Monthly CC injection

MouseNoFour

In your personal opinion, should the amount of CC received per month differ, according to your subscription chosen?

Since there are 3 different lengths of subscription - 1 month, 3 months and 6 months - do you think the monthly CC injection should differ according to which of the 3 lengths each player chose?

If yes/no, please provide your explanation below.

I do not wish for there to be an excuse for bioware pushing patches out as expansions for them to turn around and state that that is why we get the cc. The fact we cannot use the cc for anything but the junk on the cartel shop is something i do not wish to engage in.

For me if there is something on the cartel market that i want then i am willing to pay for my own cc coins to purchase it and have my full subscription go towards content that is free for subscribers. I do not wish to prop up the f2p market and think that the f2p players should prop it up themselves.

So for me i dont want free cartel coins no matter how many months i subscribe for. If they cannot do that then i will gladly take the difference value for said cartel coins and have the lower subscription costs per month instead.

Edited by Shingara

They already differ, I think it's to encourage players to sign up for 6 months instead of 1 month. 600 coins still isn't too much if you look at the prices for all the stuff, but after 5 months, you basically got an extra month worth of coins out of it.

The fact we cannot use the cc for anything but the junk on the cartel shop is something i do not wish to engage in.

I'm happy with the cartel coins, i used them for global unlocks (rocket boost, ship mail/repair/gtn) and species unlocks, and some cargo tabs.. if you decide to use coins for junk on shop then it's your own doing, who knows what will be added to the shop, or which unlocks will come in the future, the fact that YOU use it for junk doesn't mean we all do :p

I'm happy with the cartel coins, i used them for global unlocks (rocket boost, ship mail/repair/gtn) and species unlocks, and some cargo tabs.. if you decide to use coins for junk on shop then it's your own doing, who knows what will be added to the shop, or which unlocks will come in the future, the fact that YOU use it for junk doesn't mean we all do :p

You mean those things i paid to unlock with ingame credits before the cartel market.........................................

Also if you had kept my post in context you would see you have defeated yourself but ontop of that you counteract yourself again in your own reply to what i have already stated.

Edited by Shingara

You mean those things i paid to unlock with ingame credits before the cartel market.........................................

Also if you had kept my post in context you would see you have defeated yourself but ontop of that you counteract yourself again in your own reply to what i have already stated.

would you be so kind to rephrase what you are trying to say in people-english? I'm not Sheldon!

you did write that sentence right, so how is it taking it out of context?

i only stated that what you call junk others see as shinies :)

and if you got the unlocks with credits, good for you, others didn't.

what i also wonder, if you go to the shop and buy x-product and get free y-product with it, are you going to the manager and say 'i don't want y-product, please retract the value from x-product' ?

We pay our sub like before cartel market, nothing changed for us subscribers, so we have 'x-product'.

Now they are adding free 'y-product' because we buy x-product, and you don't want it...

Edited by Ifrica

I do not wish for there to be an excuse for bioware pushing patches out as expansions for them to turn around and state that that is why we get the cc. The fact we cannot use the cc for anything but the junk on the cartel shop is something i do not wish to engage in.

For me if there is something on the cartel market that i want then i am willing to pay for my own cc coins to purchase it and have my full subscription go towards content that is free for subscribers. I do not wish to prop up the f2p market and think that the f2p players should prop it up themselves.

So for me i dont want free cartel coins no matter how many months i subscribe for. If they cannot do that then i will gladly take the difference value for said cartel coins and have the lower subscription costs per month instead.

Well, just don't use them and hoard them untill something interresting does come up to buy with them. You aren't forced to use those free Cartel Coins given to you. Just like you aren't forced to use the free fireworks we got a few weeks ago, just like you aren't forced to use the Party Jawa, Founder Title if you have it, Hero Banner, whatever drop you get from some mob, companion customization you get on your class quest, you name it. By all means, feel free to not use it!

would you be so kind to rephrase what you are trying to say in people-english? I'm not Sheldon!

i only stated that what you call junk others see as shinies :)

and if you got the unlocks with credits, good for you, others didn't.

There is nothing i could type to reply that would prove your fault then your own reply, so i shall leave your reply as the reason your wrong.

