Video card to play on high

Chrismilk

When I asked the same thing, both guildmates and responders here suggested the Geforce GTX 650 Ti almost across the board. I ordered it online yesterday and I'll pop in to tell you if it works once I've installed it. It was $179. Edited by Thylbanus

When I asked the same thing, both guildmates and responders here suggested the Geforce GTX 650 Ti almost across the board. I ordered it online yesterday and I'll pop in to tell you if it works once I've installed it. It was $179.

my gtx 560 TI works perfect with all on high.

yours should too even if a bit slower

Check out this blog it might help.

For someone who doesn't fully understand that is a lot of information. One of the things that I have found can improve the performance greatly with the video card;

If you have a Good CPU, above 2.4Ghz decent bench mark and multi-core. Go for an nvidia card, the ones stated here, 560 Ti is a good solid card but your ATI card mentioned will also be OK. Will run the game at Max settings with a couple of control panel tweaks to help.

But if your CPU is, on the older side, then an nvidia card can help, reason is, offloading the physics processing from the CPU into the GPU will leave more room on the CPU for processing the TCP stack which can get hectic to say the least in high population areas. This is due to nvidias PhysX processing on the card. With a lot of the physics processing being optimised for this as well. AMD doesn't have this on the cards and subsequently means all of that processing is moved to CPU.

I only know this because I had a 2.4GHz Quad Core and a 570GTX OC this configuration enabled me to run max settings, except fleet would bog down and other areas would also cause problems, 8man and 16 mans ops, PvP battles, number of people, the amount of effects all take its toll. I switch the PhysX from Auto to GPU and it improved things a little

I upgraded to an i7 3.5GHz, and granted it meant I needed to upgrade a few more components as well, that move has given me more than perhaps upgrading to a 680 card on the old machine.

Ok, my 650 Ti is installed, ran for a total of 13 hrs yesterday (not in a row, I don't play when the kids are home/awake and I stayed up WAY too late). All settings set to high, all options turned on, ran at 58-60 in instances, 54-59 on moderatly poplulated worlds, 49-55 on full fleet, and only had a dip into the 30s while riding a Thranta through the forest of Alderaan and openning up my legacy window character tab.

Mind you I still have nameplates turned off on everything but enemy faction players, and when I ran Ilum, I did notice a drop when I ran across an enemy player, but it was so quick, I didn't see what it dropped to.

BTW, EA, you have a beautiful game here, it's a shame that you have to have such up-to-date equipment to even appreciate it properly. Kudos to the design department and code monkeys (where ever they may be). This was almost a whole new game going from low-med settings to max. I actually got lost on Belsavis (after running dalies and weeklies for the last two months) because I didn't recognize where I was. And died more than once appreciating the view.

Edited by Thylbanus

I was thinking of getting an AMD HD7770 to play this game on high. Its around $110 where I live.

I'm on a budget so this card is the only option.

Is it worth the upgrade over my 520 GT??? I only play SWTOR and Skyrim.

I was also faced with the budget issue (and sometimes when someone says $110 is my budget, suggesting a card that's even just a bit outside that isn't feasible) and managed to pick up a HD 7750 within my limited budget. I run on high at around 50-60 fps, even in WZ.