April 3 Downtime = 1.2?

Hazado

Your response to the botters you must not have been there when they used 3rd party programs to get rid of darters and were able to claim Niddhogg before he actually was visable on spawn, Actually had a GM there the night we decided to quit the game and he said " we do not care we will continue to let them do this" is was what really caused half the server to quit literally no lie.

Removing Darters is a simple .dat removal, or replacing them with leech dats, and this was commonplace across all endgame shells, leading me to believe you may not know fully what you are talking about here. I was there when people were suspected of using bots, but as always, people were far too quick to jump the gun on blaming someone, just because they beat you to claiming. One way to know for sure was to have FFXI APP enabled, as it would tell you exactly who is using a bot in your area, as it automatically linked up with anyone else in the same zone as you. Yes, I checked out the app near the end of my play time, as it interested me in how hooks worked within games (led me to learn a little about basic programming too).

GM's would also never say "we do not care we will continue to let them do this" as that is a strict violation of their policies. A Game Master cannot reveal the outcome of any investigation, by saying that, they would be both admitting they were exploiting, and at the same time, telling you they did nothing as an outcome, so im sorry but im calling bull on that one.

Also your point about causing "half the server to quit" shows how self centred and wrapped up people get into endgame. Each server in FFXI had roughly 800 concurrency, your quitting would not cause 399 others to follow suit. That's just arrogant im sorry to say. I think what you mean to say is that you quit, and 2-3 others followed suit from your LS.

Overall, I doubt your kill on AV too, but if true, grats, if not, why bother making up false achievements in games that are years gone by? No one is impressed by it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something of that scale would take months to develop, and would have to have been in the works since before go-live.

Even Blizzard has said that Ulduar was too big and too 'hardcore' (their words if I remember correctly). Very few people saw beyond the first few bosses. Don't look for many MMOs to have giant raids with over ten bosses anynore. It is a content model that only appeals to a tiny minority.

Here's the things though... Those kinds of raids put a plug in the drainage of people leaving the game.

Even if people are not blowing through the content, they are not leaving -- because they have stuff to do.

People wiping to raid bosses, mean people are still on the servers doing "something"...

Right now, the people who want group activity see few people on, so they log, meaning less log in... It's a vicious circle, and if it doesn't get corrected soon, there will be nothing left.

Which is why, yes, they need to start working on their "Ulduar" soon... Because, yes, it takes months...

Honestly i don't get why everyone keeps whining to no end. This game is NEW it has not even been online for half a year. I have played WOW for the free test week and was so bore dthat i quit even before the time was up. This game really keeps me entertained. And if i may ask as WOW first came out, with no expansions or patches or anything. How did it look then?

So you didn't like wow, with it's functional game engine, server transfers, transmogging, LFG dungeon finder, LFG RAID finder, arena and BG PVP, enough players that you actually run into another human being not to mention an actual server economy, achievements, holiday events, short loading screens, flying mounts, somewhat bug free, multi-client support, ticket reports that get answered by a live chat GM, races that look different from each other, and free Barrens Chat in any capital city.

But you like SWTOR :confused:

functional game engine

transmogging

BG PVP

achievements

How is the game engine and animation not better than WoW?

How is orange gear not the same as transmog ... just the other way around?

How are Warzones and Battlegrounds not the same?

How can it be you havn't found the 'Codex' tab yet?

enough players

server transfers

server economy

Here I have to agree - all comes down to too many servers, not to not enough players. There are enough players and they're just too spread out.

flying mounts

somewhat bug free

races that look different from each other

short loading screens

holiday events

arena

LFG dungeon finder

LFG RAID finder

free Barrens Chat in any capital city.

Flying mounts revolutionized travel in WoW ... not in a good way, traveling quick is convenient but you don't really take part in the world, you're flying 100 yards high using the auto run function and go semi-afk.

Calling WoW bug free is like calling milk black.

Races being different as in differently ridiculous? Yeah, gotta have some more gnomes, cows and trolls in all games. - I played only humans btw ... and know numerous people who thought night elfs were silly already.

