Starting to sympathise with the whiners

GregoriusMaximus

I simply cannot believe BW could be so out of touch that they would nerf Operatives and yet do -nothing- about the two most annoying, OP things in PvP:

- Tracer Missile spam (seriously, how cheap is this tactic?)

- Snare effect on Force Lightning (Totally unnecessary and OP)

... and no, I don't play an operative. I'm a sorc, so this is not a QQ for being nerfed.

It's too late i think,glad some people are speaking up or coming to their senses but the damage is done.

People did outright lies so often you could not get a word of reason in,you could tell just by the wording in their post most of time and op's stating that without stacking consumables that the big hits were gone,didnt matter they kept claiming otherwise.

Edited by Sathid

BioWare did not base the Operative nerfs on the amount of whining on the forums. You are delusional. They did it because the Devs felt it was overpowered, after taking a look at all the evidence being presented. It just so happens that a lot of players also caught on to Operatives being overpowered, too, and were vocal about it. Thus, you feel that the vocal forum goers were the ones that got it nerfed, when, in fact, it was BioWare that made the change based on their internal numbers.

BioWare did not base the Operative nerfs on the amount of whining on the forums. You are delusional. They did it because the Devs felt it was overpowered, after taking a look at all the evidence being presented. It just so happens that a lot of players also caught on to Operatives being overpowered, too, and were vocal about it. Thus, you feel that the vocal forum goers were the ones that got it nerfed, when, in fact, it was BioWare that made the change based on their internal numbers.

Like how Illum was done?

If your buying this metrics or internal numbers thing well good luck to you because im not.

I simply cannot believe BW could be so out of touch that they would nerf Operatives and yet do -nothing- about the two most annoying, OP things in PvP:

- Tracer Missile spam (seriously, how cheap is this tactic?)

- Snare effect on Force Lightning (Totally unnecessary and OP)

... and no, I don't play an operative. I'm a sorc, so this is not a QQ for being nerfed.

Please explain more.

IMO:

Tracer missile - I have never found it to be difficult to LoS TM spam when I am paying attention.

Snare on Force Lightning/Pebble Throw - They have to stop doing everything to channel this, and it does VERY little damage. It doesn't seem to unfair that they have to stop doing everything to channel what is essentially a 50% speed debuff.

What was the problem you were having?

What internal numbers? There are classes who have ability bugs that dont allow the use of abilities sometimes for up to 4 seconds, there is no data yet. you cant have "internal data" if the classes arent even working optimal. Unless of course you want to balance the game around broken classes....

This is just a simple lack of mmo exp by bioware......end of story

How can you possibly nerf anything before you make a competitive scenario. But w/e bad players will always suck.....and no im not an OP/scoundrel, im a sentinel, the game was fine before 1.1, fix the bugs first bioware before you start trying to change the game......

Edited by Vegathegreat

Like how Illum was done?

If your buying this metrics or internal numbers thing well good luck to you because im not.

So rather than using a well known process for balancing (reviewing metrics), you think that the Dev team just spends a few hours reading forum posts and decides to nerf/buff a class/skill.

Nevermind that your claim is nothing but conspiracy. Ignore the fact that they have the tools to review metrics across all servers.

So rather than using a well known process for balancing (reviewing metrics), you think that the Dev team just spends a few hours reading forum posts and decides to nerf/buff a class/skill.

Nevermind that your claim is nothing but conspiracy. Ignore the fact that they have the tools to review metrics across all servers.

Yah and i have my own lying eyes and guess what,i have seen maybe four operatives scoundrels hit tops in a WZ,myself included EVER in damage or kills,and i hit WZ straight for five hours a day for over a week,your just full of it.

Metrics,really i would like to see these metrics.

Edited by Sathid

They must be using metrics from before stim stacking was dealt with. Operatives benefited most from this as it increased their burst damage to the point at which they could almost kill someone with no response. That, however, is no longer an issue; and like the poster above I almost -never- see operatives getting dmg high scores, despite being a dps class. I can't see how they need a nerf.