Explosive Conflict - Tank Question

Sigh i was hoping they'd at least picked a direction for this but apparently not.

I mean lack of tanks at higher levels directly correlates to the fact that you go from needing 1 per 4 to only needing 1 per 8 or 1 per 16.

So you try a hybrid spec for those few fights that you have to tank... and then they kill those (PT's get hit in 1.2 with this, i think assassins did already).

So now what... because I'm needed to tank for 40% of the operation I get to feel like a complete waste of space sub par dps for the remaining 60%

Their intent seems to be 2 tanks for each boss, but at the gear level we had when testing the only way to make enrages on the last two was just to use one tank and zerg them.

The third boss has a target switch mechanic that should be handled with two, and I assume their intent was to have the second tank working on the puzzle.

Kephess has a few tank swap mechanics as well, but you can't make one of the dps reqs of the encounter with full rakata gear. So we just hit him over and over with one tank until the tank lived long enough to get him down, the live release might have higher damage output and make this impossible.

So yes right now in full rakata you can't kill the last two bosses with two tanks, but as people move into the next tier of gear two will work best.

Note:

Yes i'm credible, see twitch.tv/mywiddlepony for our videos, or ambient.enjin.com, we have been ptr testing.

Edited by Braket

Heyho guys,

how many tanks do u need for the new OP ?

2 Encouters are split in 2 Bosses so u need 2 Tanks?

What is with the other 2 Encounter?

sry 4 bad english <.<

First two require two tanks, second two might be possible with 1 tank. We've been running with two tanks the whole time so no change for us. I'd recommend gearing up a second tank ASAP if you haven't been.

So yes right now in full rakata you can't kill the last two bosses with two tanks, but as people move into the next tier of gear two will work best.

We've cleared story with 2 tanks. Haven't made it to the third boss on HM yet - close last night, but not quite. I assume it won't be that much different.

I have been our OT during pre 1.2 content and have stayed DPS spec to tank, towards the end of 1.1.5 I was tanking in dps gear dps spec.

Have changed to tank now for 1.2 so hope I dont have to go back to dps spec as I enjoy being tank, especially when we have 3-4 Inq in the operation group.