2 out of 16 people of my raid have a longer than normal loading screen. One of which admits to simply having a crappy old computer.

I'm not sure what kind of events Bioware is planning ... but holiday events in WoW are a terribad grind and the interesting stuff is often low chance random loot. I did partake in those events ... but they were alright, but nowhere near something that I'd repeat in another game.

Arena sucks. PvP competition like in shooters or RTS and MMORPGs are not competable. Everybody knows that ... that's why many respected gaming leagues don't support WoW.

LFG is convenient but not needed if you can type or have a guild that doesn't consist of single players. LFR destroyed WoW for me and others ... not the Pandas, just the welfare-epics-grind where you drag numerous of people through the raid. Being bad shouldn't be rewarded in a game ... if only not to show people that bad = loot doesn't work in real life.

If you miss that Barrens Chat so much ... just sit on Dromund Kaas in the afternoon and enjoy. I won't.

To sum it up you named one major point I agree with, some things that SW actually already has and a lot of stuff that would make me quit this game without looking back.

And you missed the one thing that Bioware is (supposedly) trying to accomplish with 1.2 and the followup patches and that made me play WoW for so long ... captivating end game raiding with diverse encounters that not only challenge me but the raid as a team.

My hopes are high for 1.2 and the NMM after that ... with all the announcements of 'additional boss' and 'truly challenging' floating around ... but it's true, the time to do this is now and not in 3 weeks.

As are server merges ... I include this in almost any post now, but it's true. A MMO with tons of smaller servers isn't as good as one with fewer larger ones ... it's just how the genre works.

So you didn't like wow, with it's functional game engine, server transfers, transmogging, LFG dungeon finder, LFG RAID finder, arena and BG PVP, enough players that you actually run into another human being not to mention an actual server economy, achievements, holiday events, short loading screens, flying mounts, somewhat bug free, multi-client support, ticket reports that get answered by a live chat GM, races that look different from each other, and free Barrens Chat in any capital city.

But you like SWTOR :confused:

Cause it's Star Wars...

Some people lose their sense for neutral and correct evaluating of the games.

WoW and SW:TOR are in most parts the same, but yeah... they just don't get that and hail SW:TOR and condemn WoW in every single part.

Strange world.

Not because it's Star Wars. But if you read the pot before it's all clear. Sure WOW is old. But that's it. It's old. This game is new. And as i said i did try WOW. It was boring and not in the least entertaining. Sure some people may like it, but i clearly don't. But i like this game. So why not let me? Yeah i hate WOW but if that's just my taste let me have my taste and shut up about it.

If you're bored, maybe you're playing too much? I work two jobs and play some nights from 10pm-2 or 3am. I'm up at 7am so I'm sacrificing some sleep time for gameplay, which I'm okay with. That being said, even with the amount of time I put into the game (maybe 12-16 hours a week) I only have one level 50 toon. He's not even fully geared. Sometime to enjoy something, you actually have to step back from it. Think of a painter who works meticulously on a mural. He can pour all his time and energy into each section of the painting. It can be frustrating to spend so much time on one particular part, but he has to look at the painting as a whole. When he stands back and takes in what he has created, it will be worth the work.

Enjoy your toons, spend a little less time on SW and go outside and get some fresh air. It's springtime and the weather is beautiful where I live. Sure I love SW, but you have to crawl out of the mole hole sometimes and enjoy the outdoors. Give the develops some time to polish and release the next patch. Like someone said earlier, if not having 1.2 drives people away, having 1.2 won't keep them.

i have to be honest with you. People who left the game already will probably just do the same thing a month or two after 1.2 hits for the same reasons. Most of you are waiting for the messiah mmo game, and it is not going to come.

That is why you are next hoping for gw2 to be "that game", why you pinned so many irrational and delusional hopes on this game, and will continue to pin them to every "next big thing" until you realize that you are actually just burnt out on mmos.

