Darth Nyriss vs Darth Traya

LadyKulvax

Nyriss, and here's why:

Both don't have a significant number of combatative showings. However, Nyriss's is far more impressive. She managed to easily defeat the exile and scourge, the former managing to defeat Traya herself. Note that scourge is also considered an equal to Meetra by the omniscient narrator. She also has very potent force lightning, being able to leave people as charred husks.

There is a very strong debate to be had here, it is not nearly as simple as A > B so A > C there do appear to be strong circumstances involved here, like the Exile being able to wipe out the Triumvirate within the greatest Dark Side nexus in the galaxy and then for some reason barely beating Imperial Guards and getting defeated easily by Nyriss, not even attempting anything like Force Sever or her numerous Force Powers established in previous canon sources a lot of us here agreed with a theory I presented with a lot of evidence to back said theory up.

The Exile was able to walk across the surface of Malachor V and was only physically sick, she was not killed due to the exposure like so many other Jedi were, it is obvious that being an Echo of this very Dark Side nexus, gave her some form of protection.

We know the Exile was able to 'harness and unlock the full power of the Light Side of the Force' via her Enlightenment after the reconvening of the Jedi Council in Exile and was highly proficient in the use of Sever Force and many other very powerful abilities, yet not once is she seen using any of these abilities in the final days of her life.

We do know from the Revan novel that she felt the Dark Side 'surround' her after entering the atmosphere clearly feeling the effects of the miasma of Dark Side energy that covered the planet, we also know she had little time to recover from the nearly fatal journey upon Nathema, we also know that many other Jedi including Ben, Kyle, Yoda, Jaina and Mara-Jade all felt their connections to the Light Side diminish or in the most severe case in Kyle, turn completely to the Dark Side, the planet clearly had severe effects on Light Side users.

Simply put we came to the conclusion that the Exile's quite poor performances on Dromund Kaas were simply because she was 1.not 100% and 2.Simply couldn't use all of her powers.

Getting that A > B so A >C logic out of the way let us have some very serious debate here and some hefty comparisons of the two, I dont want the argument to boil down to, 1 beat the Exile, 1 was beaten by the Exile, as the circumstances aren't exactly clear and a good point is made that Traya can't use her dark variant of Sever Force A.k.A Force Drain on the Exile and thus had one of her most important powers stripped from her before the fight even began.

Edited by LadyKulvax

could that not just be Nyriss's power, or the Imperial guards whom were feared even by the dark council because of their martial prowess, that were also drawing on the emperor for strength? Meetra defeating those guards is an impressive martial feat in itself. BTW, where does it state her force abilities (would especially like the source for sever force:)) Edited by XSUPREMESKILLZX

could that not just be Nyriss's power, or the Imperial guards whom were feared even by the dark council because of their martial prowess, that were also drawing on the emperor for strength? Meetra defeating those guards is an impressive martial feat in itself. BTW, where does it state her force abilities (would especially like the source for sever force:))

None of that would explain at all why she used none of the abilities she had learnt in her previous journeys.

Also the Kotor CG gives her the abilities she is listed as having as do some other sources, her abilities are fairly well established on Wookieepedia as well.

It also doesn't explain why revan and the HoT managed to kick arse on said DS nexus. Revan at that time considered himself a jedi, so wouldn't his power also be diminished (not completely, but he would be very weakened)? Also, is it said anywhere that sever force has a limit? for example, could she just force sever someone as powerful as yoda/sidious/Luke? Edited by XSUPREMESKILLZX

It also doesn't explain why revan and the HoT managed to kick arse on said DS nexus. Revan at that time considered himself a jedi, so wouldn't his power also be diminished (not completely, but he would be very weakened)?

Revan can call upon either side of the Force and has done repeated times, the HoT had his mind shielded from Dark Side effects by the ghost of Master Orgus Din whilst Yoda, Jaina, Ben, Kyle and Mara-Jade all had migraines to full Dark Side corruption happen to them on the same planet.

im just gonna assume the HoT thing is a theory. the only time I remember Orgus Din saving you was after you had been the emperor's plaything for a few months.

If all Orgus Din did was snap you back out of it the Emperor would have just dominated your mind again, he didn't and couldn't, Scourge outright states that the HoT is the only one that could resist his mind control and the codex entry clearly states that Orgus Din basically built a shield that protects the HoT's mind from Dark Side effects.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Do we have any way to gauge Nyriss' abilities when she isn't on a planet strong in the Dark Side?

Let us please move on to this, I want this to be a direct comparison thread not an A > C logic comparison, who would genuinely win in a fight, Nyriss certainly seems to have the more powerful Lightning, but Traya has a lot of tricks up her sleeve.

Aside from being able to turn people into husks with Force Lighting and I guess her saber ability. Is there anything else Nyriss has done?

honestly you could say the same about traya and the whole draining the council members most of her feats seem to be potential in game feats or you might have to choose a dark side option which is non-cannon so???

honestly you could say the same about traya and the whole draining the council members most of her feats seem to be potential in game feats or you might have to choose a dark side option which is non-cannon so???

She has lots of established powers seen in in-game cutscenes which are canon and the KotOR CG solidified these Force Horror, Force Speed, Force Crush, Force Cloak, energy resistance, Force Scream, Force Lightning, Force Choke, Dark Healing, Shatterpoint, Telepathy.

Edited by LadyKulvax

He has lots of established powers seen in in-game cutscenes which are canon and the KotOR CG solidified these Force Horror, Force Speed, Force Crush, Force Cloak, energy resistance, Force Scream, Force Lightning, Force Choke, Dark Healing, Shatterpoint, Telepathy.

Force Horror= Don't see working

Force Crush= I guess maybe, depending if Traya can weaken her enough.

Force Cloak= Eh...it's a fight...though I guess it could do something.

Energy Resistance= Sounds and is described a lot like Force Barrier, why it has its own page....w/e, it'll do though.

Force Scream= Involuntary power, not really useful.

Other combat oriented powers I could see being more useful though.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Force Horror= Don't see working

Force Crush= I guess maybe, depending if Traya can weaken her enough.

Force Cloak= Eh...it's a fight...though I guess it could do something.

Energy Resistance= Sounds and is described a lot like Force Barrier, so suppose that'll do.

Force Scream= Involuntary power, not really useful.

Other combat oriented powers I could see being more useful though.

Honestly I was just pointing out that she definitely has canon abilities, she is not one of those characters with no forms or techniques established, just wanted to clear that up.

She has lots of established powers seen in in-game cutscenes which are canon and the KotOR CG solidified these Force Horror, Force Speed, Force Crush, Force Cloak, energy resistance, Force Scream, Force Lightning, Force Choke, Dark Healing, Shatterpoint, Telepathy.

KotoR CG? as in Card game isn't that still a game mechanic kind of thing.

KotoR CG? as in Card game isn't that still a game mechanic kind of thing.

No the Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide it was written as half sourcebook half rulebook for the KOTOR timeline, it's almost split into a two-in-one book, it is just as C-canon as anything else is.

Nah, the actual bonified characters have their own entire sections, it's not incorporated in that way, they dont involve building character sheets with that kind of stuff, like I said it's more like two books in one.

I realize that, but how does it list their powers? Bios and the like for the characters are canon, but stats and so forth wouldn't be.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_Campaign_Guide

Is what you refer to yes?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi