Spc

Humpmachine

Oh great look it's another thread that's just asking for more trolls and pvp-based flame wars. Cause that's exactly what we need.

Definitely. There's such a diverse variety of threads on the Dalborra subforums. Some PVP flamewars would add a nice touch of variety.

Edited by Aurojiin

Oh great look it's another thread that's just asking for more trolls and pvp-based flame wars. Cause that's exactly what we need.

^ This. Perhaps more teams would queue if there wasn't so much abuse thrown at each other afterwards.

Maybe a league with about 8 teams competing and you play 2 teams each week at a set time would be a good thing, providing that there is no abuse after matches.

So I guess we have a choice as a server. Do something to help ranked and the server, or we could just continue the pissing contest, you choose.

SPC FTW

IF you disagree PLAY RANKED AGAINST US!

I get why he posted it like this. Before we were cats we all know we were MVP. When other people were playing ranked, they would stop if we did. We had to sit in a raid one night in order to be able to get a single ranked game. After which we were called cheaters because some people do not like to lose and begged to stop playing. We even had someone join our guild on the pretense that they would let us know when their guild was doing ranked games. In around the two months we allowed him to keep an alt in our guild not once did he let us know that ranked games were running. He did how ever check to make sure that we were not doing them.

So why shouldn't posts from members of our guild be at least a little aggressive when you consider that we don't get the chance to play ranked games? As far and the trash talk after the games, well I do hope you are talking about the guild that called MVP and myself in particular cheaters. When we did ranked against terra afterwards we gave them tips to help them improve and let them know when they really were improving as a group.

I know this is out of character for me to not troll these posts but I have been playing my characters on the pvp server. Their population is much smaller than ours, but they have a ranked game competition that they are running at the moment which they allow EVERY guild to compete in, even the ones with the best pvp players on server. It would be nice if we could do this, but there is little to no chance people will put their ego's aside to achieve this.

I get why he posted it like this. Before we were cats we all know we were MVP. When other people were playing ranked, they would stop if we did. We had to sit in a raid one night in order to be able to get a single ranked game. After which we were called cheaters because some people do not like to lose and begged to stop playing. We even had someone join our guild on the pretense that they would let us know when their guild was doing ranked games. In around the two months we allowed him to keep an alt in our guild not once did he let us know that ranked games were running. He did how ever check to make sure that we were not doing them.

So why shouldn't posts from members of our guild be at least a little aggressive when you consider that we don't get the chance to play ranked games? As far and the trash talk after the games, well I do hope you are talking about the guild that called MVP and myself in particular cheaters. When we did ranked against terra afterwards we gave them tips to help them improve and let them know when they really were improving as a group.

I know this is out of character for me to not troll these posts but I have been playing my characters on the pvp server. Their population is much smaller than ours, but they have a ranked game competition that they are running at the moment which they allow EVERY guild to compete in, even the ones with the best pvp players on server. It would be nice if we could do this, but there is little to no chance people will put their ego's aside to achieve this.

Thanks for your post Laby.

I wasn't speaking about SPC or directing this at SPC when I made my post, I am sorry if it came across that way. I was talking about everyone server wide and feel that it needs to stop server wide.

I appreciate that crap happened in the past between different people and guilds etc and I openly apologise if I ever did anything to offend.

But I really do think it is time for everyone server wide to move on from this kind of hostile attitude and work together to hopefully achieve the the great scenario that you describe on the pvp server.

I would love to have a ranked league where you play designated teams each week, say 8 teams in total, designated to play two teams each week. But it would also require no openly bagging teams afterwards, no hijacking games by anyone and cooperation between everyone. I am happy to help with it's organisation but if anyone server wide wants to bag each other etc then I am not interested in helping at all. It's time for everyone to stop being part of the problem and instead be part of the solution.

the question is not that yall are good but why should teams form and que up just to get beat by yall seems really stupid if you ask me. Thats another reason why ranked rarely happens any more is because of guilds trying to be the very best on the server, when we should have teams queing up for fun which is a concept that people refuse to accept.

Carthy why are you talking about how bad TA and SNX is in pvp if u left NS and ran your guild in to the ground ? (btw RTS getting there butts kicked by Corvus during the ilum event )

Carthy why are you talking about how bad TA and SNX is in pvp if u left NS and ran your guild in to the ground ? (btw RTS getting there butts kicked by Corvus during the ilum event )

LOL, just.. hehe lol. :). Don't remember much on Ilum, except that RtS members kept going into wzs while we were trying to have a war in mid :p. And the only reason that our guild is no longer alive is because I told Carth to disband it because we are full time rep side now. Decided to make the switch. (and not a big shocker since we were Republic LONNGGGGGGGGG before Imperial.) So, hehe ^_^. Btw had lots of fun on the PTS last night. Mandos are still my favorite. And doing a decent amount of dps on my vanguard with no gear except my amazing lvl 17 gear (clicked console to get to 55 lul :D) was satisfying. Thanks again for the tips and the fun Mosh. (Maybe one day you will let me kill you in a duel besides letting me get you to 4% health then rolling behind me and back blasting my lil 9k health vanguard T_T) :cool:

Edited by Dafydil

Why'd you leave NS?

Sorry for my rude comment Carthy, I spoke to soon in the defence of our Guild and will no longer get involved in any of these negative discussions. I will only speak on the forums for anything that benefits others or the server.

We will work out a ranked league system on the Guild website then start a thread on the Dalborra forums once it’s good to go. Any Guild that can form a team for a Ranked League start working towards it now like the Duelling Tournament it will be on Sundays as that time frame suited most.

“Prior preparation prevents poor performance”

Why'd you remake wwwyf and then nearly remake snx? lawl.

http://i.imgur.com/Kp0bcsK.jpg

Carthy,

How does that answer the question. Your just avoiding it with another.

And most likely you will make another smart response to this reply, because you love the attention.

If you want to contribute to this forum maybe make some more comments that are constructive rather than just random trolls. Heaps of SNX members and TA are holding back on replying to this, because they believe its a waste of time. I on another hand feel that you really need to think before you say something.

Luckily this forum have fairly mature people which makes the server a bit more fun. You're a good player Carth, but its your attitude is something that needs to change. Try being nice for once and people may start respecting you ( I'm expecting another response for this comment).

At this stage you are making more enemies (you probably already know that but don't care and again will comment on this statement)

Anyway take care of yourself mate hopefully see you in PVP again soon (well on Carthy anyway).

Grimjaw

SNX - Marauder

Edited by steoop
name

Any Guild that can form a team for a Ranked League start working towards it now like the Duelling Tournament it will be on Sundays as that time frame suited most.

Can it not be organised so that who plays who is done by the league generator, but the time is organised by the two teams involved? This seems to make more sense. Say, for example, that the default time for all matches is Sunday at 5pm / 7pm / 9pm for 3 weekly matchups respectively, but that teams are free to organise a separate time that works for them both during the week. If the matches is not completed by the end of Sunday evening, it is an automatic forfeit. Perhaps a BO3 system might work well too? Idk, that's something to work out in future, but I think playing at least 2 games would be better than just the one.

This would require, however, some sort of way to verify if one guild had offered several times to play and had done their best to organise the match with the other guild, yet were not helped in response, leading to a forfeit for the team unwilling to play and a default win for the other team. It's an idea, but it needs some refinement.

Unfortunately, I think there also needs to be disclaimers that say excessive bad manner and trolling will not be tolerated, and refusing to play a match simply because your "best team" are not online will also result in a forfeit. This league isn't to see who the best on the server is, we figured out a long time ago that not only is it a close matchup between multiple teams, but also that nobody gives a ****.

Play for fun, don't be a dick. Simple, right?

You're more stupid than I can imagine. Yes I left NS does that make them worse than TA and SNX? LOL hell no there not even on par with NS. I ran my own guild into the ground? nah had 10-15 actives I got bored with imp side went rep disbanded the guild some went back to ns/some made imp side MVP.

p.s the only time I saw corvus on ilum was when you were crying about RtS killing you.

Carthy,

How does that answer the question. Your just avoiding it with another.

And most likely you will make another smart response to this reply, because you love the attention.

If you want to contribute to this forum maybe make some more comments that are constructive rather than just random trolls. Heaps of SNX members and TA are holding back on replying to this, because they believe its a waste of time. I on another hand feel that you really need to think before you say something.

Luckily this forum have fairly mature people which makes the server a bit more fun. You're a good player Carth, but its your attitude is something that needs to change. Try being nice for once and people may start respecting you ( I'm expecting another response for this comment).

At this stage you are making more enemies (you probably already know that but don't care and again will comment on this statement)

Anyway take care of yourself mate hopefully see you in PVP again soon (well on Carthy anyway).

Grimjaw

SNX - Marauder

I left NS because I made my own guild pretty self explanatory as thats exactly what I did.

Now to my question? Don't bother the entire server knows the answer

A league is a great idea. There are some challenges, eg. how to get the server to match up the two correct teams when there are other people queuing, do we accept 4 huttball matches in a row given the system rng etc.

NS will have players very interested to field a team to participate if a suitable arrangement is worked out with committed teams. Also happy to contribute whatever I can to make this happen.

--------------

Well this thread started probably with the right intention, not the best approach but lead to some useful discussions so far.

Edited by Banegio

For the queuing problem I would suggest that a representative of each team jumps in a vent or TS channel and coordinates pressing queue. EG. 4 teams - team 1 and 2 queue, then when they get a pop teams 3 and 4 queue.

Roughly speaking I would like say 8 teams and 3-4 games each week with them all to be completed in a two hour time frame unless arranged and played before that time period. We could set up a draw in advance so we know who will play who weeks in advance. So that would mean only 1 game vs each team a week but over the course of the league you could play each team 2-3 times, depending on how long we run the league for.

Would love to see teams from:

Pizza Cats

TA

Gimp

Ex Hothian

Protean

Proteus

SNX

NS

POA

Corvus

Korvus

Aussie Brutes

Mind Walkers

Death Dealers

etc etc..

Providing of course that they all agree to the no crap talking and bagging out others etc.

I know Snx could probably put two teams together for the league if it's run at a set time each week similar to the dueling contest.

p.s the only time I saw corvus on ilum was when you were crying about RtS killing you.

Aww I thought our pvp battles on ilum were awsome carthy. as for the qqing from corvus i am unaware of any of that. I do remember being raged at in whisper a few times but other than that the ilum event was a hoot. I dont think i entered a wz the entire time the event was active coz of how awsome the battles in ilum were. (even if we did get our asses handed to us now and then.)

Edited by KeoleDominar