Why is solo que vastly more popular than grouped

Adovir

Since solo que has so many trolls, que syncers and bads why do so many people prefer to do solo que? I personally hate solo que because it's all a matter of luck in my opinion, you get sub par players when the other team gets decent/good players, tank healer 2dps combos against your 4dps or 3dps and 1healer. All those factors really disenchanted me with solo ranked and has disenchanted many others as well to the point where we don't que.

In grouped ranked I know my team, we have communication we have the team composition that we want, we have a synergy with one another because we know our play styles and we can properly rotate stuns and mezs.

So is it because people don't have a group a friends that they play with that they can que for group ranked with? Or is it that it takes a lot more cordination that a lot of people dont want to deal with? Or is it not as "prestigious" as being a high ranking solo player?

It's because group is hard to get into. You can't just through any 4 people together, you have to create a composition that is optimal. Solo's you can just jump into whenever.

Secondly, it's extremely tough going against a well established 4-man with a brand new team. With solo it's more likely the level of coordination is even.

Personally, I burnt out on Yolo after Season One, not necessarily because of the trolling, but just because I got burnt out on Arenas after doing them in both the Pre-Season and Season One. All of the trolling and the like just made it even easier to blow off Yolo completely.

Grouped is really what I want to do, but Grouped is hard to pull off. Getting four like-minded peeps together, and then keeping them together, is not easy. Even if you manage to get your ducks in a row with a good comp and interested players, all it takes is one loss to blow up an entire team.

NO CROSS SERVER QUE!

it really is that simple. the pvp community is tiny (in comparison) the ranked pvp community is even smaller.

without an ample community queing wait times are ridiculous, you end up having to spam for matches, or set them up manually in order to even get a game. then chances are you are going to go against a team that has alot more practice and generally is running a FOTM AOE mez team.

now if they had cross server and ELO could actually come into play. you could que with whatever and go against other teams in similar brackets / skill sets as you.

1.) No cross server so a lot of medium skilled players don't feel like being rolled over by top teams over and over again.

2.) Cliques. Alot of mediocre players get carried by good teams because they happen to be in the right cliques so its simply easier for other players to just solo queue than to deal with the drama.

It's not really a matter of luck. If you are truly a good PVPer you will have higher than a 50 percent winrate even in yolo queues, which is all you need to rank up. It may take a while, there may be crushing losses, but still. Your skill, leadership, and objective control all comes into play. The only "luck" comes from crits. :)