2.4 will revolutionize pvp

EnzoForMe

And by that I mean ranked 8v8 is being removed from the game.

It was fun while it lasted but his game is being managed by imbeciles. This is a major slap in the face to anyone that transferred for 8v8 ranked. At any rate, I'm now unsubbed. We have no open world, and now no 8v8. Ranked has now become regs with ranked comms.

GL to all that stick around and I hope you can enjoy MMO arenas because I can't unless they are supplemental.

Edited by EnzoForMe

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So long, it was fun while it lasted but his game is being managed by imbeciles.

WHAT? im sad for this too.

All that time setting up your sweet huttball macro and you cant use it anymore :(

So long, it was fun while it lasted but this game is being managed by imbeciles.

Pretty much, this is the dumbing down of PvP. Say hello to 'Voidstar" 24/7. Still, accessibility to ranked PvP will be great now...and the fact they are including matchmaking based on rating is huge. It's not all bad, but some of it is just...meh.

Pretty much, this is the dumbing down of PvP. Say hello to 'Voidstar" 24/7. Still, accessibility to ranked PvP will be great now...and the fact they are including matchmaking based on rating is huge. It's not all bad, but some of it is just...meh.

There's simply no reason not to just leave it in place, even if it isn't updated. And I like how this wasn't mentioned back when they hyped up 2,4

I cant believe you guys are serious.

Please tell me you guys are joking, Alba, Pistols, someone show up and tell me this is a troll post.

The changes to how PvP (ranked or not) works are prolly the greatest thing they have made to this game.

8v8 just doesnt work, at least in the current state in the game. You guys complain about 24/7 VS, but its the current standard format of PvP that creates frustating PvE-like matches. They are getting rid of it, thats a good move.

The only reasonable criticism you can make is that they still backed off from xserver which IMO is essential, even with 4v4 being the prime competitive format.

Please tell me you guys are joking, Alba, Pistols, someone show up and tell me this is a troll post.

The changes to how PvP (ranked or not) works are prolly the greatest thing they have made to this game.

8v8 just doesnt work, at least in the current state in the game. You guys complain about 24/7 VS, but its the current standard format of PvP that creates frustating PvE-like matches. They are getting rid of it, thats a good move.

The only reasonable criticism you can make is that they still backed off from xserver which IMO is essential, even with 4v4 being the prime competitive format.

You're kidding. Right?

How in hell is removing everything but 4 man arenas for ranked queues a good thing? 8v8 works fine, especially on this server.

Edited by Jherad

Lol 10/10 would bang

The right solution would be to tweak the existing warzones. Not throw them out.

This is a solution that I guess is better then what exists now, but it's not the "right" decision. Nor do I see the harm in leaving 8 man in place. Especially when they clearly knew this would take place, and didn't "lube" people up to the prospect.

Finally, a nice bait and switch for all the people who transferred from their dead ranked servers to Bastion and Pot5 for actual competition. EA says "Thanks for the money, suckers!".

Do you not think if folks knew 8 man was being phased out, that these people would have still left their communities? When, in October, they can freaking ranked solo queue for arenas?

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to have all of these great pvpers come over and make my server (and me) a better player...but I say this knowing I didn't drop 20-50 bucks on getting here.

Edited by islander

Hold on. Let me put this another way. 8v8 RWZs were such a failure that you had to transfer to another server to even access the game type. How can you even think with a straight face that people want 8v8. It suffers from irrelevancy and a simple lack of interest/participation. Moreover removing a game type that makes people feel as if they are required to server transfer is not even a little bit stupid. The small handful of players that whine whenever something is announced will get over it and find something new to whine about. Life goes on.

As for server transfers, that's the beautiful thing about free will. People got what they desperately wanted and now they are deciding they didn't want it because of a change that can't retroactively ruin your experience. It's August. You have 2 months till 2.4, get all the 8v8 in you can stomach before burning out and coming back to try arenas.

The right solution would be to tweak the existing warzones. Not throw them out.

