Star Wars politics, morals, and ideology

darthnamel

I want to ask everyone, which group in any of the Star Wars eras, do you agree with politically, morally, or ideologically.

For example I would usually agree morally with the Jedi order, but I would like some political machinations, like what we usually see from Moffs. I do like the way bounty hunters operate in Star Wars, and the smuggler is much like our drug running cartels. I also enjoy how some writers have tried to show how non-Force sensitive view the Jedi, some with hate (criminals), adoration (Jedi Junkies/Flunkies), or suspicion (atheists...lol).

I consider star Wars politics, morals, and ideology same as i do real life politics, morals, and ideology.

A bunch of hypocritiy *******es who coudnt solve a problem if all they had to do was press a buttion.

Let me clairfy:

Old republc: incompetend, never get's anything fix, screws over social rights ever chance they get(but he atleast they have social rights)

Sith empire:Effecenty cooperative and get's stuff done, downside is xenophobia, failuere equilse death, lack of trust(really everyone and i mean everyone in the empire has backstabing disorder)

The hutt cartel:Exploitive, murdering thieve's, they are great when you need to get something iligal but a plague on existance otherwise.

New republic: lacks the infastruction to substain itself. Idealist without a clue.

Galatic empire: if you shut up and do what you are told everything is fine.

Do anything else then that and you off to kessel.

Confedercy: money=rights being poor=wage slave.

Long version short.

Aslong greed, lust and power are the core of people's life no idiolige will stop suffering.

Still if i had to live in one of these area's i would prefeer to live in the 1000 years of peace befor the phantom manance.

Star wars is a Copy from our real life and world, thats why i love SW and been a fan of it, but for me i think a new faction is needed, a faction that stands in the middle with ideas and ideal from both sides including the Sith and Jedi, BUT neither the empire nor the republic would allowed it and the prof is Darth Malgus with his new empire,

i just hate the fact they killed him, would have been a lot of fun being able to join him and play as a 3rd faction.

Star wars is a Copy from our real life and world, thats why i love SW and been a fan of it, but for me i think a new faction is needed, a faction that stands in the middle with ideas and ideal from both sides including the Sith and Jedi, BUT neither the empire nor the republic would allowed it and the prof is Darth Malgus with his new empire,

i just hate the fact they killed him, would have been a lot of fun being able to join him and play as a 3rd faction.

Not necessarily. The Hutts are one example of a faction that both sides have tried to win over rather than destroy. They aren't exactly ideal, but the point is that if a faction is strong enough, the Republic and Empire will try to manipulate it or at least to win support from it rather than just try to destroy it.

The middle is for losers who don't take action, though. We need more extreme factions! :cool:

The Jedi Order is way too cultish for me. They take young children away from their parents, teach them emotions and connections are bad (including, and often especially, positive emotions), set rules that they may not love or marry, and then lack empathy to such an extreme extent that they cannot notice a troubled young man who just needs someone to sit him down and talk to him (Anakin).

The Jedi Order is way too cultish for me. They take young children away from their parents, teach them emotions and connections are bad (including, and often especially, positive emotions), set rules that they may not love or marry, and then lack empathy to such an extreme extent that they cannot notice a troubled young man who just needs someone to sit him down and talk to him (Anakin).

Exactly, the Jedi are afraid to express their feelings, they lost more Jedies to the dark side just by that rule, they try to stand against the nature of things and that is why they failed and fail.

Exactly, the Jedi are afraid to express their feelings, they lost more Jedies to the dark side just by that rule, they try to stand against the nature of things and that is why they failed and fail.

It's not about fear of feelings. It's about recognizing how they impair rational thought. Even loyal agents can't let themselves be manipulated by anger or lust into doing something stupid.

It's not about fear of feelings. It's about recognizing how they impair rational thought. Even loyal agents can't let themselves be manipulated by anger or lust into doing something stupid.

The problem is when it's taken to the nth degree like the jedi do. It just goes too far, and if anything it's more to blame for jedis falling to the dark side than these emotions ever were. The Jedi were a cult with limited social understanding and no empathy. For all we know you have to drink the coolaid to get on the council.

Luke's Jedi Order is a lot less cultish

The problem is when it's taken to the nth degree like the jedi do. It just goes too far, and if anything it's more to blame for jedis falling to the dark side than these emotions ever were. The Jedi were a cult with limited social understanding and no empathy. For all we know you have to drink the coolaid to get on the council.

Luke's Jedi Order is a lot less cultish

I disagree, but that's still a better criticism than saying that they "fear" emotions. That sounds like Sith propaganda. :rolleyes: