why do the top guilds farm normal warzones instead of doing ranked ??????????

sir-rob

yes same time i have given up and sit down in a wz but it only when i have been playing againt the same premade team all day and over being smashed and it usely only once i know it a white wash why waste my time feeding same ones ego

If the game can be won why even do this? I understand your frustration. Just 3 days ago, SnX + you ran a powertech heavy group that absolutely smashed us over and over again. Was it frustrating? You bet it was. But we kept going back for more and guess what? we lost so many times but that 1 civil war game was won by us simply because we did not give up and used carefully timed interrupts to stop cappers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes same time i have given up and sit down in a wz but it only when i have been playing againt the same premade team all day and over being smashed and it usely only once i know it a white wash why waste my time feeding same ones ego

If you don't want to get smashed, quit. Let someone else into the wz who will actually keep trying until the end.

Ok i think this has gone on long enough.

Rob: im glad you got your question answered. As for in warzones, personally the most annoying and frustrating part for me is that i know you can play to objectives and hold your own. Ive seen you do it. The fact that so frequently you give up, or say things like "im not even going to call if they come to my node" and then just sit there and watch them cap it, is probably why there is such a sour attitude towards you by most people.

If you would just pull your head in and keep trying and playing properly no matter the score, youd probably find people would invite you to things like ranked, instead of dismissing you. Because lets face it, all warzones can be won by either team until the scoreboard pops up, and as a geared assassin you can change games if played right.

Tl;dr: think of normal warzones of a test of character. And who knows, you could become a game changer and be wanted for ranked.

/thread

Ok i think this has gone on long enough.

Rob: im glad you got your question answered. As for in warzones, personally the most annoying and frustrating part for me is that i know you can play to objectives and hold your own. Ive seen you do it. The fact that so frequently you give up, or say things like "im not even going to call if they come to my node" and then just sit there and watch them cap it, is probably why there is such a sour attitude towards you by most people.

If you would just pull your head in and keep trying and playing properly no matter the score, youd probably find people would invite you to things like ranked, instead of dismissing you. Because lets face it, all warzones can be won by either team until the scoreboard pops up, and as a geared assassin you can change games if played right.

Tl;dr: think of normal warzones of a test of character. And who knows, you could become a game changer and be wanted for ranked.

/thread

ok i have stoped doing that **** now anyways so why are we goin on about it i give 100% and the only time i said iam not going to call for my nod was when same one in your quild said i was a crap pvper and to not leave me at the nod alone .also i stoped helping yous there for a bit because members in your kept saying i was a crap pvp player and buying the wrong gear whispering me saying i was **** and to stop queing iam sorry but that kinda pissed me off for a bit there . iam over it now and i play properly now i don't know if iam good or not iam new to mmos and i belive i do damn well in warzones and have fun is that not what a games about .

so can we all move on from this i don't do that **** any more and i now give 110 % if you ever see me siting down it is because i need to deal with real life **** and still want my coms so i don't want to leave wz.

Ok iam not here to start crap but i just want to understand it. i don't get why people who are more then able to play ranked would choose to group up and play normal war zone. when i would much rather play ranked if i could. don't say it because there are no pops because if every one that made premade in normal joined up ans played ranked there would be plenty of pops. i just don't get how smashing a team is fun for me a fun game is one that is a close win like a hutt ball game that is right down to the last sec as anyones game or a denova coast that is like 0 to 2 % not a three cap win all a 6 socre in like 5 min in huttball. also how is exchanceing 30 normal coms for 10 ranked coms is worth it. when if you just played ranked you get all ranked coms and if for same reason you did need normal coms you can exchance 10 ranked for 10 normal. so my question is WHY FARM NORMAL WAR ZONES WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM DOING SO??????????????????????????

