BioChem - Only one's to get Reusable Consumables

TRONEON

Cybertech gets BOP grenades that are re-usable as well.

Every Craft appears to get BOP items that only they can craft for themselves. I don't know the scale of numbers in the game yet, but I'm assuming they are a cut above everything else possible except perhaps raid gear.

Meaning every craft has something viable that others who don't have that craft won't have access to.

But I believe Cybertech and Biochem are the only ones with consumables that are permanent.

Note: This comes from second hand knowledge on my part, mining data from various sites.

Cybertech gets BOP grenades that are re-usable as well.

Every Craft appears to get BOP items that only they can craft for themselves. I don't know the scale of numbers in the game yet, but I'm assuming they are a cut above everything else possible except perhaps raid gear.

Meaning every craft has something viable that others who don't have that craft won't have access to.

But I believe Cybertech and Biochem are the only ones with consumables that are permanent.

Note: This comes from second hand knowledge on my part, mining data from various sites.

yes cybertech can make make blue and purple reusable granades

I believe they get reusable consumables to help balance Biochem with the other skills which will see a large demand.

Bio: stims, adrenals, medpacks, and implants.

Cyber: droid armor, earpieces (similar to implant), grenades, armoring (armor only mods), mods (armor and/or weapon mods), gadgets like Portable Transport Beacon, and Custom-Built Speederbikes.

Edited by Gizban

The best adrenal/stim/medpac is Rakata, which is BoP for Biochem. The tradeable one looks to be Exotech which is slightly lower in stats vs Rakata. It would also be silly if the best BoP consumables that Biochems can make weren't reusable. Edited by Methax

The best adrenal/stim/medpack is Rakata, which is BoP for Biochemists. The tradeable one looks to be Exotech which is slightly lower in stats vs Rakata. It would also be silly if the best BoP consumables that Biochemists can make weren't reusable.

Yeah, you are right in that Rakata is the best and is BOP, but it is NOT reusable. Exotech is the second best and is tradable. The reusable stims are worse than both of those.

Example for Fortitude stims:

Rakata (BOP): +136 Endurance / 56 Defense

Exotech (tradable): +128 /52

Hyper-Battle (tradable): +104 /43

REUSABLE Hyper-Battle: +104/43

It actually doesn't have the reusable stim listed as BOP, but I am sure it is (or has a Biochem skill requirement).

Fact remains though that while the reusables are nice, they are a decent bit below the top stims available. If you use the top stims available, the stat difference between the BOP ones is not very high.

Getting good info about the other crafting classes is difficult, so it is tough to say at this point what is the best for Min/Maxing.

Edited by Sarkav

Yea, looking at Torhead and Darthhater there is also purple quality non-BoP reusable stims/adrenals/medpacs but their stats are a decent margin lower. Stim's difference looks to be 24 mainstat/ 9 secondary stat lower from the Exotech counterpart which isn't resuable. Adrenals are 85 stat difference between the reusable and exotech. And Medpacs heal is significantly lower and also doesn't have a hot component.

As somebody who tested Biochem in every build since July, I can tell you the following:

Green quality stims/adrenals/medpacs that you produce typically provide the same benefit as the purple quality items, but the purple quality items are reuseable.

The blue quality items are the ones that have extra stats or provide increased benefits, but they are only useable once.

The purple items are not BoP but typically do require a minimum Biochem skill to use them, basically limiting them to fellow Biochemists. The only exception would be the very first set of purple items, which in the last build had no requirement except a basic level requirement to use.

Well if the Rakata isn't reusable then why do both website databases have the tag "this marvel of biochemical engineering is not consumed on use?"

Ah, you are right - it just doesn't have "reusable" in the actual name like all the other resusable items do. So confusing.

I believe they get reusable consumables to help balance Biochem with the other skills which will see a large demand.

Bio: stims, adrenals, medpacks, and implants.