This is a solution that I guess is better then what exists now, but it's not the "right" decision. Nor do I see the harm in leaving 8 man in place. Especially when they clearly knew this would take place, and didn't "lube" people up to the prospect.

Finally, a nice bait and switch for all the people who transferred from their dead ranked servers to Bastion and Pot5 for actual competition. EA says "Thanks for the money, suckers!".

Do you not think if folks knew 8 man was being phased out, that these people would have still left their communities? When, in October, they can freaking ranked solo queue for arenas?

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to have all of these great pvpers come over and make my server (and me) a better player...but I say this knowing I didn't drop 20-50 bucks on getting here.

I'm pretty sure anyone that moved was bored with ALL (ranked and reg wzs) aspects on their original server and were looking for better PvP players in general.....which I hope they found since that's what they paid for!

I'm pretty sure anyone that moved was bored with ALL (ranked and reg wzs) aspects on their original server and were looking for better PvP players in general.....which I hope they found since that's what they paid for!

I hope so too, but I'm not going to pretend to speak for people who spent money and just got bait/switched to some degree.

:rak_02:

Hold on. Let me put this another way. 8v8 RWZs were such a failure that you had to transfer to another server to even access the game type. How can you even think with a straight face that people want 8v8. It suffers from irrelevancy and a simple lack of interest/participation. Moreover removing a game type that makes people feel as if they are required to server transfer is not even a little bit stupid. The small handful of players that whine whenever something is announced will get over it and find something new to whine about. Life goes on.

As for server transfers, that's the beautiful thing about free will. People got what they desperately wanted and now they are deciding they didn't want it because of a change that can't retroactively ruin your experience. It's August. You have 2 months till 2.4, get all the 8v8 in you can stomach before burning out and coming back to try arenas.

I don't whine whenever something is announced but thank you for the speech.

The 6 or 7 guilds active in the ranked q since xfers have generally had a fun time with ggs. Sorry you couldn't make it.

The system wasn't perfect primarily due to overturned healing, but that's a much less drastic change then scrapping the entire system.

Edited by EnzoForMe

How in hell is removing everything but 4 man arenas for ranked queues a good thing? 8v8 works fine, especially on this server.

Absolutely not. Getting rid of 8v8 is quite possibly the single greatest thing BW has done for PvP if they wish to see their game survive in the longrun. Ranked Warzones was a complete failure (as I've said many times in several threads) The design basis was doomed to fail.

Sup Believer, long time no see mang.

I dunno, I enjoyed the 8 vs 8 PvP, despite the fact a lot of the wins came from PvE, or long drawn out fights but still was fun. I do agree the PvP teams were at an all-time low, I just don't agree with any PvP content removal. I think most were hoping that the 8 man Ranked scene would get some more developmental love, as opposed to nothing at all. I think Arenas will be an awesome hit, but with EA's track record of how often they update a PvP aspect, I doubt they will ever deliver. PvP team is bad, undermanned & PvP is not a priority in this game. Totally agree with x-server bro, but again Hero engine FTL. I was on my way out anyways, but this makes it easier for me...

Good to see ya though mang, and best of luck.

Edited by Pistols

:rak_02:

I don't whine whenever something is announced but thank you for the speech.

The 6 or 7 guilds active in the ranked q since xfers have generally had a fun time with ggs. Sorry you couldn't make it.

The system wasn't perfect primarily due to overturned healing, but that's a much less drastic change then scrapping the entire system.

No apology necessary, I got the ranked games I wanted and I'm ready for arenas.

No apology necessary, I got the ranked games I wanted and I'm ready for arenas.

Have fun with them. I am unsubbed. FPS have always done arenas better than MMOs. For proof see the money in it.

At any rate I will no longer be posting on these forums. Gl and hf.

Edited by EnzoForMe

Absolutely not. Getting rid of 8v8 is quite possibly the single greatest thing BW has done for PvP if they wish to see their game survive in the longrun. Ranked Warzones was a complete failure (as I've said many times in several threads) The design basis was doomed to fail.

What BW implies with this move is that rated WZs are more broken than bolster.