Edited by Shingara

There is nothing i could type to reply that would prove your fault then your own reply, so i shall leave your reply as the reason your wrong.

how can 'an opinion' be wrong, it is 'my' opinion, if 'I' state what 'I' did with it, how can I be wrong then?

the referral to 'you' was an implication i made due to the way you posted your reply, and more so a generalisation towards many posters here. so once again, please tell me 'how' I'm wrong. I didn't know giving an opinion could be so offensive, you seem to take it pretty serious seeing your reply can almost be read insultive :p

how can 'an opinion' be wrong, it is 'my' opinion, if 'I' state what 'I' did with it, how can I be wrong then?

the referral to 'you' was an implication i made due to the way you posted your reply, and more so a generalisation towards many posters here. so once again, please tell me 'how' I'm wrong. I didn't know giving an opinion could be so offensive, you seem to take it pretty serious seeing your reply can almost be read insultive :p

The fact that you used one line and took it out of context of the post states that you based that opinion without the full facts, if you had read the entire post you would never have posted your reply in the 1st place.

Edited by Shingara

Well, just don't use them and hoard them untill something interresting does come up to buy with them. You aren't forced to use those free Cartel Coins given to you. Just like you aren't forced to use the free fireworks we got a few weeks ago, just like you aren't forced to use the Party Jawa, Founder Title if you have it, Hero Banner, whatever drop you get from some mob, companion customization you get on your class quest, you name it. By all means, feel free to not use it!

The only flaw there is the fact that whilst im not forced to use those ingame items i have no option but to get those coins as part of my subscription. that in itself gives Bioware an excuse to lower the service provided to subscribers.

The jawa/fireworks and founder title are simply for playing at a specific time, the banner is for purchasing a specific game. Ingame items cost no real money. Cartel coins have a mountery value and that is the difference and its with that monetry value that bioware can offset service.

It matter not if i can store them up as bioware can turn around with the exact same line but stating that they are giving you money back to lower there service which they have already done shown by the makeb patch.

Edited by Shingara

Cartel coins have a mountery value and that is the difference and its with that monetry value that bioware can offset service.

Except, they don't. They are an ingame currency you can obtain with external currency. However, you can not exchange your cartel coins for external currency, which basically means that the Cartel Coins do NOT have a monetary value. It's exactly the other way round: real life currency has a Cartel Coin value. And there's no exact exchange rate for that either, since it depends entirely on the amount being exchanged.

An X amount of dollars is worth a Y amount of Cartel Coins.

A Y amount of Cartel Coins is worth zero dollars.

Well, just don't use them and hoard them untill something interresting does come up to buy with them.

Oh like, let's say... Makeb? :rolleyes:

On one hand it's being argued that they are worth cash and reduce my "true" subscription costs to $10/month, on the other hand I'm unable to use them instead of cash. Something doesn't sit right with this logic.

I'd prefer a reduction of subscription cost to $10/month and buy the coins the moment I "need" them in the amount I "need" them.

Regarding the OPs question: Personally, I'm indifferent about the actual amount of mandatory CC coins (which they are if they're meant to reduce my subscription cost). I have no problem with people who commit longer getting them at a slightly better price, but it certainly isn't an incentive for me to commit for a longer period.

Edited by KyaniteD

Except, they don't. They are an ingame currency you can obtain with external currency. However, you can not exchange your cartel coins for external currency, which basically means that the Cartel Coins do NOT have a monetary value. It's exactly the other way round: real life currency has a Cartel Coin value. And there's no exact exchange rate for that either, since it depends entirely on the amount being exchanged.

An X amount of dollars is worth a Y amount of Cartel Coins.

A Y amount of Cartel Coins is worth zero dollars.

There are only 3 ways to get cartel coins, buying an authenticator, paying for a subscription, paying for them with real money. Anything on the cartel market has a real money value by seeing how much X item costs and how much x items value is from the exchange of real money to cartel money.

So no matter how many ways you try and fiddle, spin or work your way around it you have to spend money to get cartel coins. AKA they have a monetry value.

They take the subs and state you invest with us for X time and you will get X value of cartel coins for doing it. that there is a monetry value.