Cyber: droid armor, earpieces (similar to implant), grenades, armoring (armor only mods), mods (armor and/or weapon mods), gadgets like Portable Transport Beacon, and Custom-Built Speederbikes.

Except everything that will have high demand at endgame is either made by Biochem(Stims) or Cybertech(Armor mods, Transport Beacons)

None of the non-BoP Artifice, Armstech, Armormech or Synthweaving items are on the same level as raid gear, even with reverse engineering, so they'll be made obsolete as time goes on.

All the hardcore raiding guilds will devolve into everyone using Biochem with a few Cybertechs making Transport Beacons.

The equation is simple: If you were raiding, would you rather have the two lowest value gear slots get BiS items that probably drop from the first boss, or the ability to use consumables constantly on every fight with no upkeep costs whatsoever?

The Rakata stims aren't so bad, actually, but the reusable adrenals desperately need a nerf.

Ah, you are right - it just doesn't have "reusable" in the actual name like all the other resusable items do. So confusing.

Yea, that's why I was confused when you said they weren't. There is an actual item with the name reusable in it that isn't BoP by the looks, and may as well not have a biochem requirement. But the exotech would be superior for min/max reasons.

Edited by Methax

Darth Hater lists Rakata Adrenals in the recipes that are both reusable and better than Exotech Adrenals. I seriously hope they didn't make it into the final game. An extra 30 Power per adrenal plus saving tens of thousands of credits in raiding costs would be seriously overpowered.

None of the non-BoP Artifice, Armstech, Armormech or Synthweaving items are on the same level as raid gear, even with reverse engineering, so they'll be made obsolete as time goes on.

It looks like most of the BOP crafting items are the same level of the first tier of raiding epics. And there are also BOP crafting items that are the same level of the second tier of raiding epics, but they require drops from the raid zones. (At least that is what it looks like to me from perusing the item databases).

The Third tier of raiding epics have no crafting equal (nightmare modes).

That said the exception looks to be the crafted relics from Artifice which look like tier three, and there does not appear to be any raid items for that slot (could be databases are no up to date). Also the crafted relics look like they only have a click affect on them and not any stats (which may be wrong since I am not sure I wouldn't want the blue level 50 relics over those).

Also, it looks like there may be BOP mods that would be advantageous to the crafting classes that could make those (the whole mod system still confuses me terribly so I am not sure if those are the type of mods that would go into raid gear or what).

It looks like most of the BOP crafting items are the same level of the first tier of raiding epics. And there are also BOP crafting items that are the same level of the second tier of raiding epics, but they require drops from the raid zones. (At least that is what it looks like to me from perusing the item databases).

The Third tier of raiding epics have no crafting equal (nightmare modes).

That said the exception looks to be the crafted relics from Artifice which look like tier three, and there does not appear to be any raid items for that slot (could be databases are no up to date). Also the crafted relics look like they only have a click affect on them and not any stats (which may be wrong since I am not sure I wouldn't want the blue level 50 relics over those).

Also, it looks like there may be BOP mods that would be advantageous to the crafting classes that could make those (the whole mod system still confuses me terribly so I am not sure if those are the type of mods that would go into raid gear or what).

Devs outright stated in the last stages of Beta that raid quality armoring mods will only drop from the same bosses that drop chestpieces. So explicitly none of the crafted armor or weapons will be as good as drops.

They don't want people to have access to raid level gear stats without killing the bosses. Pretty bogus if you ask me.

Why would you want Raid Gear for the next tier if you can't even beat the Tier that you are on, do you just want to steam roll through content then call the Dev cheap for creating easy content.

Beat the content, get gear to go to the next content, that is not bogus, its logical thinking.

Yeah they will. Although at the end of the day, it's mostly an efficiency advantage. You basically spend more or less credits (and time) to get the same result. The companions generally have a pretty good spread of bonuses though. Too bad there are some oddball / useless bonuses depending on your class :\.