New Scoreboard Statistic: Duration CC'ed

Warlord_Maliken

I think adding a scoreboard stat (viewed at the end of each match) of "Duration CC'ed" would be very entertaining and interesting. When you mouse over this stat it will tell you:

CC (crowd control) - 110 sec

(mouseover)

Roots: 50 sec

Stuns: 30 sec

Mez: 30 sec

Would you like to see this as a new scoreboard stat? A lot of other mmo's are adding onto their scoreboard stat so you can see more information on how you performed. I think it would be cool for competitive players to say "look, i did less damage but i was stunned for a minute longer than you were" (lol).

Yay? Nay?

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

Yes so I can laugh at all the people who claim CC isn't an issue.

I betting duration CC'ed won't exceed a 1 minute for a 20 minute match.

You should play other MMOs where they have 1 minute mezzs and resolve varies based on stun type.

Edited by Zoom_VI

I betting duration CC'ed won't exceed a 1 minute for a 20 minute match.

You should play other MMOs where they have 1 minute mezzs and resolve varies based on stun type.

There was guy in another one of these threads that actually posted he "stopped counting at 156 times CC'ed in a WZ". I didn't have the heart to call him out on his math but I calculated it and it would have been roughly 10 minutes and 40 seconds stunned in one WZ.

I'd bet 10 times per player per WZ is about right, even that seems a bit high. I'd take the under on bet +/- 1:00 stunned per WZ.

Edited by Ridickilis

There was guy in another one of these threads that actually posted he "stopped counting at 156 times CC'ed in a WZ". I didn't have the heart to call him out on his math but I calculated it and it would have been roughly 10 minutes and 40 seconds stunned in one WZ.

I'd bet 10 times per player per WZ is about right, even that seems a bit high. I'd take the under on bet +/- 1:00 stunned per WZ.

Yeah, although I would say time CC'ed might be way higher for group ranked where you actually see chain stuns, and mezzs are not broken halfway through.

Snares? I could easily see 5 mins or more for snares, considering every single spec in the whole game has access to one or more snares.

maybe if you didn't use your stun breaker at the first moment it's available... breaking that root wasn't worth it, was it?

Try face mashing your keyboard. Should go pretty well with all your back pedaling and keyboard turning while you DPS those pesky tanks down.

I can make ignorant statements too :p

Try face mashing your keyboard. Should go pretty well with all your back pedaling and keyboard turning while you DPS those pesky tanks down.

I can make ignorant statements too :p

Someone's gotta take those tanks down. They're so pesky.

Alright, so how is CC an issue?

Alright, so how is CC an issue?

It isn't but you gotta blame something for your loss. DPS tunnelers wanna tunnel.

Minimize the CC in this game and see how invincible a good tank/healer combo becomes in objective based WZ's where you don't need kills to win.

It isn't but you gotta blame something for your loss. DPS tunnelers wanna tunnel.

Minimize the CC in this game and see how invincible a good tank/healer combo becomes in objective based WZ's where you don't need kills to win.

Hey, I'm trying to "engage the poster" here with an "open mind". I was going to find out what his issue was and offer him some "constructive criticism".

Then I read one of his gems from another thread:

In real life would you rather stand there and let 3 guys bash you to death or go down swinging? Same principle applies.

Stuns are the skill equalizer. 3 complete garbage players trump 1 great player because of stuns. Remove the garbage players ability to stun lock and that 1 great player stands a really good chance of beating all 3.

Prior to 1.4, I used to solo 2 - 3 guys all the time. Post 1.4, fighting 2 was rough but still doable. Post 2.7, fighting 2 - 3 scrubs = forget it.

The crux of your argument here, not even taking into account the ridiculous IRL analogy, is that you should be able to beat 3 crappy players by yourself, but as soon as they stun you, it's game over. Yeah, too bad marauders have such terrible defensive cooldowns.

Sounds like another mad-cuz-bad overextending marauder to me. Also, you might think twice about labeling yourself as a "great player" whilst complaining about CC and resolve on the forums.

But wait, there's more:

In all fairness... CC breaker use should grant you a full resolve bar + full root/snare immunity. At least then the skill would be worth a damn.

Found about 3 or 4 versions of that same quote.

In essence, you've been complaining about how resolve was designed. Sure, you have the right to your opinion, but I (and the rest of us) have the right to call you out on your opinion.

If you're playing as a melee and you're on the front-line, you should expect to get stunned. A lot. But you do know that you can pop a defensive like force camo after your stun wears off and LoS while your healer gets you back up to full, right? You are a "great player" after all.

There aren't many players left who are actually in your camp :p Hell the developers aren't even in your camp.

Seeing as you have a fascination with pulling up extremely old threads for out of context quotes.. why don't you actually start by looking at the resolve over time system I penned out. I'm all for "tactical" uses of stuns. I'm totally against casting stuns off cooldown which is what this game degenerated into back around 1.4.

P.S Why are you crapping on about marauders. I haven't played my mara in PvP in like 2 years.

Edited by JackNader

There aren't many players left who are actually in your camp :p Hell the developers aren't even in your camp.

Seeing as you have a fascination with pulling up extremely old threads for out of context quotes.. why don't you actually start by looking at the resolve over time system I penned out. I'm all for "tactical" uses of stuns. I'm totally against casting stuns off cooldown which is what this game degenerated into back around 1.4.

P.S Why are you crapping on about marauders. I haven't played my mara in PvP in like 2 years.

Because that's the class you seem to complain about the most. But OK, what do you play the most? I'll teach you how you're supposed to play.

Also, how are your quotes out of context? You complained about CC/resolve in this thread, and you did the same exact thing in other threads.

I read your suggestions for changing bolster and I think they're pretty bad. You want: immunity to stuns, roots, snares while white-barred, and you want all CC effects to be removed as soon as you get white-barred. Gradual resolve gain while stunned might not be the worst idea, but that would probably make it easier to keep someone stun-locked after they use their breaker.

How about a timer for how long people spend crying in warzones? :rak_02:

I like this. It should also count negatively towards their medal count/xp/comms where at the end of the match some players will owe xp and coms.

At -8 medals with no enemy kills Darth Marr will say "ally is useless". At -12 "ally is hopeless".

:rak_04:

To sum it all up :-

Resolve over time system.

*Resolve decays at a constant rate ie. 100 resolve per second. Full resolve is reached at 1000.

*Hard stuns build resolve at a fixed rate while stunned. ie. 350 resolve per second. (4 seconds to reach full resolve)

*Mezzes build resolve at a fixed rate. ie. 200 resolve per second . (10 seconds to reach full resolve.)

(Zoom suggests adding an additional penalty for breaking the mez early. This could be in the form upfront resolve with the remainder delivered in increments while the mez is in effect.)

*Upon reaching full resolve, all CC effects presently on you are removed and you become completely immune to all additional CC for 4 seconds.

*Your resolve bar will be at 600 after your immunity is up. This adds diminishing returns and forces attacking players to spread out their stuns more.

*CC breaker frees you from all effects and grants 4 seconds of stun immunity. It could also grant full or partial resolve however this would need to be thoroughly tested.

The difference is this system is reactive and actually worthwhile during combat. You can only be hard stunned for a maximum of 4 seconds at a stretch. The present system allows you to be hard stunned for 8 seconds. The most common complaint people have is to go to the box with a white bar and watch it drain away. This shouldn't even be surprising. CC breaker is on a 2 minute cooldown and there are typically more than 100 hard stuns being chucked around "per side" over the course of any 8 man warzone.

Edited by JackNader

Yeah this a good idea. They did the same thing in GSF.

You could also have stuff like how much you contributed to caps, # of solo's, # of assit kills, # of times in stealth, # of players you popped someone out of stealth, ect...

i would like to see it, though i would lean towards % of time played stunned

i play a sorc healer. i know i probably shouldn't be able to pvp at all since i'm healer and not an op, but it is what it is.

being a healer, i've been on the wrong end of focus target a few times. it's not all that common, but there are definitely games where i've spent as much time cc'ed as i've spent alive. my resolve bar can go from all white to nothing a lot faster than my stun breaker and force barrier come off cool down. depending on the warzone and how much time i spend in the penalty box, i can easily die 3 times before my stun breaker comes off cooldown.

would force barrier count as a self-inflicted stun?

Mm resolve isn't perfect but I have no issues with stuns either tbh. Tends to be melee who are the most vocal imo.

To sum it all up :-

Resolve over time system.

*Resolve decays at a constant rate ie. 100 resolve per second. Full resolve is reached at 1000.

*Hard stuns build resolve at a fixed rate while stunned. ie. 350 resolve per second. (4 seconds to reach full resolve)

*Mezzes build resolve at a fixed rate. ie. 200 resolve per second . (10 seconds to reach full resolve.)

(Zoom suggests adding an additional penalty for breaking the mez early. This could be in the form upfront resolve with the remainder delivered in increments while the mez is in effect.)

*Upon reaching full resolve, all CC effects presently on you are removed and you become completely immune to all additional CC for 4 seconds.

*Your resolve bar will be at 600 after your immunity is up. This adds diminishing returns and forces attacking players to spread out their stuns more.

*CC breaker frees you from all effects and grants 4 seconds of stun immunity. It could also grant full or partial resolve however this would need to be thoroughly tested.

because 350 * 4 = 1000? Do you mean 250? If stuns wear off the instant you reach 1000, then you'd be stunned slightly less than three seconds, as even a full 3 seconds * 350 resolve/second > 1000 resolve, aka white barred.

nice math.

Also, your idea of having resolve build at a constant rate of time stunned instead of lump-summed has been brought up before years in the past, nothing new.

And I'd laugh at anyone on my stealthers trying to take a node. Objective caps are 18, 8 and 6 seconds long. That means that I can inflict less than 1800, 800, and 600 resolve on those individuals and it will theoretically all drain.

With a large group of people, say, four, I can take turns sapping each one. Each sap will last 1.5 seconds, as it will cancel after I go on to the next. That's 1.5 seconds * 200 resolve/second = 300 resolve. Or hell, even 200 since there was no full 2nd second. Each person gets 200-300 resolve, decayed in 2-3 seconds, and it takes them 18, 8, or 6 seconds to cap.

lol

Edited by Zunayson

The difference is this system is reactive and actually worthwhile during combat. You can only be hard stunned for a maximum of 4 seconds at a stretch. The present system allows you to be hard stunned for 8 seconds. The most common complaint is to go to the box with a white bar and watch it drain away.

This would change the meta-game tremendously and BW would have to re-balance many aspects of the game to accommodate this change, which I don't even think is for the better to begin with. Do you really think people should be white-barred after eating one hard stun? Good players will punish you even faster and it'd probably be even tougher to kill healers.

So, which class do you play now?