Cap turrets on Alderaan while far away from the console?

Rassuro

So... I just saw a very "suspicious" thing in game for the first time in probably half a year or more... :(

We were on Alderaan, defending mid. Suddenly on an enemy I see the blue beam which you get when you try to capture a turret, however it was on a player who was standing at roughly the edge of the center building, where the open area starts towards the enemies spawn.

I think "***, must be some graphical glitch..." so I try to attack him just to check if interrupting would work. It worked, I interrupted him with my melee attack.

He did not fight back, he just took a few steps back and stood there. I just thought to myself "*** just happened". Just after that he did the same thing again. I was too far away to attack him because I had just died and was running back, and no one else on my team who was defending noticed him, so he ended up successfully capturing the turret, while roughly 25 meters away from the console.

Is there any other explanation for this than "the thing which must not be named"? I really don't want it to be that, and I have never heard of anything like this before, but... :(

I doubt that it actually could have been a graphical glitch on my client side, because then I doubt that I would've been able interrupt his cap by attacking him, especially with a melee ability, and I assume that other people also didn't see him capping at the console since no one interrupted him even though several people were there fighting. (but it was a PUG so...)

He was a level 12 Sith Warrior, I don't remember his AC but I do remember his name and I put it in the CS ticket that I filed. (ticket number 7003305, in case anyone from support happes to read this and is curious)

Edited by Rassuro

I noticed a different sort of distance problem with a Trooper in Huttball. He was using Vanguard Harpoon and grabbing us from midfield all the way to our endzone's first firepit.

Never seen a pull technique cover that distance, thought it was a one-time glitch, but sure enough he did the same thing to me so I could experience it firsthand. I was literally parallel with Giradda's skybox, then BAM! stunlocked in our own endzone's flames. Practically twice the distance of any pull I've ever seen.

Needless to say we got destroyed seeing as how, friend or foe, they could instantly deliver the Huttball from midfield to our endzone.

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

I've seen turrets get capped while I've had a close eye on them... wasn't sure if stealth capped, which is just an assumption or maybe the whatever it is that happened to you. Happens so little that I don't worry about it much. I've definitely seen a few things that don't make sense though but I normally figure it's just a bug. If it was a hack I would assume it would be happening more often. If it is a hack and not just a rare bug... I'd like to see that fixed before it becomes more popular. Edited by UGLYMRJ

I was in a VS and experienced something like that. A sniper was able to cap a terminal from far away. When trying to attack or interupt i kept getting messages stating I was too far away.

That's what I expected would have happened to me also, I expected the game to tell me that I was too far away because I thought because then I thought that it's at least somewhat possible that the player was really by the console, and it just looked as if he was 25m away on my screen. The thing which made me feel like it might not have been a bug like this when I actually was able to attack him with a melee ability. (followed by the suspicious behavior of him not trying to attack me back or get away or anything, followed by having none of my teammates noticing him successfully capping it)

I've decided to install some screen capture software. Next time I see something I'll be able to record it.

Ive seen dead people cap in Civil war.

No kidding!

I have seen that too in Civil War, but not recently. I thought that cheat had been fixed a long time ago?

Pub dies and the corpse remains next to the control point.

Then the beam comes out of the corpse and changes the point while we were spamming useless AOE's.

On last week I saw cap turret on CW from one sin without any blue beam.

I cannot saw that before. Sadly, I dont write name that sin.

But far far early I saw cap bunker on NW from stealth from one shadow. I dunno, what it was?

There is no hack, there is the bug?

There is no cheat, there is the lag?

I dunno.

On last week I saw cap turret on CW from one sin without any blue beam.

I cannot saw that before. Sadly, I dont write name that sin.

Yeah that one's strange. I've seen it a few times on CWs grass node, once every few months or so. Red runs up to node, doesn't have a beam, and insta-caps. Haven't seen it with a teammate yet. Each was during a node fight where it didn't appear lag or desync was happening.

If it's an exploit I haven't read anything about it, and don't have the impression it's hax. I've filed them in the "weird-$#@ bugs that happen in this game" category.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Ive seen dead people cap in Civil war.

For the Suggestion Box, add Sorc/Sage AC ability: Exorcism.

Unless... zombies. Make sure you have a Scoundrel on your team with OH shotgun. Zombies hate shotguns. Imps, recruit them to backfill rage quitters.

Edited by Joesixxpack

So... I just saw a very "suspicious" thing in game for the first time in probably half a year or more... :(

We were on Alderaan, defending mid. Suddenly on an enemy I see the blue beam which you get when you try to capture a turret, however it was on a player who was standing at roughly the edge of the center building, where the open area starts towards the enemies spawn.

I think "***, must be some graphical glitch..." so I try to attack him just to check if interrupting would work. It worked, I interrupted him with my melee attack.

He did not fight back, he just took a few steps back and stood there. I just thought to myself "*** just happened". Just after that he did the same thing again. I was too far away to attack him because I had just died and was running back, and no one else on my team who was defending noticed him, so he ended up successfully capturing the turret, while roughly 25 meters away from the console.

Is there any other explanation for this than "the thing which must not be named"? I really don't want it to be that, and I have never heard of anything like this before, but... :(

I doubt that it actually could have been a graphical glitch on my client side, because then I doubt that I would've been able interrupt his cap by attacking him, especially with a melee ability, and I assume that other people also didn't see him capping at the console since no one interrupted him even though several people were there fighting. (but it was a PUG so...)

He was a level 12 Sith Warrior, I don't remember his AC but I do remember his name and I put it in the CS ticket that I filed. (ticket number 7003305, in case anyone from support happes to read this and is curious)

I actually believe you because I have seen the same on the side turret, so called, 'snow'. The guy was standing...well, lets say, REALLY far away from the turret. First I thought it might be just me but, lucky, my friend came and saw it. The same thing happened: he did not attack us, he kept on capping even if we were hitting and killing him. I might even have a screenshot of that!

I've seen this myself. My have caught a screen shot. I should look it up. IIRC, the "distance capper" was some how knocked back away from the turret but kept capping.

Dug up that screen shot. Like I said in my comment above, I believe the guy who was capping somehow got knocked back and was still capping so I am not saying he was cheating, but this is obviously a very bad bug.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll161/darkelfo/Screenshot_2012-07-17_19_56_57_351668.jpg