5.0 Crew Skills Missing

Korrwyn

So I downloaded the new update for KotET. Have run one character up to chapter V, and no crew skills have shown up. I logged in another character who is not all the way through KotFE, and not only are there no skills, none of my companions show up in the list. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

K

Yes, crew skills have vanished. There goes a whole lotta time spent building and farming junk to reach the highest levels. Thanks, Devs. Brilliantly inept job, as usual.

And yet the blog about the new update has a section on crew skills being increased to 600 and new harvesting nodes for grade 10 materials on Zakuul, as well as grade 10 mats. So I'm thinking this might be just a glitch requiring a patch in the next day or so. But I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one seeing this as I have ticket in on some of my Absorb Augments not reverse engineering to the Advanced mats when they should.

K

I had my Crew Skills menu rebound to something other than "B" and they never popped up when I pressed the button they were assigned to or when I tried through the menu. I rebound the Crew Skills back to "B" then I finally got them to show up. Afterwards, I put the Crew Skills back on my previous keybinding and they still work.

Hope this helps anyone who rebound their default crew skills button like I did.

I had my Crew Skills menu rebound to something other than "B" and they never popped up when I pressed the button they were assigned to or when I tried through the menu. I rebound the Crew Skills back to "B" then I finally got them to show up. Afterwards, I put the Crew Skills back on my previous keybinding and they still work.

Hope this helps anyone who rebound their default crew skills button like I did.

I used B and the crew showed up, then I used the icon and the still showed up. So maybe it's just a graphic glitch or something. Anyway, thanks HelinCarnate for the tip.

K

yup confirmed. If you rebound the default key, then nothing shows up on the CS page.

And some characters apparently can't access the crewskills page from the menu clickies.

POSSIBLEWORKAROUND

if you go to keybinds and find the crewskills menu keybind, and re-bind it as something - such as one of your function keys, or something out of the way, apply, and okay, You can use that key to bring the page up and repopulate the crewskills, and advance them as normal. AFAIK they should all be at the level you had them before 5.0.

As with any key-bind setting you can always change it later and even import/export them to other characters.

---------------

---------------

IN CAPTAIN DUMMY TALK: :)

Press CTRL and P together for Preferences

2nd tab on the bottom is KEY BINDINGS click that.

Click interface on the left hand side menu.

The fourth bind option in the right hand pane is Toggle crewskills pane.

Click on the top box in that Row ( it might say "not bound" in red next to a yellow ' key 1: )

now press the new key you want to use for crewskills - such as a function key, or C or Whatever.

Click APPLY at the Bottom

Click OK at the bottom - this should close the pane.

now press the key you bound. - et voilà! the crewskills are repopulated and can be clicked as normal.

- IT would appear that the menu clickies don't work, but your keybind will. - Happy crafting!

-----------

-----------

Not sure it's the definitive solution, but I hope that helps.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Hit the B key and what did i see blank screen no comp pic and not even the 550 I have gotten on all my 65 toons and on some of mine I get to see the compains that have not started the story arch of part one. Was thinking of who would stay now that the DVL done and over with for now

Yes, crew skills have vanished. There goes a whole lotta time spent building and farming junk to reach the highest levels. Thanks, Devs. Brilliantly inept job, as usual.

20 years ago you wouldn't even be able to imagine a game of this magnitude. Odds are not everything is going to work 100% on day 1 of the expansion. I don't know what it is about computer games but I've never seen so many cry babies in my life.

yup confirmed. If you rebound the default key, then nothing shows up on the CS page.

And some characters apparently can't access the crewskills page from the menu clickies.

POSSIBLEWORKAROUND

if you go to keybinds and find the crewskills menu keybind, and re-bind it as something - such as one of your function keys, or something out of the way, apply, and okay, You can use that key to bring the page up and repopulate the crewskills, and advance them as normal. AFAIK they should all be at the level you had them before 5.0.

As with any key-bind setting you can always change it later and even import/export them to other characters.

---------------

---------------

IN CAPTAIN DUMMY TALK: :)

Press CTRL and P together for Preferences

2nd tab on the bottom is KEY BINDINGS click that.

Click interface on the left hand side menu.

The fourth bind option in the right hand pane is Toggle crewskills pane.

Click on the top box in that Row ( it might say "not bound" in red next to a yellow ' key 1: )

now press the new key you want to use for crewskills - such as a function key, or C or Whatever.

Click APPLY at the Bottom

Click OK at the bottom - this should close the pane.

now press the key you bound. - et voilà! the crewskills are repopulated and can be clicked as normal.

- IT would appear that the menu clickies don't work, but your keybind will. - Happy crafting!

-----------

-----------

Not sure it's the definitive solution, but I hope that helps.

That worked for me. Thanks!