I was no longer enjoying the game, I took my own advice.

Then you are doing the right thing for you. So there's no problem. Not sure why you're still posting (other than just because you can).

Enjoy yourself.

As long as I like playing the game, I will play the game. When I no longer enjoy it, I'll stop playing it. That's true of everyone. Simple.

I won't be leaving any "Goodbye, Here's My Reason for Quitting" post on my own thread, as others do [...] Otherwise, I wish you all the best, and you can look me up as "Kubernetic" on the SC forums or in-game. Or you can find me as "Kubernetic" in STO when the new Romulan expansion launches.

No, you'll just do it in this thread. And if we did go the STO forums, in a short while we'd be seeing "From Kubernetic: I need PvP to be fixed" posts there, too.

Edited by branmakmuffin

And if anyone needs proof that BioWare and its management-level agents listen to posts on the forum and do take them to heart (on occasion, at least), may I point you to the issue from last year where they were going to reward people for having reached level 50, until thousands of posts changed that into a Legacy-connected reward where people who had multiple characters of sufficient level were able to qualify for the same reward.

It's happened before. I hope it happens again. We'll see.

I have to agree a little bit. They try to make it like the 500 CC a month makes up for it, but it really doesn't. They should get rid of the free CC for subscribers and just give us full access to everything. And they should let us buy items from the Cartel market with in game credits.

It seemed at first that they were following the same free to play model as LOTRO when they started this but they have really screwed it up at this point. Looking at the message boards you can see that a large part of the player base does not like the way they are doing it.

I keep hearing about new features being added like a new race and a barbershop, but they are not included in my subscription? My $15 a month is paying for you to develop these new fun features, so they should be included. It really makes me feel ripped off because $15 a month is a lot more than $0 a month. The cartel market should purely be for things that you haven't been developing to add to the game. The cartel market should be for only free to play people to have to use. My $15 a month should include any new races because we are paying you to develop them. So I don't get why you are nickle and diming us when we are paying you $15 a month. I could understand if our subscription was $5 a month, but it is $15 and my $15 a month includes any new races and any simple barbershop features in World of Warcraft. Please consider that we as subscribers are paying you to develop all these new fun things. And if we have to pay extra for fun then why are we paying the big amount of $15 a month?
holy entitlement complex.

the subscription gives you A LOT. DOn't believe me? Cancel it and try to play the game. The free version is very restricted.

you feel youre entitled to more than what is promised. That's okay. If you don't feel its worth 15$ you can cancel it and use the f2p version or quit. you can't dictate what you should receive based on want you want.

You are entitled to play the game as it's made available to you. It it's not how you wish to play, I can't imagine why you would play. But there's still no need there.

What may be a need for you is not necessarily a need for me, and vice versa. You must accept this.

In my own economic behavior, there must be a need to receive some kind of benefit for throwing $15 dollars at a game company, even if it's just $15. You cannot disagree with this because you aren't me, just FYI. I make my own rules on what I need or don't need from my expenditures. Trying to tell me otherwise is pointless.

Then you are doing the right thing for you. So there's no problem. Not sure why you're still posting (other than just because you can).

I'm posting here for the same reasons that George Mallory climbed Mt. Everest. This is just far easier to do than climbing a mountain, and I have the added benefit of not having to pass by the corpses and skeletons of those who came before me. So there's that.

As long as I like playing the game, I will play the game. When I no longer enjoy it, I'll stop playing it. That's true of everyone. Simple.

I've already addressed this in previous posts.

No, you'll just do it in this thread. And if we did go the STO forums, in a short while we'd be seeing "From Kubernetic: I need PvP to be fixed" posts there, too.

You seem to be confused. Perhaps you can take time out from your insisting that I adopt or praise you for your opinions and check out the thread title. I'm posting where appropriate, rather than starting a new thread.

As to your final comment, I've already abandoned PVP there because it's most certainly Pay-to-Win. Since I have an LTS, I can play or leave as I wish, and what I'll be returning to do is play the new PVE content. When that's done, I'll probably be letting that go dormant again as well. That was not, however, the only game that I mentioned.

As to the other game I mentioned, I know there won't be a gear stat. It's a simulator. No amount of AI augmentation to a ship's systems is going to outmaneuver a skilled pilot and dogfighting skills. You can buy the biggest ship you can get, but if you can't fly it and you can't fight with it, I'll be looting your cargo for profit. Over and out.

Edited by Kubernetic
Sorry, it wasn't Hillary, it was Mallory. I always get those mixed up. :)

You have the right to complain. What does it gain you though.. to complain?