P.s iam not talking about people trying to gear up iam talking about people who are in war hero gear or better and when there are 3 or more of the same guild in the warzone in other words a premade team .

pup toons farrob (sent) , farkir (sage), robpaul (gunslinger), lillymae (smuggler), phoebemaree (vangarad)

imp toons rprat (marauder), mr'rat (sniper) lm'rat(operative), dirtyrat(mercenary), mjrat(assassin)

mrmjrat(powertech)

maybe i have pissed of same people and said same thing i shouldn't have and iam sorry for that.

Hi Farrob remember me? It's Jiirn the guy who removed you from the guild. Guess what the the fact is it takes time to get War Hero gear and now even more so now that their is Elite War Hero. People HAVE to farm normal warzones and to be honest ranked is not actually that fun. I have almost full War Hero on my guardian and I prefer doing normal warzones because I feel they are more fun and you get the occasional randoms. But with ranked you get the same premade and it is simply not fun.

Ok Mjrat has not given up in a Warzone in a long time as I have seen personally solo q most of the time the last week playing against and with him he has won games when I have been on his team by capping doors and nodes solo and I have lost games against him for the exact same reason. I have seen in many Huttball games he often waits at the sandbags on either side for a pass to sprint over the last fire pit to score.

He may say some silly stuff like "if you're a pve geared healer il charge you 100mil for me to guard you" but hey who wants a pve geared **** on your team anyway I get laughs from it so I personally don't care.

All in all he has improved ALOT since he rolled imperial not everybody can be a Lycaon and destroy everybody. If you really want to bash a guy who still can't play after reaching 98(?) Valor bag Zargor ffs.

Edited by Didy_Kush

Ok Mjrat has not given up in a Warzone in a long time as I have seen personally solo q most of the time the last week playing against and with him he has won games when I have been on his team by capping doors and nodes solo and I have lost games against him for the exact same reason. I have seen in many Huttball games he often waits at the sandbags on either side for a pass to sprint over the last fire pit to score.

He may say some silly stuff like "if you're a pve geared healer il charge you 100mil for me to guard you" but hey who wants a pve geared **** on your team anyway I get laughs from it so I personally don't care.

All in all he has improved ALOT since he rolled imperial not everybody can be a Lycaon and destroy everybody. If you really want to bash a guy who still can't play after reaching 98(?) Valor bag Zargor ffs.

hey carthy thanks mate that means alot cameing from you i have alway had fun playing wz with you since the days of lillymae. it was only 10 mil not that creedy lol and yes its all ment in fun and just for a laugh:)

Poor Zargor:(:(.

To be honest Mjrat, you're excellent when it comes to locking down healers. I'm always on my toes when you're around because you never ever leave me to heal uninterrupted. So it will be a pity for your team and yourself if you'd just decide to give up mid match

Edited by Penang

First of all, punctuation please. Fullstops, commas, paragraph breaks.

It's not just a pointless formality; proper punctuation makes big blocks of text like you've posted far easier to follow and understand. The easier it is for people to understand you, the more likely they'll be persuaded by what you have to say.

Whether or not you do queue solo, in my experience you are quite often rolling with SnX or NS. The last time I saw you complaining in a WZ about we "premades not impressing" you, it was to my recollection only 3 MVP members on our side and the rest a mix, while you were on a team with 5-6 SnX.

So not only were we not a premade...... YOU were on a premade. That sort of behaviour confuses and annoys people, including those on your team, who said at the time something to the effect of, "Yeah but we don't want him..."

Personally, I never set out to queue in groups. I am invited to groups either when I first log in or after i'm spotted by friends on the field. My point here is that quite often these are very strong groups - we win a lot - but we usually don't share a guild tag amongst us. So what would you have us do? Stop playing with our friends? Would you like me to decline offers from now on, "Sorry, but we're too good together... it's just not fair on the Mjrats of the world".

Sometimes you'll be on premades, like I have seen you many, many times before. Sometimes you'll be on a team with crappy pugs. Either way, you as an individual player can have fun and learn things from every match. You can find someone squishy to focus, or just look for people who are isolated and kill them as fast as you can for the sheer pleasure of it.

