Voidstar Crash / Stealth Strategy

MegaHeals

Voidstar is quite possibly the most frustrating PVP for me due to how easy it can be and yet so many players do not understand how to use their talents to meet objectives and instead try to PVP kill all the defenders. Voidstar is all about creating defender unbalance by attack one side and then using sleep, CC or stun technique on the other side. Simple kill strategy will not work as defenders can call out sides for reinforcements and rarely can you kill everyone on the same side quick enough to keep them in the respawn box while you attempt to get the door. Here are my thoughts are strategy for winning the game.

Offensive philosophy

1) The first room

Getting past the first door is key to having a winning effort. You must draw the opponent forces over to one side and ninja the other door for quick passing of this stage. To do this identify who has stealth. 3 people are optimum but it can be done with two people. This is all dependent on how many defenders are drawn to the non crash side of the map. The crash team is the side you make obvious your intent toward the side of the map you are headed to and send the most players. Their object is to PVP players and stay alive. The stealth team's object is to CC players and plant the bomb. Generally two defenders go to one side of the map with the other defenders taking the crash side. The key for stealth team is to not attack the defenders but to CC them., and CC each defender separately without attacking. Each player generally has a four second stun and an eight second stun. It takes eight seconds to plan the bomb on the door. If you can get the defender to break out of his stun early, through lack of understanding of the resolve system, you can easily get the defender to have to withstand the 8 second stun. Also, stealth players generally have an 8 second sleep dart or other method to use out of combat while in stealth. This can help prolong the effect as instead of 12 seconds of stun time you can get an all out 16 seconds (if you had someone who couldn't find the break stun button). If the doors are fully balanced with 4 defenders on each side, you have to fully attack one side to draw it back to 6 & 2 situation, before trying to attempt the idea again.

2) The bridge

After you have gotten through the first door, if you kill a defender they have to start opposite the bridge terminal without a place to get across. Depending on your character and stealth and speed abilities your goal is to either Kill as many people as you can prior to reaching the bridge points, or go as fast as you can to reach the crash side bridge terminal. The reason I say the stealth side bridge terminal is because generally the crash side is locked in PVP combat and movement is restricted. If you happened to be on the crash side and have stealth or speed, you can run over to the stealth side bridge terminal and get the bridge or CC any left over players from the stealth side. Once the 1st bridge is down head across. If the 2nd bridge is not down, and you don't have a pressing defender take down the other bridge so your teammates can use it.

3) The second door...

This is another area to get stuck on, the same principle applies with crash and stealth theory. After you initially take down the bridge, If you are on the stealth side and have enough time to get the first door without somebody coming out of the respawn box go for it. Otherwise stealth over to the crash door without the bridge and plant a bomb... Make sure your fellow team mates without stealth are on the opposing door to draw defenders away from you.

4) The last corridor

This is much easier due to the distance between the shield controls and the respawn box, and it is difficult for killed players in the box to get to the shield points to mess with you. Get open and get a shield down.

5) The final doors....

Again crash / stealth strategy should be used. It is difficult to get the last doors once all defenders are in the box only because there is a lot of space to cover and generally they can see you coming. Hopefully if you have done all the items above, you can still have defenders around the map doing needless PVP and you can easily hit the last doors.

Defense philosophy -

I don't have anything too complex here besides minimum two defenders on the doors at all times and fight on the door area... Don't be fighting with the other players on the map where the offense spawns or you are just asking for trouble. If they retreat just go back to the door area and get healed. When you have offenders incoming, simply call out that you need help from the opposing teams side.

Enjoy, hopefully I get a sticky out of this! Webmoderator, I know my name is questionable... I don't know how to change it... If you sticky this I'll change it....

• 1 year later...