The gameplay is very good, the production value high...

Angedechu

..but the key selling point, the story, hmm, with an Imperial Agent 10, it's not really there yet.

I mean, TBH, the guy whose brother was assassinated by Hutts to take over his farm, voice over or no, it's look a hell lot like a farmer in Elwynn Forrest who got killed by Defias.

Mind you, the story is very good for a MMO, and a lot of thought when with it : it's just that the dialogue options appears to me ATM slightly cosmetic, and that the story, while engaging is not as engrossing as KOTOR.

..but the key selling point, the story, hmm, with an Imperial Agent 10, it's not really there yet.

I mean, TBH, the guy whose brother was assassinated by Hutts to take over his farm, voice over or no, it's look a hell lot like a farmer in Elwynn Forrest who got killed by Defias.

Mind you, the story is very good for a MMO, and a lot of thought when with it : it's just that the dialogue options appears to me ATM slightly cosmetic, and that the story, while engaging is not as engrossing as KOTOR.

Put spoilers in your title when you wanna complain about a new "thing."

I'm saying that the initial story is not as engaging as other Bioware games (like ME or DA)

You haven't even played through 3% of the total story yet? Does that count as 'initial'? :p

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure some people won't enjoy the story. Some people will also never experience all of the story. People do come in all shapes and sizes afterall.

Just trying to put things into perspective is all. ;)

Edited by revial

I dunno, my Inquisitor being the spawn of a powerful Dark Lord of the Sith from generations back is pretty darn nifty. It's not everyday your relatives ran with Tulak and played power games with him.

All in all, I would say the writing is superb, not totally on par with Bioware's 1 player RPGs, but pretty darn close. You gotta remember, they are writing stories and arc over arcs, tying them all together and having them be fun is a pretty tough task to complete, and so far, I think they have done just fine.

Edited by Valdrane

You haven't even played through 3% of the total story yet? Does that count as 'initial'? :p

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure some people won't enjoy the story. Some people will also never experience all of the story. People do come in all shapes and sizes afterall.

Just trying to put things into perspective is all. ;)

Honestly, I got more hooked into replaying KOTOR one month ago by the Endar Spire sequence.