Is Reverse Engineering Broken?

Niksin

Good Day Everyone,

As the title indicates I was wondering if anyone knows if RE'ing Biochem items is currently broken or not.

The reason I ask is because over the past several days I have been reverse engineering several items and do not seem to be learning the new/upgraded schematics for the items. To answer a common questions before it is asked, when I hover over the item it still does show the 20% research option. I first noticed it with a high level implant that I was trying to RE. While I have two of the purple schematics I just figure getting the others would just be harder, which I accept. However, I have made well over 100 of the implants and have yet to get the new schematic. As a test I went down to a lower level implant that I never made before and made 40 of the green ones and RE. No upgraded schematic. While I know the law of averages do not apply as each RE is independent of each other, I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if this character is having really bad luck. It seems all my other crafters (Cybertech, Artifice, and Armstech) are able to RE and get new schematics in 10 - 15 craftings.

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been having a similar problem trying to get a Reusable Nano-Infused Fortitude Stim from the Prototypes. In the last few days I must have made over 100 of them (300 really since you make them in threes) and have yet to RE successfully. They take a ton of materials, too, so I'm blowing a lot of money on missions as well. If there IS an existing issue I hope they'll announce it. I'll stop wasting my time and resources until it's fixed.

i've had periods where i'll r/e 20+ prototypes without getting a purple recipe.

then again, I've also had times when I've only needed to make one green, then one prototype to get the purple prefix i'm after (usually Expert or Veracity, depending on role)

case in point, i researched the Advanced Overkill Augment 28 recipe over the weekend. had to make, err, four prototypes to get the schematic.

it sometimes seems as if it's busted, but it isn't. keep trying and you'll (eventually) get the schematic you want.

and yes, doing research with expensive materials can get very expensive and very frustrating.

• 3 months later...

I hate to raise an older thread but this seems to be happening to me as well... When I mouse over a Prototype Nano-Infused Fortitude Stim (the blue level one), it says "No Research Available"... but I haven't yet learned the reusable purple version of it.

Is it just a display bug? I know it can be made as I see the reusable version on the GTN ... I'm tempted to buy it, but the OCD in me has to have my own name on it!

Please comment/help!