Oh like, let's say... Makeb? :rolleyes:

On one hand it's being argued that they are worth cash and reduce my "true" subscription costs to $10/month, on the other hand I'm unable to use them instead of cash. Something doesn't sit right with this logic.

I'd prefer a reduction of subscription cost to $10/month and buy the coins the moment I "need" them in the amount I "need" them.

Regarding the OPs question: Personally, I'm indifferent about the actual amount of mandatory CC coins (which they are if they're meant to reduce my subscription cost). I have no problem with people who commit longer getting them at a slightly better price, but it certainly isn't an incentive for me to commit for a longer period.

The reason why its not seeming like the case here is only due to one fact, hickman. As stated above the only way to get cartel coins is via an exchange of real money. Where other f2p games use there purchasable currency that the majority give there subscribers as part of subscription to purchase expansion big or small, that hickam has decided to paint both sides of the fence with the same brush. Or in other terms hand over fist.

He is trying to re define what a subscription is, no matter the value of what the competition do, he is a law upon himself and offering far lass value for money whilst showing with one hand and taking away alot with the other. And this is just the start as we have not seen space or any of the other well known planets that have tobe large in scale and probably on par with makeb. Then we have to look at mini games. within the subscription. i think probably not.

Edited by Shingara

In your personal opinion, should the amount of CC received per month differ, according to your subscription chosen?

Since there are 3 different lengths of subscription - 1 month, 3 months and 6 months - do you think the monthly CC injection should differ according to which of the 3 lengths each player chose?

If yes/no, please provide your explanation below.

Yes I think it is fair enough that you get more if you 6 month sub.

However I do think they are too low across the board compared to other games (and/or the Cashshop prices are too high, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to high).

There are only 3 ways to get cartel coins, buying an authenticator, paying for a subscription, paying for them with real money. Anything on the cartel market has a real money value by seeing how much X item costs and how much x items value is from the exchange of real money to cartel money.

And what is that exact exchange rate? Given your examples, there is a HUGE variety in that echange rate.

And still, you can not convert Cartel Coins to real life money. They have NO real life value.

So no matter how many ways you try and fiddle, spin or work your way around it you have to spend money to get cartel coins. AKA they have a monetry value.

And you just mentioned you could get them for buying an authenticator, which means a limitless supply for a fixed one time investment. Their value just dropped, which is odd, considering that they don't have a real life value. But it did just drop by an infinite amount.

They take the subs and state you invest with us for X time and you will get X value of cartel coins for doing it. that there is a monetry value.

And how much of your subscription costs cover the Cartel Coins? 1 dollar? 2 dollars? 9 dollars?

The reason why its not seeming like the case here is only due to one fact, hickman. As stated above the only way to get cartel coins is via an exchange of real money. Where other f2p games use there purchasable currency that the majority give there subscribers as part of subscription to purchase expansion big or small, that hickam has decided to paint both sides of the fence with the same brush. Or in other terms hand over fist.

Or, they decided they didn't want to force subscribers to pay additional money for some highly desirable in game items, nor give free2players free full reign over the GTN, so they supplied some limited means to subscribers to aquire them through that same store. Doesn't look odd to me at all. In fact, there are other MMO's doing the exact same thing: give subscribers a small stipend for their subscription as a non-negotiable extra. Most subscribers say "thank you" for free stuff and benefits they get. Whether useful or not, it's a free extra. Horses and mouths and stuff.

And what is that exact exchange rate? Given your examples, there is a HUGE variety in that echange rate.

And still, you can not convert Cartel Coins to real life money. They have NO real life value.

Answer me this as you seem to be unable todo it and do it constantly. IS there any way to get cartel coins without money being exchanged beyond a mobile authenticator at 100cc a month. This is the exact point that you float about. The fact is that cartel coins are purchased with money, subscription is paid for with money, raf works by you getting someone else to pay money.

Show me how to get them free or ingame. As the rest of your post is simply ramblings. As for value, its how much they cost to buy them from bioware, its really not that hard.

Or, they decided they didn't want to force subscribers to pay additional money for some highly desirable in game items, nor give free2players free full reign over the GTN, so they supplied some limited means to subscribers to aquire them through that same store. Doesn't look odd to me at all. In fact, there are other MMO's doing the exact same thing: give subscribers a small stipend for their subscription as a non-negotiable extra. Most subscribers say "thank you" for free stuff and benefits they get. Whether useful or not, it's a free extra. Horses and mouths and stuff.

This makes me chuckle, like what, a lawnmower with lights on that spits out snow. And how do f2p get a reighn over the gtn with a credit cap and limited ah slots. And those other games, do they hold back content patchs to turn them into expansions and which ones on this system stop them being purchased via the monetrised additional game money not attainable within game.

Edited by Shingara

Of course you can, at the exact rate you can buy them for RL cash.

You couldn't get a more straight forward exchange-rate. :confused:

Lol! Wow. Things can get complicated around here in a hurry. I agree btw, that it is very straight forward.

And in that vein, I really don't have an issue with the scheme as it stands today. There is a slight reward for 6 month subs.... so be it. I don't feel penalized as a monthly because I have the option to walk away at any time.

Overall, I'm happy with the 500 CC stipend. I don't go hog wild spending CCs so I have a nice little next egg. On occasion I do spend them on the things that I like: Armor, Weapons, and Unlocks.

Edited by Rafaman

Answer me this as you seem to be unable todo it and do it constantly. IS there any way to get cartel coins without money being exchanged beyond a mobile authenticator at 100cc a month. This is the exact point that you float about. The fact is that cartel coins are purchased with money, subscription is paid for with money, raf works by you getting someone else to pay money.

Show me how to get them free or ingame.

A small addition to Shingara his post, there are 4 ways, recruit a friend rewards monthly coins too.

Does that answer your question? And that recruited friend is receiving his/her own cartel coins as well.. Shouldn't that mean that those who have not been referred are entitled an additional 100 coins for referring themselves or something?

Though I AM getting my Cartel Coins free with my subscription. I've had that subscription since launch, and being given Cartel Coins wasn't mentioned anywhere in the list of benefits when I pressed the Agree button back then. They're a small extra. Bioware is in no way required or inclined to lower the price of my or anyone elses subscription. That they're giving me something extra on top of what I signed up for is entirely their own decision.

And those (re)signing up nowadays, well, if getting something for free is a dealbreaker, then that's your decision..

Does that answer your question? And that recruited friend is receiving his/her own cartel coins as well.. Shouldn't that mean that those who have not been referred are entitled an additional 100 coins for referring themselves or something?

Though I AM getting my Cartel Coins free with my subscription. I've had that subscription since launch, and being given Cartel Coins wasn't mentioned anywhere in the list of benefits when I pressed the Agree button back then. They're a small extra. Bioware is in no way required or inclined to lower the price of my or anyone elses subscription. That they're giving me something extra on top of what I signed up for is entirely their own decision.

And those (re)signing up nowadays, well, if getting something for free is a dealbreaker, then that's your decision..

Flys right over your head doesnt it, raf is a pyramid scheme, but i suspect you dont understand what that means. But your going around and around in circles constantly proving me right. carry on. Wouldnt mind but even someone else has point it out to you besides me.

Its like, wooho im waving my hand 3 cms infront of your face, you go what hand, i see now hand :D

Edit, i also never stated they should lower sub costs, i stated i dont want them to see a way to lower the service my money gives to them via them giving something back with a monetry value. If they are looking at it like that then i would prefer no coins and the value of my subscription tobe the same as before the coins were given or that monetry value knocked off.

Edited by Shingara

Flys right over your head doesnt it, raf is a pyramid scheme, but i suspect you dont understand what that means. But your going around and around in circles constantly proving me right. carry on. Wouldnt mind but even someone else has point it out to you besides me.

Its like, wooho im waving my hand 3 cms infront of your face, you go what hand, i see now hand :D

I guess I can't help you if you obviously insist on taking a victim's role, and insist that Bioware treated you badly by giving you something completely free of charge. Seriously, no matter how many holes are in that balloon of yours, you keep going in the exact same circle over and over, disregarding simple facts left and right. Your problem, not mine.