The good news is that there is a solution, but it requires a bit of modesty and self understanding to get to the point where you are willing to admit that you are part of the problem.

People need to stop looking for that game that will let them burn through content in a hypernonsensical race to the top of nowhereland and start enjoying mmos for what they are. Either that, or find a genre that really is designed to support hypercompetitive gameplay...or well, just focus that energy into real life and you could be the next champion of the world.

Ask yourself...do i know what it takes to create an mmo...what it is developers put all this time and effort into? In answer, the obvious reality should strike you that a huge part of development is put towards creating huge, immersive environments that try and create the impression that we are existing as our characters in an alternate universe. Now ask yourself: Would anyone bother doing all this if the point of the game were really to just attack the group content to see who could beat it faster than anyone else?

I think anyone with a couple of fairly functional brain cells would say "no".

I get it...beating raid content can be a rush. But unfortunately and especially in recent years, the mmo community seems to have come to view clearing raids as being much more difficult and prestigious than it really is. Even the very hardest of hard raids in the past ten years of mmo gaming should never have caused the insane overreaction and divisive posturing that has infected mmos recently...and tbh destroyed a lot of gaming communities.

If we don't learn to slow down, and either be real mmo players or simply move on to genres where the whole point is to winwinwinwinwin like competitive fps/rts, we will never be satisfied with mmos. Their entire structure is designed for those who like to savor and play thoughtfully...not those hellbent on using it as a format to prove they can get from point a to point b the fastest.

*yawn*

Hear hear well spoken!

I have noticed a common theme to all the complaints. People who have 5 level 50 characters and have beat everything by blowing through the content. How many have actually read the Codex entries, sat through the conversations, explored every nook and cranny of the worlds? I'm not thinking a lot. I know people who have done this.

Take your time. Enjoy the environments that have been created. Hang out with friends. Be distracted instead of figuring out the fastest and least gratifying path to the finish line.

I know people won't, but I just thought I'd add my voice to this side.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. "

I have to be honest with you. People who left the game already will probably just do the same thing a month or two after 1.2 hits for the same reasons. Most of you are waiting for the Messiah MMO game, and it is not going to come.

That is why you are next hoping for GW2 to be "that game", why you pinned so many irrational and delusional hopes on this game, and will continue to pin them to every "next big thing" until you realize that you are actually just burnt out on MMOs.

The good news is that there is a solution, but it requires a bit of modesty and self understanding to get to the point where you are willing to admit that you are part of the problem.

People need to stop looking for that game that will let them burn through content in a hypernonsensical race to the top of nowhereland and start enjoying MMOs for what they are. Either that, or find a genre that really is designed to support hypercompetitive gameplay...or well, just focus that energy into real life and you could be the next champion of the world.

Ask yourself...do I know what it takes to create an MMO...what it is developers put all this time and effort into? In answer, the obvious reality should strike you that a huge part of development is put towards creating huge, immersive environments that try and create the impression that we are existing as our characters in an alternate universe. Now ask yourself: would anyone bother doing all this if the point of the game were really to just attack the group content to see who could beat it faster than anyone else?

I think anyone with a couple of fairly functional brain cells would say "no".

I get it...beating raid content can be a rush. But unfortunately and especially in recent years, the MMO community seems to have come to view clearing raids as being much more difficult and prestigious than it really is. Even the very hardest of hard raids in the past ten years of MMO gaming should never have caused the insane overreaction and divisive posturing that has infected MMOs recently...and tbh destroyed a lot of gaming communities.

If we don't learn to slow down, and either be REAL MMO players or simply move on to genres where the whole POINT is to winwinwinwinwin like competitive FPS/RTS, we will NEVER be satisfied with MMOs. Their entire structure is designed for those who like to savor and play thoughtfully...not those hellbent on using it as a format to prove they can get from point A to point B the fastest.

So when are we getting 1.2?

They released 1.1 Tuesday, 17th January. that was the day the subs renewed. I predict that it will come out around the 17th or 18th of april, thats when the majority of subs need to renew.

You heard it here first folks