obi one and Darth Vader vs Revan and Yoda(Who would win)

DragonAgeOrgins

I made one of these thread's a bit back. Thinking back on it. I put the Emperor in it who unlikely has an unfair advantage of being too strong. I decided to tone it down a bit.

Obi One was the mentor to Darth Vader and Luke Sky Walker. . He also took out that general in revenge of the sith and beat Darth Vader "barely" in battle. Now if Darth Vader and Obi one teamed up before Vader had to put on machine gear.

I would count Obi One as the strongest Jedi. While Darth Vader would be the loose cannon if they worked togther they could be a strong force. I don't recall Obi One ever losing.

Against

Revan and Yoda. I think it would be equal fight. Yoda has impressive fast reflex's. Revan is almost too strong but he also just a man. Remember he lost his memory and had to fight to get it back. He's not all mighty but he is a fierce warrior.

Yoda nearly took out the Emperor but still failed. Revan is just as dangerous and unperditcable as Vader and they are all light saber fights and supposed to be excellent.

Who would be the last one standing

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on... do you really think he is called Obi One or are you trollin? :eek: Would his hypothetical son be Obi Two then? :D

I'd say Vader would go down first since hes up against a very agile jedi (which seems to be a good counter for his slow but hard hitting attacks), and a jedi who is trained in both light and dark side (knowing your enemy is a huge advantage). And if revan had powers like in the games even Obi-Wan wouldnt stand a chance in the end.

But its kinda dumb to think about this, its like discussing hypothetical fights with starkiller, it just doesnt make any sense.

Hold on... do you really think he is called Obi One or are you trollin? :eek: Would his hypothetical son be Obi Two then? :D

I'd say Vader would go down first since hes up against a very agile jedi (which seems to be a good counter for his slow but hard hitting attacks), and a jedi who is trained in both light and dark side (knowing your enemy is a huge advantage). And if revan had powers like in the games even Obi-Wan wouldnt stand a chance in the end.

But its kinda dumb to think about this, its like discussing hypothetical fights with starkiller, it just doesnt make any sense.

But playing a game where you play as a Jedi or Trooper with talking aliens in language you can understand. Makes total sense right.

Obi One? Okay then

Here's how the battle goes down. Yoda focuses on taking down the Chosen One, leaving Revan to fight Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan gives Revan the smackdown quite handily and joins Anakin in fighting Yoda. This pasrt of the fight lasts for quite some time, but eventually the combined strength of Obi-Wan and Anakin wears Yoda down and Yoda flees to live to fight another day.

This match-up is really lame. No way Revan could take on Obi-Wan or Anakin in a fight. Yoda should have just left him in his crib and went to the battle alone, would have saved the three of them about two minutes.

Actually I'd say Revan and Yoda would win this.

Revan may not be the greatest force user of all time, but considering Obi Wan Kenobi's saber style of choice is sorseu, which draws fights out for ridiculous lengths of time, as long as Revan doesn't do anything stupid, Revan could last long enough for Yoda to take down Darth Vader (aka Darth Emo) and then proceed to take down Obi Wan.

Revan may not be the greatest force user of all time, but considering Obi Wan Kenobi's saber style of choice is sorseu, which draws fights out for ridiculous lengths of time, as long as Revan doesn't do anything stupid, Revan could last long enough for Yoda to take down Darth Vader (aka Darth Emo) and then proceed to take down Obi Wan.

Wait, which Vader we talking about? Pre-Suit or Post?

The only flaw in your argument is the fact that Obi-Wan doesn't have to drag the fight out. Revan couldn't last three minutes against Obi-Wan.

The only flaw in your argument is the fact that Obi-Wan doesn't have to drag the fight out. Revan couldn't last three minutes against Obi-Wan.

Disagree.

Obi-wan's way is waiting out his opponents wether his opponent is extremely weaker or extremely stronger. There will never be a fight with Obi-wan that will last 3-minutes no matter who his opponent or enviroment. Its just his way...

Like I have said before in previous threads, Lightsaber forms aren't just a lightsaber form. Allot of imes it is a way of life for the Form's master. And Obi-wan's way of life, the way he acts and such is, patient and wise and such.

Mace Windu talks about this in Shatterpoint, about how Vapaad is his way of life...

It's talking about Vader Pre Suit but at the peak of his power during that time. In my view here's how I see it playing out. Yoda is very wise and a battle expert. Revan walked on both the light and dark side of the force so he most likely knows moves that both sides don;'t know about.

However

Obi Wan actually did defeat the General in Revenge of the Sith. Managed not to get killed with all other Jedi and actually beat Darth Vader in a one on one fight though they were pretty evenly matched. Darth Vader I see as equal strength in Obi One just more dark side.

It'd be a tough fight depending if Obi Wan took on Yoda or Revan..

Revan is good but he's most superman. He managed to nearly die on ship. But he did lead the Jedi to victory and like Vader did turn to dark side.

I see Obi-Wan and Darth Vader winning, I haven't even seen Yoda win a fight so I don't know why everyone regards him as all powerful, all I have seen him do is lift heavy things. I imagine him and Revan would put up a great fight.

as long as Revan doesn't do anything stupid

Oh, you mean nothing like ignoring the warnings of the Jedi Council and going to war against the Mandalorians, or something like going to the Sith Empire with just his apprentice with the intention of assassinating a thousand year-old Sith Emperor without telling said Jedi Council "hey, there's these Sith out there..." and getting mind-***** in the process, or how about going back to fight the same Sith Emperor yet again with nothing more than the Exile (and again without telling anyone where he was going!), an astromech droid and a traitor Sith (Lol! Great idea there!) as back up? Revan does stupid things all the freaking time. I can easily see him falling to either Vader or Obi in a very short amount of time. That's not even bringing up the fact that he's vastly outclassed in both force potential and saber skill (the latter of which he's never Canonically shown any great ability in).

