Shadow PvP video. Infiltration/Upheaval

Ompapamowmow

yes, low slash. Why 15s CD? Is Deception unplayable without it?

It would kind of suck if low slash wasn't there. When I run this spec I mainly use it as a setup for maul. It can be used for stalling and an interrupt but sense its weapon based damage it can be block, dodged, parried, and missed so not a guaranteed CC and it does break on damage and is in the 5th tier of the deception tree so I just don't see it as an issue.

The class has a very high skill cap; put a pro in the hands of a merc, mehhh whatever. Put a pro in the hands of this class, you have a monster. It seems op yet you put a bad here and they're just as bad as a merc begin played by a bad.

This is the problem, necessarily the "class" itself

...a monster at guarding the off node. Yeahhhhhhhhhhh off node

I'm going to do a pvp video soon of what it's really like to be an assassin. It's going to be a 15 minute novarre where I sit on the off node afk

It would kind of suck if low slash wasn't there. When I run this spec I mainly use it as a setup for maul. It can be used for stalling and an interrupt but sense its weapon based damage it can be block, dodged, parried, and missed so not a guaranteed CC and it does break on damage and is in the 5th tier of the deception tree so I just don't see it as an issue.

Interesting, I don't usually have problems with using maul, seems like a waste of a global. I typically use it as a straight up CC with intent to use the entire 4sec of the mezz. I rarely use it as a short "stun" to set up an attack. Most commonly use it to stall one of many people attacking a healer, stall one of two people I'm fighting (since one low slash + hard stun give you enough time to complete the 1v1), or like you said, as an interrupt (especially for snipers w/o entrench up).

I think that low slash was developed more for pve purposes, as npcs can turn as fast as you can run, so you would never get the maul off without some form of cc. In pvp though, it is plenty easy to get behind people without it, which means that I can save low slash for when I do actually need an extra stun, to let my teammate get the bomb planted or w/e. Low slash is not part of any of my regular rotations, it's a situational ability.

And yes, node guarding sucks. I've been guilty of being "that guy" who left the node empty, simply because after a while, the desire to actually play the game I'm paying to play overrides the desire to win a match. Also the reason why I do not usually participate in ranked warzones on that class. I'm not paying $15 a month to sit afk node guarding, I'm paying $15 a month to play the game.

Edited by RankorSSGS

Well, I won't say that assassins are overpowered (the builds that allow extreme damage is also pretty fragile). The class is strong 1 v 1, it was practically built with that in mind (BW themselves admitted that the hard-hitting builds were designed to be lone-wolf), so of course you're going to see videos of assassins dueling others.

But apart from having fun 1 v 1 outside of warzones,

is what assassins always end up doing in any ranked matches.

Yes, I know the guy in the video is a Guardian, I couldn't find a video more worthy, nor one with an assassin in it. For the most part, this is about the only reason Assassins are brought into ranked matches.

yes, low slash. Why 15s CD? Is Deception unplayable without it?

Well, Deception can be played without using low slash, but it allows for Maul to be used more easily, especially on pesky kiters. I also often use it to bait people into using their CC breakers early in the fight.

Low Slash + Crushing Darkness

If they break CC to interrupt me, gamble paid off and I will have greater control over them in the fight. If they don't then they at least now have a decent-damaging DoT ticking on them.

Wow. I didn't know there was so much hate for shadows :confused:

Yeah, its simply amazing that even with a few nerfs to darkness and the hybrids they call anything with tank stance op and now with a small buff that was severely needed for deception its now starting to be called op...I play mostly in the madness tree so I am safe for now.

Wow... another one shadow/sin video :o

Last 5-7 players video here were from shadows/sins. Good demonstration OPness of class, hope BW see video and care about this class in 1.7 :o

1.7 ? good luck with that, you be prepared to wait til the new expansion comes out