Why in your opinion are RWZs a complete failure? Is it because of the community? Is it because there is a lack of incentive? I'm very curious because I completely disagree with your statement.

I am exceptionally excited about the changes. Sorry, but arenas would have killed off 8v8 rateds anyways. Arenas are more convenient, easier to manage, and the rating will actually be more in line with an individual's skill. With that in mind, the best players will STILL be the best players.

Or, similarly, that they have no plans (or capability) of implementing cross-server queues. Ever.

Because to me, the core reason they are being removed, is specifically because they are going to implement ranked matchmaking based on ratings...which is fundamentally a good thing....but Bioware figures by filtering opponents in 8 man's by average rating, the queue pops will be crazy long again...and people will complain about that.

Because to me, the core reason they are being removed, is specifically because they are going to implement ranked matchmaking based on ratings...which is fundamentally a good thing....but Bioware figures by filtering opponents in 8 man's by average rating, the queue pops will be crazy long again...and people will complain about that.

But its easy enough to throw the matchmaking system onto the 8-man queue.

More than 2 groups in queue? Great, working as intended. If there's an odd-team out do an non-matched game for them... (see below)

Only 2 groups in queue with wildly different ratings? Big whoop, play them anyway because thats how its always been anyway and we're used to it. If you can't handle being sh** on by a superior team, then you probably don't have the mental fortitude to do serious ranked play anyway.

Nobody in queue? System flashes a message and boom, whatever, switch back to arena where you'll get a pop in minutes. No harm done.

Why in your opinion are RWZs a complete failure? Is it because of the community? Is it because there is a lack of incentive? I'm very curious because I completely disagree with your statement.

It's pretty glaring. Going off what I've seen there are maybe 200 rated players on pot5 (that's probably even a bit generous) and I'm led to believe that we have one of the better servers in this respect. Assuming 500k subs and 8 NA servers we're talking a low estimate of 50k subbed players per server. These aren't necessarily accurate numbers but a guess based on their last quarter report. That's .4% of the playerbase involved in ranked warzones. It's not all gravy among that .4% either, there are widely varying cliques and skill strata competing to lessen it further. The gametype can be a lot of fun and maybe in another world it would have succeeded. It's a numbers failure, Bioware alluded to as much.

It's pretty glaring. Going off what I've seen there are maybe 200 rated players on pot5 (that's probably even a bit generous) and I'm led to believe that we have one of the better servers in this respect. Assuming 500k subs and 8 NA servers we're talking a low estimate of 50k subbed players per server. These aren't necessarily accurate numbers but a guess based on their last quarter report. That's .4% of the playerbase involved in ranked warzones. It's not all gravy among that .4% either, there are widely varying cliques and skill strata competing to lessen it further. The gametype can be a lot of fun and maybe in another world it would have succeeded. It's a numbers failure, Bioware alluded to as much.

and that has nothing to do with pre-season one for a year? That has nothing to do with random DCs in rated matches ONLY? That has nothing to do with re-skinned gear for time spent? That has nothing to do with a broken points system? That has nothing to do with ZERO incentive to run rated?

There is no reason for less competitive players to put time into a system that has NO rewards. NOTHING. All of that aside it is retarded to remove any amount of content from this game, but its pretty obvious that BW does not care.

But its easy enough to throw the matchmaking system onto the 8-man queue.

More than 2 groups in queue? Great, working as intended. If there's an odd-team out do an non-matched game for them... (see below)

Only 2 groups in queue with wildly different ratings? Big whoop, play them anyway because thats how its always been anyway and we're used to it. If you can't handle being sh** on by a superior team, then you probably don't have the mental fortitude to do serious ranked play anyway.

Nobody in queue? System flashes a message and boom, whatever, switch back to arena where you'll get a pop in minutes. No harm done.

It's a circular argument on some level.

I'm just addressing the likely rationalization behind the decision, that's all.

They are barely used now, and this'll be even less in October.

I agree that it should be left in place, let the people who still want them use them. It's a cost cutting measure. Thanks for the 18 month "pre-season" Bioware :)

Edited by islander