Solo Ranked?

MoobooMagoo

I tried searching for this, but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

What is the current status of solo ranked warzones? Last I heard they were coming with season 1 and cross server queues, but cross server is out right now so I was wondering if there has been any confirmation or not of solo ranked queues.

I tried searching for this, but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

What is the current status of solo ranked warzones? Last I heard they were coming with season 1 and cross server queues, but cross server is out right now so I was wondering if there has been any confirmation or not of solo ranked queues.

I was thinking about this yesterday after being in a pug that got spanked yet again by a premade unit farming coms despite the pugs being no challenge what so ever

I have come to conclussion solo ranked is a bad Idea.

I like the idea of ranked 4 mans and limiting grouped players to the non ranked at 2 per group

But solo ranked just means solo players farming rated coms

I think right now how slow it is to get rated via the non ranked warzones is perfect.

Warzones are about teamwork at their core so solo ranked defeats this purpose!

4 man groups a must for ranked but solo just makes it meaningless!

If you get good at teamwork, you will have no trouble finding a ranked 4 man unit

But you shouldnt be rewarded for solo PVP as it goes against the objective based wz concept.

I was thinking about this yesterday after being in a pug that got spanked yet again by a premade unit farming coms despite the pugs being no challenge what so ever

I have come to conclussion solo ranked is a bad Idea.

I like the idea of ranked 4 mans and limiting grouped players to the non ranked at 2 per group

But solo ranked just means solo players farming rated coms

I think right now how slow it is to get rated via the non ranked warzones is perfect.

Warzones are about teamwork at their core so solo ranked defeats this purpose!

4 man groups a must for ranked but solo just makes it meaningless!

If you get good at teamwork, you will have no trouble finding a ranked 4 man unit

But you shouldnt be rewarded for solo PVP as it goes against the objective based wz concept.

That's crazy. In the same token as you just said, I could then say, people who get their rated warzone armor through rated warzone's should only be allowed to play on rated warzones and are not allowed back into regular warzones because they achieved their armor quicker then the soloer's of this game.

The problem with warzone armor is not that it takes so damn long to get, the problem with the armor concept is that it's dependent on a group. If it's a group that you form, then you all have the same goal in sight. However, the group that the warzone puts you into, everyone has their own objective. So while you might be playing to win in order to get those rated comms, you have one or two or even three people who don't care about the objectives, who don't care about winning. All they want to do is run around and kill people. And your comms are dependent on those jerks. Armor should always be dependent on yourself and not on others, especially when those others have other goals then the one's stated by the game.

The other problem with the comms is the repetitive missions. It would have been much better to find a guild and raid once a week and be able to pick up one armor piece per every two weeks to 1 month for your class. At least you won't be board of doing the same repetitive crap over and over again (regarding Black hole gear here, not pvp gear).

But I stand by what you said, soloer's should not be able to do rated warzones. Therefore, people who received their rated warzone comm's and gear through rated warzones should not be allowed to play in regular warzones because they have an unfair advantage over the soloer's of this game.

in the gabe interview that was released like 2-3 days ago from Gamescom they said solo ranked queue is NOT coming anytime soon

says they MIGHT add something to the LFG tool that will pair you up with a group BEFORE you queue for ranked. they want to do this so people can get strategies and stuff down before being thrown directly into a ranked warzone

That's crazy. In the same token as you just said, I could then say, people who get their rated warzone armor through rated warzone's should only be allowed to play on rated warzones and are not allowed back into regular warzones because they achieved their armor quicker then the soloer's of this game.

That is all I needed to read. That is just a really dump Idea seeing that on my server you have to coordinate with other teams just so you do not have to wait hours to get a pop. Your idea could only work with X-server queues and they will not be out for sometime if ever.

In the same interview where we find out cross server has been shelved, we also find out that solo ranked will not be in season one. Gabe also enumerates all the problems with solo ranked and it sounds like solo ranked will not be implemented at all.

. He talks about solo ranked at about 3 minutes into the interview

Well considering what I have read about RWZ and the lack of teams queuing you might as well just include solo queues into the RWZ mix because from the sounds of it RWZ's are dead and will be for quite some time.

Biggest complaints:

1. Always the same 2 teams

2. Long queue times

3. Have to coordinate with another team to get matches

All I can say is those of you that didn't want solo's to queue for RWZ's got your wish.