Edited by Aximand

Oh, you mean nothing like ignoring the warnings of the Jedi Council and going to war against the Mandalorians, or something like going to the Sith Empire with just his apprentice with the intention of assassinating a thousand year-old Sith Emperor without telling said Jedi Council "hey, there's these Sith out there..." and getting mind-***** in the process, or how about going back to fight the same Sith Emperor yet again with nothing more than the Exile (and again without telling anyone where he was going!), an astromech droid and a traitor Sith (Lol! Great idea there!) as back up? Revan does stupid things all the freaking time. I can easily see him falling to either Vader or Obi in a very short amount of time. That's not even bringing up the fact that he's vastly outclassed in both force potential and saber skill (the latter of which he's never Canonically shown any great ability in).

To be fair. Darth Vader is not exactly the poster child for listening to the person in charge. He not only dismissed his orders but turned to the Dark Side and brought upon the change that killed thousands(millions of Jedi) by picking to go to the Dark Side.

He's shown quite obvious since whole series is circled around his giant mistake. He's to blame for killing several jedi and Raven had the same problem. He wanted to end the war so badly he chased them to the end of galaxy and didn't listen to advice either.

They are both similar in what to do but as a light saber. The last person left standing I would say is Obi Wan considering he never was defeated despite countless times. Idk if Vader would make it.

Yoda likely would make it. He has a knack for leaving when he know's he failed. So I think Obi Wan would defeat Yoda or Yoda would leave early and both Vader and Obi One would take down Revan.

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

To be fair. Darth Vader is not exactly the poster child for listening to the person in charge. He not only dismissed his orders but turned to the Dark Side and brought upon the change that killed thousands(millions of Jedi) by picking to go to the Dark Side.

He's shown quite obvious since whole series is circled around his giant mistake. He's to blame for killing several jedi and Raven had the same problem. He wanted to end the war so badly he chased them to the end of galaxy and didn't listen to advice either.

They are both similar in what to do but as a light saber. The last person left standing I would say is Obi Wan considering he never was defeated despite countless times. Idk if Vader would make it.

Yoda likely would make it. He has a knack for leaving when he know's he failed. So I think Obi Wan would defeat Yoda or Yoda would leave early and both Vader and Obi One would take down Revan.

The entire six movie saga was about the fall of Anakin Skywalker, the rise of Darth Vader and the redemption of Anakin Skywalker, and he had the most powerful and influential Sith in galactic history manipulating him with the thought of saving his (he thought) dying wife. Revan went to war against the Mandalorians on his own volition, no big nasty Sith influencing his thought process.

I honestly don't get why people keep making these "***+ Revan vs ****+****" or "Revan vs PT Era Character" threads. He's not nearly as powerful as his fans like to think he is.

Alright, that's a lie, I understand exactly why people make these threads, they want to make it out so that they can talk Revan into being a bad-*** in a galaxy full of some of the biggest bad-asses in Sci-Fi when in reality they know he's been nothing more than a puppet his whole life.

Disagree.

Obi-wan's way is waiting out his opponents wether his opponent is extremely weaker or extremely stronger. There will never be a fight with Obi-wan that will last 3-minutes no matter who his opponent or enviroment. Its just his way...

Like I have said before in previous threads, Lightsaber forms aren't just a lightsaber form. Allot of imes it is a way of life for the Form's master. And Obi-wan's way of life, the way he acts and such is, patient and wise and such.

Mace Windu talks about this in Shatterpoint, about how Vapaad is his way of life...

Soresu form is about being patient and waiting for a hole in the enemies defense. Obi-Wan was such a master at this form that he saw straight through Greivous' attack form and made him pay. Since Revan is no lightsaber master, Obi-Wan could pick one of the many holes in his attack and capitalize on it. That's what Soresu is in combat. Waiting for the right time to strike and when you do strike, you strike hard. Revan is no match for Obi-Wan. Nothing Drew could write will change that.

Soresu form is about being patient and waiting for a hole in the enemies defense. Obi-Wan was such a master at this form that he saw straight through Greivous' attack form and made him pay. Since Revan is no lightsaber master, Obi-Wan could pick one of the many holes in his attack and capitalize on it. That's what Soresu is in combat. Waiting for the right time to strike and when you do strike, you strike hard. Revan is no match for Obi-Wan. Nothing Drew could write will change that.

I know Revan would get rofl-stomped by Kenobi. But what I am saying is it wont be a short fight, your right. Soresu is waiting for the right time to strike. Waiting. Meaning making the fight a long amount of time.

Because he would have to see all of Revan's flaws before striking, its just his way... and thats why he was able to overcome the Chosen One if he went on the offensive he most likely would have lost.

And Despite Revan's lack of lightsaber form, as much as I hate the character, he certainly used many sequences from different forms and had his own "unofficial" form similar to Vader most likely.

I know Revan would get rofl-stomped by Kenobi. But what I am saying is it wont be a short fight, your right. Soresu is waiting for the right time to strike. Waiting. Meaning making the fight a long amount of time.

Because he would have to see all of Revan's flaws before striking, its just his way... and thats why he was able to overcome the Chosen One if he went on the offensive he most likely would have lost.

And Despite Revan's lack of lightsaber form, as much as I hate the character, he certainly used many sequences from different forms and had his own "unofficial" form similar to Vader most likely.

I guess it doesn't matter how long the fight takes, Obi-Wan still wins, easy. I doubt Revan could even penetrate Obi-Wan's defense.