What is the most powerful force user ever existed?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are just fan fiction. It's not real Star Wars. :cool:

You have a penchant for calling stuff "non-canon" because you don't like it. I find it humorous at times. :p

I would appreciate it though if you qualified your statements as personal opinion. It confuses the new or less aware folk around here.

You have a penchant for calling stuff "non-canon" because you don't like it.

How is accepting for truth only what i see in the movies,regarding characters from the movies,non canon?

Everything else like action figures,comics,novels and other such crap milking their popularity is just something i can't take seriously.It's no wonder why SW canon is such a mess.

We will see what is canon and what is not, in episode 7.

Edited by Kaedusz

only what i see in the movies

something i can't take seriously.

Personal bias. As much as you may see the EU as frivolous, incoherent, and poorly formed it is still canon for the Star Wars Universe. You have no say in what is or isn't canon, that was the job of George Lucas and now Leland Chee.

Feel free to make personal preference known, but do not expect others to agree with or respect you. It is also preferable you mark your ideas as personal preference for the sake of people who might actually take a genuine interest in the EU and get confused by your semantic games of selfish preference. You may not like it, but others do enjoy the current EU.

And yes, when Episode VII is released I will accept the death of the current EU. Until then though any dealings in this forum (questions, debates, lore discussions) will continue with full usage of the current canon of the Post-RotJ era as we've been doing for well over a year now.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Personal bias.

For the purpose of our context,this has nothing to do with personal bias.A movie is going out and is going to cover those years,which means the so far created EU is in question or invalid.This is not bias.It's a fact.

Me not liking it,even before a movie was announced is a separate issue.

You may not like it, but others do enjoy the current EU.

And what does that mean? Do you mean to tell me ,people not liking certain things in SW,are not allowed to post in a random thread,while waiting for a fp pop?

Besides, basically anything that goes on in these forums is personal opinion and it goes without saying that most posts are ''personal bias'' except when we are talking about a select few canon statements.

(Also,nothing wrong with personal opinion/bias.)

Feel free to make personal preference known, but do not expect others to agree with or respect you. It is also preferable you mark your ideas as personal preference for the sake of people who might actually take a genuine interest in the EU and get confused by your semantic games of selfish preference.

Seems to me you are taking these forums too seriously.You need to either log in and play,or go outside.

Edited by Kaedusz

Seems to me you are taking these forums too seriously.You need to either log in and play,or go outside.

You fail utterly to understand my point. I was making the point that people who have little free time as is (like myself), would like to discuss the enjoyable world of Star Wars EU lore on their time off without your childish interruptions of "I don't like that!".

Sometimes I come here and wish to discuss things about SW. To do that we have to be discussing things with a relatively similar knowledge base to draw from. That is what canon is for, you are disputing the commonly accepted parameters for discussion. In doing so and acting as though what you say is law you don't contribute to discussion and detract from my (and perhaps other's) enjoyment of it.

Heck, why are you even here if you dislike the EU so much?

To add

For the purpose of our context,this has nothing to do with personal bias.A movie is going out and is going to cover those years,which means the so far created EU is in question or invalid.This is not bias.It's a fact.

I did say I'd agree when the movie was actually released and there was therefore some content to replace the EU. Right now, there is no such content and therefore there is no reason to toss the current EU. It is your opinion that the Eu sucks and it should be dropped as fast as possible, but it had yet to be actually retconned. It will be in the future, not yet.

And what does that mean? Do you mean to tell me ,people not liking certain things in SW,are not allowed to post in a random thread,while waiting for a fp pop?

Besides, basically anything that goes on in these forums is personal opinion and it goes without saying that most posts are ''personal bias'' except when we are talking about a select few canon statements.

(Also,nothing wrong with personal opinion/bias.)

I'm fine with that, go ahead and be biased and make dumb comments while you are bored, just stop fighting people on what is and isn't actually canon.

I'd appreciate it if you'd just clarify in your posts when you're using your own thoughts versus when you are actually talking about the Lucasarts/GL/Leland Chee established canon in the EU especially when the majority of discussions here deal in EU matters.

Except the part in which you describe what a bad person i am because i inconvenience you(lol) , everything else is basically a rehash of what you already said.My position is the same.

You are only annoyed by ''my childish interruptions'',because you know what i say about the post ep 6 EU is more or less true(it's validity,not that it's garbage).And yes you do seem to take all this issue too seriously,otherwise you wouldn't be so butt hurt.

Edited by Kaedusz

Except the part in which you describe what a bad person i am because i inconvenience you(lol) , everything else is basically a rehash of what you already said.My position is the same.

You are only annoyed by ''my childish interruptions'',because you know what i say about the post ep 6 EU is more or less true(it's validity,not that it's garbage).And yes you do seem to take all this issue too seriously,otherwise you wouldn't act all snotty and affronted.

I'm rehashing the same argument because it is still true and you don't seem to get it. I never called you a "bad person" (perhaps obnoxious at times) plus I don't believe that and while I came off snippy it certainly wasn't "snotty and affronted". However, why you're so bothered by my opinion, I do not know...

Misquoting me was a nice touch as well.

What I'm taking to seriously is this discussion with you. I do take the time, to sit down and write a response to you. That doesn't mean I'm taking it too seriously, I just have a few minutes to spare and nothing better to do.

Don't flatter yourself. :rolleyes:

Edited by StarSquirrel

However, why you're so bothered by my opinion, I do not know...

Yes, i am the one that started foaming at the mouth, telling you how you confuse SW newbies with heresies about the post ep 6 EU. :rak_grin:

Just leave it Star, the guy will probably unsub soon... hopefully.

Am i inconveniencing you too?

Edited by Kaedusz