It's not like Bioware is going to stop everything they are doing and put their best 25 people on your complaint just so you stop complaining.

While some people complain just to vent.. others actually think complaining means the developers will drop everything and do what you complain about.

Some complain because they want validation to their complaints and want to gather a posse around a complaint.

Some people are just complainers.. about just about everything.

For some.. complaining makes it worse for themselves.. since they feed off their own complaints...the more they complain.. the madder they get and the more they hate the game.

TL;DR: complaining does not make the game better.

who the hell are you to judge paying subs on their complaints who died and made you the official spokesperson for bw/ea i understand being a fanboy some feel it is their responsibility to defend but why don't you back off people and let them vent without your sarcastic comments.

I can see why some people have made stupid threads in these forums saying you work for the company you are so deep in the hoopla you think they walk on water and can do no wrong.

tired of reading your rants glad they have ignore feature for forums.

who the hell are you to judge paying subs on their complaints who died and made you the official spokesperson for bw/ea i understand being a fanboy some feel it is their responsibility to defend but why don't you back off people and let them vent without your sarcastic comments.

I can see why some people have made stupid threads in these forums saying you work for the company you are so deep in the hoopla you think they walk on water and can do no wrong.

tired of reading your rants glad they have ignore feature for forums.

not a fanboy, clearly an emplyee. How else would he know what the devs are going to do/not do about the forum complains?

[/sarcasm]

Edited by zzoorrzz

What may be a need for you is not necessarily a need for me, and vice versa. You must accept this.

You must accept that no one needs anything in or from a game. It's entertainment. If it no longer satisfies you, seek entertainment elsewhere (which you say you are going to do).

In my own economic behavior, there must be a need to receive some kind of benefit for throwing $15 dollars at a game company, even if it's just $15. You cannot disagree with this because you aren't me, just FYI. I make my own rules on what I need or don't need from my expenditures. Trying to tell me otherwise is pointless.

Need: you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I'm posting here for the same reasons that George Mallory climbed Mt. Everest.

Fame and glory? You're gonna come up a wee bit short.

As to your final comment, I've already abandoned PVP there because it's most certainly Pay-to-Win. Since I have an LTS, I can play or leave as I wish, and what I'll be returning to do is play the new PVE content. When that's done, I'll probably be letting that go dormant again as well. That was not, however, the only game that I mentioned.

It is irrelevant what games you're going to play or what activities you're going to engage in in those games. You will soon find yourself dissatisfied and making virtually identical posts in those others games' forums.

This is the same old story. If some customers, and not a few we see right now, are coming here cos they think the service is not ok for them, means that something is not working ok.

But on the other side, fanboys just are trying to fill up the holes that angry customers are digging here and so they think the game is ok and the others are wrong and not the company but in the end, if customers leave...the game dies...fanboys cant hold a game by themselves. That´s a fact.

About this thread, i would ilke to throw you a question:

Being a subscriber, what do we get?.

500-600 CCs that is equal to nothing and be able to play a content that was release like a year ago BUT Section X and Ancient Hypergates. Cos even Ilum is closed yet.

Tell me the free content EAware released since F2P was launched?. Is quite easy.

They even released a tiny expansion pack that everyone MUST PAY and they didnt even bothered about the Bolster system which is still broken. But we see loads of stuff for Cartel Market all the time and even tomorrow 2.2 is an exclusive CC patch or emergency patchs to fix CC stuff.

Open your eyes. Dont be stubborn.

Edited by Nyaara

Your implication is that people who disagree with your assertions are willfully blind, stubborn or both. You fail to accept that there exists the possibility that others see what you see yet do not regard it as a problem.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I'm posting here for the same reasons that George Mallory climbed Mt. Everest. This is just far easier to do than climbing a mountain, and I have the added benefit of not having to pass by the corpses and skeletons of those who came before me. So there's that.

I've already addressed this in previous posts.

You seem to be confused. Perhaps you can take time out from your insisting that I adopt or praise you for your opinions and check out the thread title. I'm posting where appropriate, rather than starting a new thread.

As to the other game I mentioned, I know there won't be a gear stat. It's a simulator. No amount of AI augmentation to a ship's systems is going to outmaneuver a skilled pilot and dogfighting skills. You can buy the biggest ship you can get, but if you can't fly it and you can't fight with it, I'll be looting your cargo for profit. Over and out.

No one needs anything except food, clothing and shelter.

When your expected value exceeds your sub fee, you are more than welcome to make an adult decision and stay or move on.

We all do it everyday. That's how it works.

