PvP experience... working as intended?

UGLYMRJ

While I'm enjoying gaining a level for every 4 war zones (Not an exaggeration), it's a little much. On my level 40 and my level 20 I'm gaining a little more than enough experience for a level. Personally I think it's too damn easy. I understand the need to make an easier leveling experience for the new F2P'ers but it's over the top. MMO's in my opinion are about a grind... working for rewards... and progression. They basically removed this.

On top of that... I'm normally getting far more experience for losses than I am for wins... broken?

We tested it last night and it was pretty consistent. Towards the end of the night we actually started throwing matches to get as much XP as possible thinking that last nights patch was going to fix the insane amounts of experience earned. I played a quick game before work this morning and it looks like we were wrong.

Still gaining enough XP for about 1/4 of a level. Looks like nothing changed with XP gained.

Working as intended? Hate it or love it?

Yeah, I dont know anyone who was asking for more xp in WZs... we all asked for more credits.

Chalk this one up to them not listening as usual....

they raise the WZ comm cap, then make xp so high you get half as many WZs before you ding 50. Brilliant.

Meanwhile, with even less WZs per level, and still no real income from it, we are going to be even more broke.

Yeah, I dont know anyone who was asking for more xp in WZs... we all asked for more credits.

Chalk this one up to them not listening as usual....

they raise the WZ comm cap, then make xp so high you get half as many WZs before you ding 50. Brilliant.

Meanwhile, with even less WZs per level, and still no real income from it, we are going to be even more broke.

Pretty much exactly why I don't like it... and of course I'm the kind of player that enjoys a grind. I thought it was too easy to level before these changes.

Could somebody explain this? I love pvp at low levels but I find it takes forever to level up. Do you get legacy perks or whatever? Plz explain how I can level up through pvp

Legacy perks + Cartel WZ XP boost = insanely quick leveling.

It was insanely broken yesterday (Level 47 char was getting me excess of 70k experience per warzone). They fixed that in this mornings patch though - it was something to do with the first legacy perk not working as intended.

Kudos to them for fixing it so fast, however I would like to see a small buff to the amount of xp gained in warzones now.

It was insanely broken yesterday (Level 47 char was getting me excess of 70k experience per warzone). They fixed that in this mornings patch though - it was something to do with the first legacy perk not working as intended.

Kudos to them for fixing it so fast, however I would like to see a small buff to the amount of xp gained in warzones now.

I only played one WZ this morning on my level 20 jug... still seemed a bit excessive. Approx 20K XP.

Damn... should have done lowbie pvp last night LOL

Legacy perks + Cartel WZ XP boost = insanely quick leveling.

I would advise not using the cartel XP boost if you want to get comms banked for 50. Now; if only there was a way I could turn off the legacy buff once purchased...

Outside of that, though; I actually like it on alts that I don't intend to bank comms on forever after playing 4 other toons to 50.

As a note, from what I've experienced, WZ XP is based on the length of the match. The reason it seems the matches you lose seem to give more XP is because you are destroying people when you win and barely losing when you lose. It happens to people who know what they're doing. I'm not sure if they've ever officially posted that anywhere, but I feel they have. I'm just too lazy to look for it right now.

As a note, from what I've experienced, WZ XP is based on the length of the match. The reason it seems the matches you lose seem to give more XP is because you are destroying people when you win and barely losing when you lose. It happens to people who know what they're doing. I'm not sure if they've ever officially posted that anywhere, but I feel they have. I'm just too lazy to look for it right now.

Could be true and maybe I'm just not paying attention. Definitely makes sense.

For real... I swear I'm part Korean cuz I love a grind... definitely one of the few who wishes the grind was much tougher.

....waiting for infraction points...

I mean, having a longer grind, you'll make more comms and money. I've just ground every class already, so a faster grind seems appealing to me.

I mean, having a longer grind, you'll make more comms and money. I've just ground every class already, so a faster grind seems appealing to me.

I've always liked a grind for the idea of top tier gear and min/max characters being more of a rarity. So the elite stand out instantly. As it is now there a tons of min/max players who are wasting their time to put it nicely. So much gear and so little skill.

So yeah... not only leveling but I wish the gear grind was tougher.

Edited by UGLYMRJ