No Grade 10 Slicing Lockboxes?

Lorise

i think this is a terrible decision. I think consistency is the key. It isn't like people are getting rich off the lockbox credits. I know I tried. It was the missions discoveries that make slicing worth the effort. Especially since the drop rate for level ten purple mats seems to be nil. My level 50 comps have gotten one crit return in 200 missions now.

I say very bad.

Especially since the drop rate for level ten purple mats seems to be nil. My level 50 comps have gotten one crit return in 200 missions now.

Pretty sure that's just bad luck, small sample size and all. I imagine no one's run enough slicing missions yet to say with any certainty whether or not the crit rate is screwy. FWIW, seems like the grade 10 purples have been dropping for me more or less as frequently as the grade 9's were.

Re: the OP - well, I guess I'll never have to bother running lockbox missions again.

Overall I think it's lame just b/c lack of consistency. Slicing lock boxes were nerfed in 1.x and weren't really much of a factor (from a mission point of view). A few people (none of whom seemed particularly reputable) complained, so there was a lot of forum drama (likely carryover from the TH lockbox arguments). IMO, this won't affect Slicing noticeably, since payouts were nerfed back in 1.x and the missions seemed heavily weighted towards Investigation, Diplomacy, Underworld Trading, and Treasure Hunting. I.e., while it was nice to occasionally get a grade x slicing mission, you still had a better chance of getting grade x slicing mats from running missions directly.

Hopefully there will be grade 10 lockboxes at slicing nodes (and it would be interesting if grade 10 missions drop on a crit). I haven't played much, but in kotet chapter 1 I haven't seen a single node of any sort (may be a bug), and reports from other players are that (unlike what BW posted) there are no grade 10 nodes in kotfe areas -- rather, the existing grade 9 nodes have a (low) chance of dropping grade 10 mats, but no direct confirmation of slicing node behavior.

i think this is a terrible decision. I think consistency is the key. It isn't like people are getting rich off the lockbox credits. I know I tried. It was the missions discoveries that make slicing worth the effort. Especially since the drop rate for level ten purple mats seems to be nil. My level 50 comps have gotten one crit return in 200 missions now.

I say very bad.

VERY bad luck because with a mix of influence rating 20 to 50 I have gotten over 20 crits and 50+ purple mats with less than 100 (qualifying) missions run

definition of "qualifying": remember only rich and bountiful missions generate purple mats and orange difficulty reduces the base crit chance to 10%. Point being that while leveling the skill to 600 the opportunities for purple mats is GREATLY reduced. So the first 10 or so missions per character will never generate purple mats and even once you unlock bountiful and rich missions your chances to crit are less than "normal"

protip: while leveling a mission skill like slicing if you want purple materials more than skill points you are better off running yellow difficulty bountiful missions than orange rich missions.

Edited by psandak

Also interesting is that TH (which had to have it's lockboxes nerfed during 4.x) has Grade 10 lockboxes. Very unfair! Crooked Bioware!

Yeah but those lockboxes are crap.

I'm just upset about the lack of consistency more than anything else. Spent hours of your time leveling up a skill because you were smart enough to understand it's profitable? Guess what, now that you maxed it out we removed the main reason it's good.

Either remove slicing lockbox missions entirely or bring them to grade 10, no middle ground.

I too was wondering where the Grade 10 slicing lockbox missions are. They did not say that they would be removed in the Patch Notes, correct?

They were a great way to get purple missions....

Please confirm if this is a bug or intended change.

How do we even GET bountiful missions now? I thought the only way was by doing slicing lockbox missions.

You get them very rarely when you do the grade 10 boxes on Zakuul/Darvannis. And I do mean very rarely.

I've only gotten 1 mission drop since 5.0 went live.