Coming into the forums to make remarks or criticize a design choice is one thing. Demanding more for your sub is not productive nor will it change anything. Trying make a point that your sub SHOUD do this or that is irrelevant when bioware basically makes the rules. We have a general idea that we won't ever be charged extra for gameplay content. This does not extend to models, customizations, fluff items.

Those are the rules. Constructive comments usually don't get a lot of backlash. Whining about your sub fee and demanding it be used for xyz is unnecessary.

This is the same old story. If some customers, and not a few we see right now, are coming here cos they think the service is not ok for them, means that something is not working ok.

But on the other side, fanboys just are trying to fill up the holes that angry customers are digging here and so they think the game is ok and the others are wrong and not the company but in the end, if customers leave...the game dies...fanboys cant hold a game by themselves. That´s a fact.

About this thread, i would ilke to throw you a question:

Being a subscriber, what do we get?.

500-600 CCs that is equal to nothing and be able to play a content that was release like a year ago BUT Section X and Ancient Hypergates. Cos even Ilum is closed yet.

Tell me the free content EAware released since F2P was launched?. Is quite easy.

They even released a tiny expansion pack that everyone MUST PAY and they didnt even bothered about the Bolster system which is still broken. But we see loads of stuff for Cartel Market all the time and even tomorrow 2.2 is an exclusive CC patch or emergency patchs to fix CC stuff.

i dont understand how people think their sub pays for ccs and not this...

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

1) I am neither judge nor jury on the topic.

2) I can post my opinions on the matter just like everyone else.

3) you did not answer my question, you attacked me personally instead. Clearly you are uncomfortable when people disagree with you in public.

4) at least you owned up to the fact that your purpose was to vent... and therefore nothing constructive. And I believe I covered "venting" as one of the reasons people complain in my post which you are complaining about now.

No one needs anything except food, clothing and shelter.

When your expected value exceeds your sub fee, you are more than welcome to make an adult decision and stay or move on.

We all do it everyday. That's how it works.

Coming into the forums to make remarks or criticize a design choice is one thing. Demanding more for your sub is not productive nor will it change anything. Trying make a point that your sub SHOUD do this or that is irrelevant when bioware basically makes the rules. We have a general idea that we won't ever be charged extra for gameplay content. This does not extend to models, customizations, fluff items.

Those are the rules. Constructive comments usually don't get a lot of backlash. Whining about your sub fee and demanding it be used for xyz is unnecessary.

Your definition of "needs" is far more strict than mine. And I won't be adopting yours. My needs for food, shelter and clothing are already met—which is why I have the leisure time to play a game in the first place—so I have already progressed up the line in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs

You may consider my "needs" in regards to this game as encompassing the need for security of resources and property, need for self-esteem, and the need to accept facts. Namely, that I have a need to make sure that if I'm spending money on something, that I am experiencing a valid return on investment for that expenditure (otherwise it's better to reserve those resources or apply them elsewhere), that I have a need to know that I have the power to control my own destiny (however small it may seem in regard to this game of amusement), to change my situation when I feel it's appropriate, and finally that I must accept the fact that the time has come to execute this change.

As to the remedy of fixing the problem, I've already sent my full message to BioWare for their review, and took the adult path and cancelled my subscription 21 days ago, but thanks for the lecture. Preesh!

I have demanded nothing. I've made no threats of trying to recover spent funds. have simply stated my desired fixes for what I feel is missing from the game and stated the conditions as to what BioWare can do to recover my monthly subscription fee and monthly spend for Coins. You may have me confused with other posters.

I've already mentioned elsewhere in the thread that I've already spent some $350 on Cartel Coins since the launch of the CM, and I bought the Makeb expansion, so I'm not sure where you think you're accurate in terms of telling me that I believe I don't have to pay for anything extra. What I didn't buy the Makeb expansion for, however, was to watch them destroy the gear stat in the sets of PVP armor that I had collected over the past months from grinding out warzone commendations. Eric Musco has already admitted in previous posts that because of the way their PVP system is broken, they had to make an either-or decision as to keep the stupid gear stat for Open World PVP and have Warzone PVP suffer, or to strip the gear stat and let Open World PVP suffer in order to fix Warzone PVP.

The sad thing is they could have had a 10-29 bracket, a 30-49 bracket, and a 50-55 bracket for regular PVP, while restricting Ranked PVP to 55 only, and then wouldn't have had to strip the gear stat, and I wouldn't have been made instantly vulnerable in Black Hole and other dailies areas where I wanted that PVP armor for to begin with to keep from getting unceremoniously ganked by Imperials.

