Channels for Ops pugs?

Arrayl

/cjoin thehub

/cjoin allies

I stopped pugging ops a while ago, as the game's activity dies it gets harder and harder to fill a group. Especially one actually capable of clearing content.

But people still pug. I know Bastila does on pub side.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Yup everyone knows about it. I only know of one good channel for HM/NiM pugging. What thehub used to be.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. So far from friends I've heard of failed EV HM First boss runs... KP failed runs... I was just in a uber fail TFB HM run w/25 minute explanation and after I left, I got told "F-You".... It seems a lot of people that are capable of SM content only (Which is perfectly fine) going outside their skill cap....

It’s not always a matter of capability. PUGs will rarely have the coordination and chemistry to perform harder content unless a good chunk of the PUG group is over geared. PUGs will also have a higher concentration of people who are not nearly as familiar with the small nuisances of an encounter, not to mention the entire instance itself. I’ve seen many a group wipe because 2-3 members of the group took action and expected the rest of the pug to follow suit yet nobody knew what was going on other than those 2-3 members. There are multiple strat’s for most encounters and PUGs have the greatest chance for chaos.

With that said, with the game on the decline, pugging is the only option some people have for running OP content. Very few guilds are recruiting and those that are generally aren’t running ops, at least not ops of higher end content. Group finder is useless as very few people queue. So if you’re someone like myself and want to see some OPS and enjoy the game, then pugging is what you’re forced into. “Thehub” and “allies” were/are a good idea, but their usefulness has also taken a toll as fewer and fewer people are willing to have the patience to deal with the newer / less experienced players.

It’s not always a matter of capability. PUGs will rarely have the coordination and chemistry to perform harder content unless a good chunk of the PUG group is over geared. PUGs will also have a higher concentration of people who are not nearly as familiar with the small nuisances of an encounter, not to mention the entire instance itself. I’ve seen many a group wipe because 2-3 members of the group took action and expected the rest of the pug to follow suit yet nobody knew what was going on other than those 2-3 members. There are multiple strat’s for most encounters and PUGs have the greatest chance for chaos.

With that said, with the game on the decline, pugging is the only option some people have for running OP content. Very few guilds are recruiting and those that are generally aren’t running ops, at least not ops of higher end content. Group finder is useless as very few people queue. So if you’re someone like myself and want to see some OPS and enjoy the game, then pugging is what you’re forced into. “Thehub” and “allies” were/are a good idea, but their usefulness has also taken a toll as fewer and fewer people are willing to have the patience to deal with the newer / less experienced players.

The first point you make is directly related to the player quality of the pugs. while there are different strats for each fight the better a player is the more they have probably run it, the more they have run it the more familiar with different strats they probably are. What the OP was really asking for is a channel where people are experience with the hm/nim raid can group up with other people who know the same stuff. Sure there is always risk that the group will fail but if the channel is handled the right way then if it could be exactly what is need. a way for people to do actual content on their own guilds off nights.

Part of the issue with Allies/Thehub is how diluted the channels have become. the very fact that they are posted on open forums means they are open for anyone. That means people no longer really have faith in the groups forming in there actually being good. If channels are controlled to the point where anyone in there as the skill to run at least the more difficult HMs then groups are more willing to pug them since there is a more reliable pool of players. While the decrease of the player pool means there is less people then was i still think there is plenty of people if they trust you.

Side point to lukimis i would be very interested in speaking with you about that channel as i haven't played much on pubside outside of guild lately. mail Ismarralda in game if you would plz

With that said, with the game on the decline, pugging is the only option some people have for running OP content. Very few guilds are recruiting and those that are generally aren’t running ops, at least not ops of higher end content. Group finder is useless as very few people queue. So if you’re someone like myself and want to see some OPS and enjoy the game, then pugging is what you’re forced into.

This, and even then it's difficult to find enough people for a pug.

~ Eudoxia

Yeah, it's pretty bad. So far from friends I've heard of failed EV HM First boss runs... KP failed runs... I was just in a uber fail TFB HM run w/25 minute explanation and after I left, I got told "F-You".... It seems a lot of people that are capable of SM content only (Which is perfectly fine) going outside their skill cap....

I've experienced some of that pugging but more often the group is able to clear the op. Perhaps not as quickly and efficiently as a regular group, but a clear is a clear. Hm Ops are still pretty pugable if you are on during primetime and if you are flexible about what role you can bring to the group.

I'd be interested in knowing of a more select chat for pugging harder content as well, I enjoy doing the hm ops but really don't have the schedule to commit to a group and I don't want to progress on nim anymore. If you guys need achieves I can provide that too.

alrught, if there aint one, why just dont make few people responsible for creating one? i can do that, so put a post on the forum somewhere with list of people who you can ask for this channels (like send them in game mail or something) and they can inspect if you are good enough for that channel etc. considering this never goes on public. just mails/ pms.

this may be a good idea tho it can be a little too late as the server population has decreased a lot and the quality of the majority of players makes me sad.

i wish BW team will think again and ADD new NIM content as well as new ops, as this will bring the HAM players back, and if the content will be hard enough it will jeep them for a while (eh)

well anyway

There is one, we don't post it publicly.

~ Eudoxia

I figured it would never be posted publicly (would ruin the point of an exclusive chat then). I just didn't know who to contact, I'll message you when I manage to catch you online.