It's supposed to be fun, win or lose.

Best not to take advice from people like Carthy, though. Despite all the people with whom i've exchanged trash talk in WZs, he is one of only two homines nihili who have been sad enough to insult my guild rather than me directly.

This may be only a game, but no one likes a coward :)

Edited by Namedsc

My apologies for hi-jacking your thread, Mjrat. Not intentional, I simply cannot resist telling fools off.

Though it seemed like the discussion was pretty much ended, anyway.

The only on-topic point I made would be my question; how you feel about groups of strong players who queue together, despite not being in the same guild. Our purpose is not to form premades and it's not so simple for us to organise rated matches. Sometimes there's a call out for it in general, and it just takes so very long to happen... then you get 2-5 games before people start leaving. That's not practical. We just want to PvP.

There's no way (or reason, i'd argue) to prevent good players grouping up.

I do sympathise still with those new to PvP who feel completely out-classed. I remember the frustration. The simplest solution would be an automated gear-check to place recruits with recruits. For players like you and I, though... I don't believe balance is a problem. The tides turn all the time; premades go both ways. /shrug

Edited by Namedsc

I think Celo is an excellent scrapper scoundrel. I know I am an average player at best but this is my honest, unbiased opinion. Really hate seeing him or Heala for that matter on the opposite team. Edited by Penang

It has come to my attention about the forums and posting on "my" part. I would like to openly say that I'm not writing the last few posts on this topic. In case some of you have not realized, I don't play on Dalborra anymore. I have quit, and the reasons are my own. As for the drama that happens here so frequently, I for one, didn't start this here. My account as bioware would say it is "compromised". I recently contacted customer service about this issue but no luck to have these fairy recent posts removed (because they aren't mine.) About Dalborra as much fun and hate happens on it, I'm not on it anymore! So I won't be posting on the forums for Dalborra, if I don't even play on it. Duh! But it's probably a factor that no one knew that I have gone. Anyhow, reminder that I'm not playing anymore. And I'm pretty over the petty drama that happens so often. I get more drama just playing this game than in real life. Sigh. All in all, I will not apolagize for the posts, they aren't mine and I won't take responsibility. As for some of the people that don't like me on Dalborra, that's fine! Doesn't bother me. People gotta hate something, ya? As for the people that I enjoyed and had some great fun with, I wish you the best of luck in your game play and hope that you have great holiday time too! (Christmas! Omg how fun, ya?) I usually write my posts in that amazing pink :p, but I'm typing this in a blue. Because this will be my last post. Any more from me, is in fact not me. I have changed my password multiple times and had to wait a long time calling customer service but no luck. So! Hmm, as my final words of good bye, I'd like to formally say, nice to play with you all or have some harsh moments with some people. Love me, hate me, as someone once said, you're still thinking about me! ;) . Good luck Notorious on future raids etc, you guys were so fun! Even if you teased me so much and said some embarrassing things in vent (Cheat! Looking at you!) Good luck rest of imperial side guilds and people not in guilds. Good luck to republic side as well! (Shiroyasha fun playing hide and seek with you! :D) And thanks Tiemie for pocket healing me and showing me up in one of your videos, had a laugh and embarrasment. Spk thanks for doing dailies with me! And saving Carthy and I that one time on illum! Hahaha. Who else.. ah yeah thank you Arya, etc, etc, etc. I could go on forever, but those reading this will probably grow old and die by the time I'm done. So thanks all for the fun. Nice to meet and play with you or against. Always a new adventure on Dalborra. Daffy out :cool:

It has come to my attention about the forums and posting on "my" part. I would like to openly say that I'm not writing the last few posts on this topic. In case some of you have not realized, I don't play on Dalborra anymore. I have quit, and the reasons are my own. As for the drama that happens here so frequently, I for one, didn't start this here. My account as bioware would say it is "compromised". I recently contacted customer service about this issue but no luck to have these fairy recent posts removed (because they aren't mine.) About Dalborra as much fun and hate happens on it, I'm not on it anymore! So I won't be posting on the forums for Dalborra, if I don't even play on it. Duh! But it's probably a factor that no one knew that I have gone. Anyhow, reminder that I'm not playing anymore. And I'm pretty over the petty drama that happens so often. I get more drama just playing this game than in real life. Sigh. All in all, I will not apolagize for the posts, they aren't mine and I won't take responsibility. As for some of the people that don't like me on Dalborra, that's fine! Doesn't bother me. People gotta hate something, ya? As for the people that I enjoyed and had some great fun with, I wish you the best of luck in your game play and hope that you have great holiday time too! (Christmas! Omg how fun, ya?) I usually write my posts in that amazing pink :p, but I'm typing this in a blue. Because this will be my last post. Any more from me, is in fact not me. I have changed my password multiple times and had to wait a long time calling customer service but no luck. So! Hmm, as my final words of good bye, I'd like to formally say, nice to play with you all or have some harsh moments with some people. Love me, hate me, as someone once said, you're still thinking about me! ;) . Good luck Notorious on future raids etc, you guys were so fun! Even if you teased me so much and said some embarrassing things in vent (Cheat! Looking at you!) Good luck rest of imperial side guilds and people not in guilds. Good luck to republic side as well! (Shiroyasha fun playing hide and seek with you! :D) And thanks Tiemie for pocket healing me and showing me up in one of your videos, had a laugh and embarrasment. Spk thanks for doing dailies with me! And saving Carthy and I that one time on illum! Hahaha. Who else.. ah yeah thank you Arya, etc, etc, etc. I could go on forever, but those reading this will probably grow old and die by the time I'm done. So thanks all for the fun. Nice to meet and play with you or against. Always a new adventure on Dalborra. Daffy out :cool:

I knew something was different about those posts. Usually there's less rage and more punctuation. However, I DO know someone who isn't really fond of punctuation and tends to... rage at people quite a bit.

And then, it's just a matter of comparison between your recent posts, and posts of another player who would

1) Know you.

2) Trust you.

3) Have a specific interest in putting MVP down. (Sure, there might be quite a few of these guys, but adding the extras in, and the circumstantial factors, it's not hard to figure it out.)

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by -Holmes

Daffy, we never spent a lot of time on the same team (at least not while I was in Face and then SnX), but I sincerely wish you well on your new server and in your life away from the game.

It is sad to see you go; I was only commenting on not seeing you about in quite some time just the other day. I hope you find happiness on your new server.

Take care! (And Merry Christmas)

P.S. Whomever it was that 'hacked' your account to, in effect, slander you by pretending their words were yours is cowardly and I hope they get what they deserve.

(Shiroyasha fun playing hide and seek with you! :D)

Was fun PVPing against you and playing hide and seek with ya Daffy ^.^

I hope you have fun in your new server, I know I'll miss ya :(

Keep in touch eh?

EDIT: Oh yeah, whoever it is that is hacking Daffy's account? **** you, you little *****. And I don't normally swear in forums.

Edited by Rorkiy

Good luck Notorious on future raids etc, you guys were so fun! Even if you teased me so much and said some embarrassing things in vent (Cheat! Looking at you!) Good luck rest of imperial side guilds and people not in guilds.

<3 good times Daff!!!!! going to miss u girl :cool:

Edited by Darkchaz

why do the top guilds farm normal warzones instead of doing ranked ?

Why? becuase when the gear is equal and skill comes to play in RWZ they get faceroll, so they go in normal WZ to beat up the pugs groups that are undergear to feel like a "man" again, and we know that gear in this game in PVP is all you need, gear and FOTM classes

In my server are atleast 2 guilds that call then selfs top PVP guilds but they cant cut it in RWZ, so they farm normal WZ, because faceroll pugs over and over make then top PVP guilds, doing 1000 WZ dont make a guild top PVP

i pug about 10 normal WZ per day, and i dont call myself top PVP player, i am a PVE player

but all aside, this game needs cross server queues for RWZ, after we get that, normal WZ is for pugs only(max to 2 man group), you want to go in a premade(4 or 8 man)? go RWZ

why do the top guilds farm normal warzones instead of doing ranked ?