They could have also just stripped the gear stat entirely from all armors, and forced everyone to the same level of attributes in order to completely equalize PVP and relegate it to a game of skill and strategy rather than who has the most time to spend the most hours in-game to min/max their toon, with just a wee bit of skill and strategy added in.

They could have also implemented several Warzone quitter changes, such as selectively freezing an opposing player whenever the other team loses a player due to a quitter, or could have just added in a number to the nameplate that shows how many Warzones you've quitted over your entire legacy so that we, the players, could take care of quitters ourselves. I also made specific suggestions as to which Warzones were the worst for quitters, and why, due to the ability to do an instant opener that demoralizes the other team and leads to en masse quits. The response we got? Sorry guys, you don't know what you're talking about, only Civil War has a quitter problem.

I've made plenty of constructive comments, in this thread and others, and the backlash is there anyway. But thanks for the vote of encouragement? I guess?

Edited by Kubernetic

Here is where you fail, where you are not able to undestand that SwTor was designed to be a monthly sub game and they are trying to convince you that now is a F2P game but its not, is an hybrid model.

They are still surviving about content they SOLD a year ago before F2P. Just see a video about Cathar, Section X, Hypergates, Makeb etc and was designed to be as a free updates.

Customers wonder where the HELL is the new content and why the HELL they dont fix the content they SOLD out Cartel Market like the PvP that is absolutely broken right now (55 warzones).

And you keep this in mind, if customers leave, servers get empty and everyone gets hurst. So, if you like the gamem, just listen.

Edited by Nyaara

holy entitlement complex.

the subscription gives you A LOT. DOn't believe me? Cancel it and try to play the game. The free version is very restricted.

you feel youre entitled to more than what is promised. That's okay. If you don't feel its worth 15$ you can cancel it and use the f2p version or quit. you can't dictate what you should receive based on want you want.

This is exactly what good consumers should do, and good companies should listen to them.

Not dictate, so much, but absolutely good consumers should ask companies for what they want. All the time. Especially if they feel they're not getting the value they expect.

Why?

The alternative is that a customer becomes a former customer. This is disappointing for the customer because they're left unsatisfied. This is disappointing for the company because they lose revenue.

Of course, unreasonable requests and such could happen, and it's up to the company to figure out what they can do to make their customers happy while making a reasonable profit.

The best way to figure out what you can do to make your customers happy is to *gasp* listen to them! (And interpret what they're saying they want vs. what they really want because those are frequently actually different things...)

This is exactly what good consumers should do, and good companies should listen to them.

Not dictate, so much, but absolutely good consumers should ask companies for what they want. All the time. Especially if they feel they're not getting the value they expect.

Why?

The alternative is that a customer becomes a former customer. This is disappointing for the customer because they're left unsatisfied. This is disappointing for the company because they lose revenue.

Of course, unreasonable requests and such could happen, and it's up to the company to figure out what they can do to make their customers happy while making a reasonable profit.

The best way to figure out what you can do to make your customers happy is to *gasp* listen to them! (And interpret what they're saying they want vs. what they really want because those are frequently actually different things...)

You know... I'm going to expand on this and do something I don't often do and I don't mean quoting myself.

Early on, especially in game test, the development team was the absolute, dead nuts worst at listening to their players. There may have been a few confidantes that got attention, but for the most part just about everything the testers said fell on deaf ears and got no action. 90% of the testers could agree on some change that was necessary, and it still wouldn't get a word from the developers, let alone any action.

Things are night and day different here today.

We have a community team that communicates clearly and effectively. They share more information and more detail than at any point in the game's history. Far more. They still don't communicate as often as many of us might like, especially when all they really could say is, "no new news", but when they have something they tell us! And they tell us WHAT and WHEN. It's beautiful.

Beyond that, they legitimately take the community's concerns back to the development team, communicate them to the team accurately, and then come back to us with information. The information they come back with is not always exactly what we want. However, the fact that they come back with information means that the development team actually is hearing our concerns, considering them, and formulating a response.

THAT is a world ahead of where we were 12-18 months ago!

And here's the kicker...

Sometimes... sometimes... what we ask for actually happens. The developers actually DO it.

They're never going to turn on a dime. That's not the way development shops work. They can't. And they're never going to be able to give us all everything we want. There are limitations in the tech and, quite honestly, we frequently have desires that are diametrically opposed to each other's.

But they're listening. And talking. And making changes.

They're doing much better in this regard.

Maybe they'll take what we've said in this thread to heart and make some changes. Maybe they won't. But you can be certain they've heard what we've said - the developers, not just Eric & team - and considered it, and made the best decision they can given where they're at and where they're taking the game.

