What's planned for the 1st Anniversary celebrations?

Vitas

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be 1 year old on December 20th and what's on my mind is how will BioWare/EA/LucasArts be celebrating it?

Perhaps both Makeb and the Cathar will finally be made available? New items available on the Cartel Market? Maybe the developers will reveal new information about Varl, Lehon/Rakata Prime and/or Oricon?

Like what Star Wars Galaxies did every year, they could release an exclusive SWTOR Anniversary logo. There could also be a single piece of exclusive merchandise like concept art posters or a commemorative badge although the latter may be a bit expensive to produce.

What are your thoughts on the 1 year anniversary and what would you like to see happen?

Edited by Vitas

I wouldn't mind seeing Empire Day/Remembrance Day celebrated.

Yes, I'm sorry folks, but Star Wars is littered with Canonical holidays that correspond with their real-life counterparts. Don't like it? Don't play a Star Wars MMO.

Unless they changed their mind, in beta they were strongly against in game holidays.

Edited by Retsopmi

Not if the event/holiday already exists in the Star Wars canon.

Does their anniversary fall on the same day or week or month as a cannon holiday for this time period?

I don't know.

Just saying that they were really against holidays, even a lot of the cannon ones, during beta. I never subbed after beta so not sure if that mindset changed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Empire Day/Remembrance Day celebrated.

Yes, I'm sorry folks, but Star Wars is littered with Canonical holidays that correspond with their real-life counterparts. Don't like it? Don't play a Star Wars MMO.

These were only celebrated during the Galatic Empire/Rebellion years. These holidays are not part of the Old Republic Era.