Why? becuase when the gear is equal and skill comes to play in RWZ they get faceroll, so they go in normal WZ to beat up the pugs groups that are undergear to feel like a "man" again, and we know that gear in this game in PVP is all you need, gear and FOTM classes

In my server are atleast 2 guilds that call then selfs top PVP guilds but they cant cut it in RWZ, so they farm normal WZ, because faceroll pugs over and over make then top PVP guilds, doing 1000 WZ dont make a guild top PVP

i pug about 10 normal WZ per day, and i dont call myself top PVP player, i am a PVE player

but all aside, this game needs cross server queues for RWZ, after we get that, normal WZ is for pugs only(max to 2 man group), you want to go in a premade(4 or 8 man)? go RWZ

1. Your not from this server yet felt the need to comment on our pvp? Interesting lol.

2. If all the top guilds are getting "facerolled" in ranked causing them to queue normal, who's doing the "facerolling"?

3. Your server has 2 top pvp guilds and they both cant cut it in rated? Who are they losing to? Themselves?

Your post makes no sense. Could i politely suggest a couple of things?:

1. Post this on your own server forum

2. Think before you type

3. By the sounds of it, you should prob stick to pve

Thanks for stopping by!

1. Your not from this server yet felt the need to comment on our pvp? Interesting lol.

2. If all the top guilds are getting "facerolled" in ranked causing them to queue normal, who's doing the "facerolling"?

3. Your server has 2 top pvp guilds and they both cant cut it in rated? Who are they losing to? Themselves?

Your post makes no sense. Could i politely suggest a couple of things?:

1. Post this on your own server forum

2. Think before you type

3. By the sounds of it, you should prob stick to pve

Thanks for stopping by!

Ah, some good ol' Dalborran hospitality.

• 2 weeks later...
ok i have stoped doing that **** now anyways so why are we goin on about it i give 100% and the only time i said iam not going to call for my nod was when same one in your quild said i was a crap pvper and to not leave me at the nod alone .also i stoped helping yous there for a bit because members in your kept saying i was a crap pvp player and buying the wrong gear whispering me saying i was **** and to stop queing iam sorry but that kinda pissed me off for a bit there . iam over it now and i play properly now i don't know if iam good or not iam new to mmos and i belive i do damn well in warzones and have fun is that not what a games about .

so can we all move on from this i don't do that **** any more and i now give 110 % if you ever see me siting down it is because i need to deal with real life **** and still want my coms so i don't want to leave wz.

Hey MJRat, I come from a guild with limited pvpers, and queue solo almost all the time. I love it when I end up in a group with one of your lvl 50s, you play smart and hard and I know we have a good chance of winning. Great to see you are new at MMOs, gives me hope. Me too, though newer than you I expect. I am on my first lvl 50 character.

I love pvp, and know I am pretty crap, but aim to get better. Landing in a PUG with you, Carthy, Nysteria, Noodles, Spk, just to name a few is great fun. I also enjoy playing with Zagor! I try and watch and learn. Landing in groups against you isn't always quite so fun, but just as much of an opportunity to pick up some new ideas while usually getting crunched!

So I for one hope some of you gun players stay in general wzs. My continued progress (albeit slow, step by step) depends on it, as does that of others.

Our guild is trying to build pvp up and will hopefully try some ranked wzs some time soon.

Til then, see you in the PUGs.

Oh, and to everyone, this game is heaps of fun, the more people pvping the better, at all levels and abilities. So maybe try easing off on the agro a bit here on the forums? Glad to see it is not rearing it's head too often in the wzs, except, as appropriate, via the light sabers, flame throwers and lightening.

Cheers,

Shagwell, TOG Legion