And I'm thankful. If PvE'ers can spam for an 8 man HM run, there is no reason why those who want to run an 8 man Ranked, cannot do the same.

/end

I don't understand, why would you want people spaming general chat when there can be a system in place that automates this process and makes it 10x more efficient since it will search for allies and enemies of similar skill level? Also, no one is forcing you to use this option, you play the game how you want but I never understood people like you who want to deny others a pleasure simply because they don't personally like it.

I won't use solo queue either because I have a team with my guild, but I don't have a problem with it either and don't understand why it bothers people. It would just encourage more people to PvP.

Edited by Pahomi

I don't understand, why would you want people spaming general chat when there can be a system in place that automates this process and makes it 10x more efficient since it will search for allies and enemies of similar skill level? Also, no one is forcing you to use this option, you play the game how you want but I never understood people like you who want to deny others a pleasure simply because they don't personally like it.

I never said I wasn't fine with a system that works to get a group going for ranked. I'm all for that.

All I commented on was that I am thankful they are not looking into solo ranked queue's.

I never said I wasn't fine with a system that works to get a group going for ranked. I'm all for that.

All I commented on was that I am thankful they are not looking into solo ranked queue's.

Isn't that sort of an oxymoron? Your OK with a system that works to get a group of soloer's, pugs, together in order to have a ranked warzone, like a group finder. Yet you are against a solo que...which in essence is the same as a group finder that is grouping a bunch of soloer's, pugs, into a group for a ranked warzone :confused: honestly, isn't that the same crap?!?!?!?! It's still not a premade, it's just another Pug

Isn't that sort of an oxymoron? Your OK with a system that works to get a group of soloer's, pugs, together in order to have a ranked warzone, like a group finder. Yet you are against a solo que...which in essence is the same as a group finder that is grouping a bunch of soloer's, pugs, into a group for a ranked warzone :confused: honestly, isn't that the same crap?!?!?!?! It's still not a premade, it's just another Pug

Not an oxymoron at all. One way is a group of 8, which is how Ranked is intended. The other way is solo queue'ing, which is not intended. A Rank finder will at least allow a team to balance their classes. Solo queue'ing allows for the chance of no healers getting in...or 6 tanks....or just in general bad luck in group make-up. With a legitimate Rank finder mind you, people can at least optimize their group as needed, and perhaps discuss getting into voice comms or at the very least, chat about strategy beforehand. Solo queue'ing wouldn't help at all, period.

How many threads have you read about PUGS vs Pre-mades is bad? What in the name of Luke Skywalker, do you think will happen when 8 solo queue'ers go up against an organized Ranked team? At least with a Rank finder, you can somewhat round out the group, have a chance to get into voice comms and/or discuss strategy. That's a much better option than solo queue'ing. It may still be a PUG in a sense, but at least with some thought and planning, which is 100% more efficient than just throwing 8 randoms together.

My take on this is quite simple. Being an avid pvp’er who pugs probably 80% of the time, I had always envisioned a system that used some basic metrics to place me in groups with similarly “ranked” players. When it comes to what those metrics would be, I’m not 100% certain sure what makes sense but at the surface level you could use things like average medals earned per match, win percentage or maybe even expertise levels.

Point being, is that by doing this, I would be paired with players that POTENTAILLY could be of similar player skill/gear as me and ultimately make for more competitive WZ’s. People who know to call out inc’s, refresh class buffs and not to stand on the ledges in huttball. Not to mention what this will look like when the flood of F2P nub cakes roll in. So essentially, if based on a combination of factors my “rating” is say 1800, I could be paired with players who’s rankings are similar, say between 1600 and 2000.

And yes……I know of some obvious flaws that immediately stand out (and I’m sure there is a ton more):

1. Medal grinders exist, so using medals could skew ratings but I would be willing to bet that statistically there are more players who understand objectives and earn medals based on actual game play than by node hugging.
  2. 2. Using expertise levels as a factor could screw those who run full PVE gear for max stats/endurance in lieu of pvp gear (I saw a healer the other day who had a ton of endurance and had like 100 expertise and put up some pretty serious numbers).
  3. 3. You really can’t use valor as someone who re-roll’s might have an excellent comprehension of the game mechanics and professions but would be handcuffed because of such a low valor ranking

