Moderate your Facebook Page please

O_JohnnyBravo_O

The amount of swearing, negativity an trolling that is allowed to happen on the official SWTOR page is an embarrassment to the company.

It's certainly not a family based atmosphere with the amount of trolls, hate and arguments that happen in the comments of every single SWTOR post.

Please take control and moderate your Facebook page to allow it to be family friendly.

Constructive criticism is one thing but allowing people to simply reply with "My c**k" surely shouldn't be tolerated with the amount of children that play.

Thanks

TBH the game is rated at T for teen but the T&C's are not acceptable by anyone under 16 (although no-one knows that).

And i must say that most 13 year olds these days more than likely know more 'frowned upon' language than you and I put together.

And also if parents allow there children to play an mmo which is basically guaranteed to have people speaking bad language in the general chat. (and don't say profanity filter because there easily bypassable).

The other thing is that on facebook you must also be atleast 13 to sign up (legally) and again 13 year olds more than likely hear more colourful language in schools than anyone older ever did.

O and also moderating hundreds of comments on facebook is pretty much non-feasible

I apologize for scrutinizing your opinion but i have given you an honest reason to why that isn't feasible or unnecessary

Edited by welshnproud

If you don't like the facebook comments, nobody is making you view them. You even have to click the comments button to view them so no excuses. If you have kids who view it and unhappy at what they are viewing, well as the other poster said, it's nothing kids these days haven't heard before. Is it an embarrassment to EA/BW? Probably but it would be far more embarrassing to have news articles pop up about how EA are silencing their fanbased critics by removing comments.

F2P'ers feel like they should be able to contribute in the swtor.com forums and I partially agree.

However, if the comments on what Facebook brings as a free for all without moderation then I'm happy for the forums to be subscriber only.

I'm not against negative comments or criticism. I am against hate, bullying and whatever else these people bring to the Facebook fan page.

Note I call it a 'Fan Page' for those that say "You can choose not to view the comments" why should I? Why should I choose not to see what the 'fan' community is discussing about the game that I enjoy?

Do the people here defending some of the stuff on the Facebook comments page really condone the actions and the state of what that page is in at the moment?

I stopped looking at any face book updates, because it inevitably degenerates into "tortanic sucks, insert name of choice here rules (most often and most obnoxious - guild wars 2, which I have to admit was part of the reason I quickly soured on that game) it because the endless litany of this game is awful, this game is dead, blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda. its not even a strong language issue to me, personally. its the ridiculous degree of negativity on every. single update bioware makes.

You guys do Know EA/Bioware dont run the facebook pages right? its just someone like a dev etc very low within the company thats updates it etc like most of the FB pages, so BW/EA dont have a say on the page only the creator/admin does which again is a lower person so its his/her choice unless comments attract management etc to the social network page

its just someone like a dev etc very low within the company thats updates it etc

Perhaps 5 years ago you would be correct. But most large companies now have social media employees hired specifically to manage the companies social media news and sites. If anything this portfolio would come under the Community Managers so I would expect they would take control of it.

It is seriously tarnishing the reputation of SWTOR and Bioware with the filth that's allowed to be posted there with zero moderation.

The amount of swearing, negativity an trolling that is allowed to happen on the official SWTOR page is an embarrassment to the company.

It's certainly not a family based atmosphere with the amount of trolls, hate and arguments that happen in the comments of every single SWTOR post.

Please take control and moderate your Facebook page to allow it to be family friendly.

Constructive criticism is one thing but allowing people to simply reply with "My c**k" surely shouldn't be tolerated with the amount of children that play.

Thanks

Oh joy, one of these people... :(

Well i never look at the facebook page. infact i don't use facebook all that often except to talk to a few friends and family every now and again. But the internet is full of trolls and kid's who think it makes them look cool mouthing each other on social websites. Welcome to the internet.

Heres a picture of a cat riding a unicorn which has fire coming from its nose and the cat is holding a blaster pistol and theres a rainbow in the background..... and this is the normal stuff :p o and it also has minecraft land in the background. IT HAZ EVERYTHING!!!!! (including a nyan cat, glowing red eyes and a mario pipe)

Welcome to the internet

the only way to "moderate" face book is to start blocking people. Nothing says "we hate our customers" like letting word get out that you're blocking them from posting on your public shared media site.

While I think they're over-rambunctious on these forums, these are at least their forums. They have almost no control over facebook.

Edited by bahdasz