Edited by DarthTHC

If you don't think your sub is worth $15 per month....then do a little experiment. Drop your sub for a couple of weeks and see how it impacts your gameplay. If you don't notice a difference, then stay unsubbed as a preferred player and save yourself $15 per month.

Except posting forum rants is not the same thing as telling the company what they want. If someone wants to let BW know what they think about the game, then send an email or letter to them. If someone wants attention, wants to vent or feels a need for validation of their thoughts or feelings, then they go into the general discussion forums and post a rant. Posting in the general discussion section of the forums is complaining to the rest of the community...not the company.

The best way to figure out what you can do to make your customers happy is to *gasp* listen to them!

You mean like adding more servers? Adding Oceanic servers? Consolidating servers? Making sprint and speeder levels accessible earlier? Reducing the cost of speeder training? Giving preferred players more quickbars? Adding the unify to chest option? Adding armor dyes? Granted some of those didn't work out too well....they probably shouldn't have listened to all the noise in the forums at launch about adding more servers or making Oceanic server. Others may not have worked out exactly the way people wanted....but the cries of "BW never listens to us" are nonsense. Just this week, people raised hell when BW said they weren't going to fix the hood bug with Revan's robes unless it became apparent that most people wanted that fix. Based on feedback, they re-considered their position and agreed to make the fix.

If you don't think your sub is worth $15 per month....then do a little experiment. Drop your sub for a couple of weeks and see how it impacts your gameplay. If you don't notice a difference, then stay unsubbed as a preferred player and save yourself $15 per month.

Except posting forum rants is not the same thing as telling the company what they want. If someone wants to let BW know what they think about the game, then send an email or letter to them. If someone wants attention, wants to vent or feels a need for validation of their thoughts or feelings, then they go into the general discussion forums and post a rant. Posting in the general discussion section of the forums is complaining to the rest of the community...not the company.

You mean like adding more servers? Adding Oceanic servers? Consolidating servers? Making sprint and speeder levels accessible earlier? Reducing the cost of speeder training? Giving preferred players more quickbars? Adding the unify to chest option? Adding armor dyes? Granted some of those didn't work out too well....they probably shouldn't have listened to all the noise in the forums at launch about adding more servers or making Oceanic server. Others may not have worked out exactly the way people wanted....but the cries of "BW never listens to us" are nonsense. Just this week, people raised hell when BW said they weren't going to fix the hood bug with Revan's robes unless it became apparent that most people wanted that fix. Based on feedback, they re-considered their position and agreed to make the fix.

They read the forums. They have a team in place to do that, to distill the wide range of player feedback, and to communicate it to the development team. Eric and company aren't here just to make us behave and ban us when we don't. I would suggest their MAIN job is two-way communication.

The forums are an absolutely legitimate, and maybe the BEST, way to give feedback to the development team.

Be careful with the whole "adding servers" thing. Those cost a lot. There's no way they did that solely because players wanted them. They had a plan in place that had population trigger points to add servers. They executed their plan.

The rest of the stuff, yep, they listened to our feedback and sometimes gave us what we asked for. Another that I don't think you mentioned was giving us back the "Classic" looks for some of the earlier Cartel Market gear.

That's essentially a list of "things you can do in this game", not a list that backs-up any benefits.....

They say they take into account our "free" stipend when they calculate costs. Of course they do, if they price the stuff below our stipend, we won't have to buy any more coins; that they think they're pulling wool over our eyes is absurd, the evidence speaks volumes:

first outfits on the CM: 1200CC

next outfit, an jedi robe with hood down (something asked for since launch): 1440CC

And that was the first month the CM was open....

Yeah, they take our stipend into account; they make sure **** is more expensive than it so we have to buy more.

....and they want us thanking them for the free coins.....gee, with that attitude how could they have possibly have lost so many subs......

They read the forums. They have a team in place to do that, to distill the wide range of player feedback, and to communicate it to the development team. Eric and company aren't here just to make us behave and ban us when we don't. I would suggest their MAIN job is two-way communication.

The forums are an absolutely legitimate, and maybe the BEST, way to give feedback to the development team.

Be careful with the whole "adding servers" thing. Those cost a lot. There's no way they did that solely because players wanted them. They had a plan in place that had population trigger points to add servers. They executed their plan.

The rest of the stuff, yep, they listened to our feedback and sometimes gave us what we asked for. Another that I don't think you mentioned was giving us back the "Classic" looks for some of the earlier Cartel Market gear.

Have to agree with pretty much everything in your last couple of posts.