Sure sure, I know, “find 7 more friends to WZ with ya nub,” or “join a larger guild,” I get all of that. The solution is not that black and white unfortunately. It’s not just about finding 7 others, it has to be the RIGHT 7 others consisting of specific professions if you want to be truly competitive. But the reality of it is I think that somehow finding a way to subset pugs would benefit far more players than forcing them to assemble full 8 piece structured teams. Clearly the 8 man teams are still the most competitive and prestigious, I’m not trying to diminish the talent of the true team effort, but while waiting on queue pops on the fleet I inspect far more players with a “-“ in the pvp rank than with a number. And by this, it still should be 8v8’s if that’s what you queue with. I know there is no simple solution here, but there has to be a way to have individual AND group rankings. I kinda like the idea of the 4 man rankings, that’s much easier to put together by most guilds/groups and would still be a step in the right direction.

TL:dR is that there should be a way to group similarly skilled/geared players at all levels, it would make the experience more enjoyable by both parties. The lower ranked less experienced players would not get discouraged as easily because they are not getting insta-wtfpwned and the higher ranked players would not be dragged down by the guy who is running around in recruit gear with no class buffs.

My 3 cents on the matter.

The fix is making group finder work for ranked PVP groups to go into the ranked queue.

I also think it should at min try and balance teams based upon their sum of expertise.

I think it should balance groups by ranking. Once you get through the lowest ranks, you'll probably be matched up with somewhat skilled players, and face a decent team. I believe that progression could actually work in such a solo queue system.

Edited by sanchito

That is sad that is won't be in.

Also, why does everyone seem to hate this idea? It was my understanding that, originally, it was planned that ranked warzones would have two separate queues; one for groups and one for pugs.

That way you only have pre-mades going up against other pre-mades and pugs going up against pugs.

As I see it, this would make pvp so much better. The current system doesn't really get rid of pugs, it just makes it harder for them to get into the warzone.

Oh well, if it isn't going in then it doesn't really matter what I think about it.

I pretty much only solo que war zones And even I can see ranked solo is a stupid idea

Ranked is about teamwork and group composition

All these but hurt players Qing over premade groups molesting their normal warzones is pathetic

It's a mmo the pvp is designed around group play if you don't like groups or are to lazy to form one (like me)

You need to Just be happy doing normals or nutt up and make a group

Edited by denpic

I would very much like solo ranked WZs but not for ranked WZ commendations. I wouldn't care if they just replaced solo WZs with some kind of ranked system with the same rewards.

Sure there should be more prestige and better rewards for premade groups that excell at teamwork, communication and overall skill in PVP matches.

To me ranked solo WZs would be about reducing the chance of grotesquely mismatched teams or the chance that a team has members whose gear or skill level means that they are unable to contribute to the team effort.

And honestly it would probably really help out people who aren't great players. If someone's only victories have come from better players carrying them through matches then they're not learning anything. If they can survive for longer in the match then they can start to get a grasp on techniques and strategies that will make them better players.

Hopefully this is something that we will see in the future.

That is all I needed to read. That is just a really dump Idea seeing that on my server you have to coordinate with other teams just so you do not have to wait hours to get a pop. Your idea could only work with X-server queues and they will not be out for sometime if ever.

the idea he was responding to was dumb also. so he responded with a dumb idea. There is no reason to stop those who want to queue solo for rateds just like there is no reason to stop premades from queuing regular. Spamming general chat to get a group together is a F'n joke. It takes 45 minutes to get a group together then as soon as you lose a match 3 people quit, and back to spamming general chat. Not everyone's guild is a pvp guild. Not everyones friends like pvp as much as you. Not everyones guildmates are online at same time. But just because you fall into one or more of these categories doesn't mean you should be barred from partaking in Rated warzones. That bioware didn't implement solo queues even tho they said they would is why Rated warzones are dead on most servers.

Edited by Ssfbistimg

I pretty much only solo que war zones And even I can see ranked solo is a stupid idea

Ranked is about teamwork and group composition

All these but hurt players Qing over premade groups molesting their normal warzones is pathetic

It's a mmo the pvp is designed around group play if you don't like groups or are to lazy to form one (like me)

You need to Just be happy doing normals or nutt up and make a group

you sound like the type of person that only q's with 3 other guys because you suck unless unless u 2v1 someone. lmao please let me q with my friends because we sucked in ranked and need to beat up on pugs to feel good about ourselves.. thats exactly what you sound like.