Guild Bank Theft!!!!

Skuf

Hello

I want to put this out there to see if other guild are having this problem, Guild Bank theft!!! if you are we need to let Bio-ware know and give us tool to stop it !!! so please post here if this has happend to you. If it is a common then somthing needs to be done. :mad:

Hello

I want to put this out there to see if other guild are having this problem, Guild Bank theft!!! if you are we need to let Bio-ware know and give us tool to stop it !!! so please post here if this has happend to you. If it is a common then somthing needs to be done. :mad:

Pay more attention to your guild settings, specifically, the part where you can assign bank permissions to each rank.

Pay more attention to your guild settings, specifically, the part where you can assign bank permissions to each rank.

Sadly this and the fact that BW will not help you in restoring anything in your bank unless you had screenshots. :(

I almost wanted to laugh when I read the title for this thread. I still can't believe that some people will allow new members to guilds to have UNRESTRICTED access to the guild bank. That's like giving a guy you just met all your bank account info., credit card info., etc.... Your just asking for it.

You live, you learn.

Edited by Takin_A_Sith

Hello

There is a tool to stop it. Its called the permissions on each tab. Only give permissions to withdraw valuable stuff to people you trust. Anyone who claims they must have permissions to withdraw items themselves rather than waiting for the leader or a suitable officer to be online is someone you really shouldn't trust.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

• 2 years later...

I posted a thread about this very subject a while back and it's been closed due to inactivity or whatever. Results from my efforts to warn other guilds about the technique used in our virtual burglary;

• Mostly snide remarks
  • Cheap shots from the peanut gallery
  • Decidedly unsympathetic comments
  • A distinct few sincere attempts to brainstorm ideas
  • One thank you for the warning

So just to reiterate, the theft in my guild was someone claiming to be a guildmate, using information to impersonate someone else and gain access in the guise of being a member's alternate character. I wasn't involved, but like so many, my contributions and efforts were violated.

DO NOT EXPECT ANY HELP FROM BIOWARE OR SWTOR .COM

Good luck to you and do your best to avoid the jerks and @$&hats that want to screw you over in-game instead of risking committing a crime in real life. They must be so proud of themselves... Yeah, whatever...

[...]someone claiming to be a guildmate, using information to impersonate someone else and gain access in the guise of being a member's alternate character. I wasn't involved, but like so many, my contributions and efforts were violated.

Good luck to you and do your best to avoid the jerks and @$&hats that want to screw you over in-game instead of risking committing a crime in real life. They must be so proud of themselves... Yeah, whatever...

This again?

In a game (not talking about real life), when someone impersonates someone else just to get in a guild and steal them, it's unethical, sure but it's not something Bioware or swtor.com should police.

You have to do that yourself.

There is a reason why there is the option to choose who has access to what in your guild bank. And before you tell me that the person he was impersonating had access to those things and that you (or whoever else added him to the guild) thought that he should give his alt access as well, take a second and going forward, realize how easy it is to keep your guild safe by

a) Not giving the same privileges to an alt as the main

and

b) Asking the person to relog to his/her main and confirm.

I posted a thread about this very subject a while back and it's been closed due to inactivity or whatever. Results from my efforts to warn other guilds about the technique used in our virtual burglary;

• Mostly snide remarks

So just to reiterate, the theft in my guild was someone claiming to be a guildmate, using information to impersonate someone else and gain access in the guise of being a member's alternate character. I wasn't involved, but like so many, my contributions and efforts were violated.

Not to be snide, but ...

You want Bioware to protect you from your own credulity? Caveat emptor, friend.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

Come on, i mean you can give permissions to the individual ranks in your guild.

• Mostly snide remarks

I can't even see why Bioware has to do anything, it's your own naivety that made that possible. im conna compare to another game now, and i know i'll get some hate for it but anyway here goes.

Take EVE online, with all it's great gameplay and PvP, there's actually alot of scams going on, and the devs do nothing about it, because it's the players responsibility. I was in a corp(guild) and we got robbed, we lost everything we had, alot of moduls(gear) and ISK(Credits), but the other way around, we also did some good heist our-self.

point is, it's your own fault, yeah maybe you meet a person you think you can trust, and he decides to stab you in the back, but that's how it goes, deal with it, live with it. Bioware have given you the tools to keep the bank safe so don't try to put it on Bioware.

Anyway cheers all :cool: