Deserter debuff for leaving warzone

Dimbo

Can you please give us an update on when a Deserter debuff for leaving warzone is coming? People leave the match early in a game because a team goes down 1-0 in Huttball or get 2 capped in Alderaan. People leaving with no penalty sets the others in the group behind and IMO is a form of griefing. Can you please give the community an update on this and make it a Priority. You have it for group finder why not warzones?

Can you please give us an update on when a Deserter debuff for leaving warzone is coming? People leave the match early in a game because a team goes down 1-0 in Huttball or get 2 capped in Alderaan. People leaving with no penalty sets the others in the group behind and IMO is a form of griefing. Can you please give the community an update on this and make it a Priority. You have it for group finder why not warzones?

Thanks to the buggy code, people get d/ced a whole lot more from wzs than FPs/Ops.

Would you like to get punished for EAware's incompetence?

Thanks to the buggy code, people get d/ced a whole lot more from wzs than FPs/Ops.

Would you like to get punished for EAware's incompetence?

The system can tell the difference between a person dropping from the server and a person deliberately hitting a "Leave Warzone" Button.

One should be ignored. The other is a coward that is penalizing the rest of the PvP community.

The system can tell the difference between a person dropping from the server and a person deliberately hitting a "Leave Warzone" Button.

One should be ignored. The other is a coward that is penalizing the rest of the PvP community.

Maybe that coward is someone who's playing during off hours and pugging and is tired of playing with teammates that can't focus healers, wear pve gear, or any other of the plethora of mistakes bad players make... Like I said before, as soon as a WZ is created that minimizes the impact of one retard playing poorly equaling an automatic loss and players are allowed to choose their warzones, a deserter debuff is unnecessary.

It's coming as soon as they let people choose which warzone to play and when they put in a solo only queue. i.e. Bioware "soon" i.e.: never.

As all the premades say, make some friends it's an MMO. That way you too can roll over PUGs all day and not care about drops.

Maybe that coward is someone who's playing during off hours and pugging and is tired of playing with teammates that can't focus healers, wear pve gear, or any other of the plethora of mistakes bad players make... Like I said before, as soon as a WZ is created that minimizes the impact of one retard playing poorly equaling an automatic loss and players are allowed to choose their warzones, a deserter debuff is unnecessary.

This.

I can't tell you the number of times that I've gotten the same WZ over and over again and after the 3rd time it's boring. If I'm tired of Huttball, guess what, I'm not going to stay in a Huttball match.

Also, if I'm in a CW or a DC and players absolutely feel the need to leave a node undefended, letting it get capped in the process, so that they can play Rambo I'm not going to hang around then either.

You people trying to justify walking out on your team need to suck it up and act like adults. You aren't going to win every warzone, accept it. Sometimes, people with recruit gear will be on your team. It's ok, you had to gear up to once upon a time. Quitting teams because of "bad" teammates in no way helps you become a better player or helps the "bad" players get better either.

Deserter debuff is absolutely necessary to get this garbage under control.

When I do solo pug wz's I don't mind loosing even if its against a premade since I run premades most of the time anyway. But when my group is flat out bad, it makes it really hard to stick around and even then I might just because I know i'll get comms regardless. So sure give a deserter debuff but that's just gonna make more players prone to doing premades so they don't have to rage out of crappy groups and deal with a debuff. I of course could care less but apparently some individuals have had issues with premades ruining their solo gameplay and I honestly don't see this making that situation any better. Edited by Rilok_Singz

You people trying to justify walking out on your team need to suck it up and act like adults. You aren't going to win every warzone, accept it. Sometimes, people with recruit gear will be on your team. It's ok, you had to gear up to once upon a time. Quitting teams because of "bad" teammates in no way helps you become a better player or helps the "bad" players get better either.

I was in a WZ today with a 14k Sentinel in recruit gear. Normally, that's not a big deal if they listen. However, this individual felt the need to continually go charging off leaving a node undefended even after numerous people told him that he needed to stay.

It fell to a fully WH/EWH geared player with 21K HPS to node sit while the other individual continuously ran around dying. One individual like this is bad enough on a team, now imagine 2, 3, 4, or more of them running around like that and hampering your chances to win.

Players in recruit gear are not bad players, and players in WH are not necessarily good ones. The difference between bad and good is the ability to listen and learn. If you are on a team with individuals that are unwilling to listen or learn then you have just wasted your time and neither you, nor those other individuals, have become better players.

I was in a WZ today with a 14k Sentinel in recruit gear. Normally, that's not a big deal if they listen. However, this individual felt the need to continually go charging off leaving a node undefended even after numerous people told him that he needed to stay.

It fell to a fully WH/EWH geared player with 21K HPS to node sit while the other individual continuously ran around dying.

Good on them for forcing someone more capable of guarding it.

As next to useless as a fresh recruit can be, it's amplified when the team lacks the awareness as to leave one guarding an objective by themselves.

Edited by Couver

If you are good, teammates never leave wz with you.

So this just seems like baddie's cryin' :D

Edited by TonyDragonflame

As next to useless as a fresh recruit can be, it's amplified when the team lacks the awareness as to leave one guarding an objective by themselves.

This may be the most ignorant post about guarding. Every class hs the tools to survive extended periods of time. Today I was guarding an off turret on my 15k rage guardian. I was attacked multiple times. Because of early calls and being aware I didn't come close to losing that turret. With the proper use of slows, cc's, and kiting any player should be able to at least survive long enough, recruit gear or not.

Imagine if the sentinel used awe, stasis, rebuke, pacify(assuming ranged or melee damage), force camo, and GBTF all at seperate times. You don't think he could guard a turret?

Edit: Guarding is about surviving. Not winning one on one.

Edited by DeepFreese

Total Bull. I don't see why I should stick around in a warzone when you have top quality stupid people who are unable to call incoming - despite being told, guard a node - or are THAT stupid, they get sucked out and ninja capped behind them.

Why should I waste my time? If people want to learn, or need to educate themselves, there's enough guides on the forums, on youtube and other places but I guess they are either too lazy or too stupid to learn it, or actually do something for themselves.

And until they have an option to select your warzone, I will ALWAYS quit Ancient Hypergates the second I see it.

You also don't understand that people don't always expect to win every game but as I explained to one idiot, there is a huge difference between losing and playing well and losing through stupidity. Don't like that, then go back to the Sims.

I've said it before and I will say it AGAIN(because these stupid threads keep popping by) -

We need a Warzone 'Lite' - with no capture objectives - just a warzone designed for stupid people who can run around and look at bright colours without having to worry about calling incoming just 'ooo I see red' +DING medal!

Ancient Hypergate has come close but it still requires some brain work to guard - a challenge for all too many people.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

Except when I say that he was running around dying that is, literally, all that he was doing. He never attacked with a group and was continually attempting to attack nodes on his own. When directions where given, he ignored them to do his own thing. At the end of the match his damage was about 40K and not a single kill nor defensive points to his name.

For all intents and purposes, he was a wasted PvP slot.

The fighting in that WZ was close enough that a freed up player in WH gear cranking out 300k, or more, worth of damage would have made a dramatic difference in how it turned out.

It might not be so aggravating if he had shown some sign that he understood, even a little bit, of what he was doing. But he didn't.

• 3 weeks later...
It's coming as soon as I can choose not to play huttball and when having one retard doesn't decimate your chances at a win.

Yes, just give us all a do not ever queue for huttball option and we won't have a deserter problem. :jawa_smile: