Lore-wise Who Is The Most Powerful Character In-Game?

Berronaxftw

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most influential? Warrior.

most powerful? Warrior.

why?

Being the Emperor's Wrath is no easy task. You have to have some serious qualifications if you are basically the Empire's war leader. Also, being second only to the Emperor (also, in turn, the Emperor's Voice), there's definitely a lot of respect and influence one gains from this position

most influential? Warrior.

most powerful? Warrior.

why?

Being the Emperor's Wrath is no easy task. You have to have some serious qualifications if you are basically the Empire's war leader. Also, being second only to the Emperor (also, in turn, the Emperor's Voice), there's definitely a lot of respect and influence one gains from this position

I would probably disagree with both of these, but definitely disagree with the "most influential."

As for my prediction, I would think

Most political power/Influential (in their current state, not including what they have done in the past) :

1. Sith Inquisitor

2. Jedi Conselor

3. Sith Warrior

4. Imperial Agent

5. Jedi Knight

6. Smuggler

7. Trooper

8. Bounty Hunter.

Most battle prowess/physical power:

1. Sith Warrior

2. Jedi Knight

3. Sith Inquisitor

4. Jedi Conselor

5. Imperial Agent

6-7. Bounty Hunter/Trooper (Think these are way too even to split)

8. Smuggler

My opinions. :D

I have multiple characters of every class and advanced class, so I'm not *too* biased. ;)

Edited by Swissbob

Jedi Knight imo.

The JK defeats the Emperor, who is probably one of the top 5 most powerful figures in the entire history of the SW universe. Maybe even top 3.

the emperor that the knight fights is a voice, right? if so, the warrior kills a voice on voss, meaning the warrior should be either equal to the knight, or slightly more powerful. considering that the warrior fought the emperor controlled by sel'makor, that probably makes this voice more powerful than the one the knight fights. it's been a long while since i've done this though, so my memory of the fight is a little lacking.

Inquisitor and Warrior are so hard to compare...most diplomatic answer would be Warrior better with lightsaber (even over assassin) and Inquisitor better with force powers. Going by cut scenes Inquisitor ending showing beats anything warrior has done, but that is unfair to warrior as he did not have to deal with someone like Darth Thanaton. Closest to it would be resisting freshly freed Dread Masters.

Power wise I have already repeated many times people seem to overvalue Emperor Wrath status. It does not give you power over Dark Council as Darth Marr bluntly tells you at the end of Act III. On other hand Dark Council is divided to spheres so while as whole Dark Council has much more power than Wrath, piece of it is much closer. Powerbase wise Inquisitor has fleet which beats anything Warrior has.

Jedi Knight imo.

The JK defeats the Emperor, who is probably one of the top 5 most powerful figures in the entire history of the SW universe. Maybe even top 3.

that was just the voice,a fraction of the emperor's power,and the warrior's defeats a voice on voss,so it's no big deal.

my list:

most influential:

-sith inquisitor

-sith warrior

-jedi consular

-jedi knight

fisically stronger:

-warrior

-knight

-inquisitor/consular

why?the warrior is a sith,he relies more than the jedi knight of fisical strength and brutality,even if the knight is strongh you can surely agree that he is less dependant on strength and brutality.

stronger in the force:

-consular

-inquisitor

-warrior/knight

the consular is the strongest in the force,maybe even of the era,the inquisitor needs ghosts to become stronger than tanathon,but he is still naturally extremely powerful.

biggest power base:

-inquisitor (whole fleets and armies)

-consular (an entire army)

-warrior/knight (themselves,booooo)

Edited by _biddan_

Can't make the fairest of judgments, as I've got 10 Imperials and only 2 'Pubs (JK & JC)

Playing through all Imperial classes 2 times+, I can pretty safely judge them:

Most influential: Sith Inquisitor, by far.

Newest (and due to most of DK being executed) probably the most powerful Dark Council member. Darth Marr himself says if you and him, as the leaders of the Dark Council, can't work together in solidarity we're doomed. As basically the leader of the Dark Council, with whole armies, fleets (each dreadnaut we own contains a super-weapon capable of decimating an entire Republic fleet in seconds) , Moffs, Esh-ka armies under our beck-and-call, we, in the absence of the Emperor, run the Empire. Things will change based on decisions we make, for better or worse. The Empire is ours. We are as good as 'emperor' as is acceptable, story-wise

Most powerful: Sith Warrior.

Emperor's Wrath is basically all you need to say. Handpicked by the Emperor and his Hand personally, by far the most deadly Sith in the Empire, if not galaxy. Strongest potential in the Force, master of lightsaber techniques, and just impossible to kill, and this is without any sort of supernatural power or ritual (looking at you, Scourge, and especially you, Inquisitor.. relying on ghosts to get into the Dark Council)

Both JK and JC don't match up. The Jedi Knight is just annoying, and so badly written. Almost like a deus-ex-machina for the Republic. They are only class that actually does anything, and what they do is just... meh. Almost like Luke post-films, they're just a tool for lazy writing on Republic side. They couldn't think of a good way to make the Republic win, so they just bring in the Knight to 'win' in every sense.

Most powerful: Sith Warrior.

Emperor's Wrath is basically all you need to say. Handpicked by the Emperor and his Hand personally, by far the most deadly Sith in the Empire, if not galaxy. Strongest potential in the Force, master of lightsaber techniques, and just impossible to kill, and this is without any sort of supernatural power or ritual (looking at you, Scourge, and especially you, Inquisitor.. relying on ghosts to get into the Dark Council)

I'd point out that the only reason the Emperor is as powerful as he is or has his position is because of supernatural power and rituals :p However he obtained that power, the fact remains that the Inquisitor took his position on the Dark Council via his own power, whereas the Wrath was effectively appointed by the Emperor.

And given that Act 3 pretty much serves as warning that bad things happen if you falsely invoke the Emperor's name to advance your agenda, that Wrath can't even really make use of his power without direction from the Emperor or the Hand. Whereas the Inquisitor can do pretty much do whatever the hell he wants.

Both JK and JC don't match up. The Jedi Knight is just annoying, and so badly written. Almost like a deus-ex-machina for the Republic. They are only class that actually does anything, and what they do is just... meh. Almost like Luke post-films, they're just a tool for lazy writing on Republic side. They couldn't think of a good way to make the Republic win, so they just bring in the Knight to 'win' in every sense.

I agree heartily about the JK. I can't even really get into the story just because they lay it on so fast and so thick. I just kind of rolled my eyes when after my first class mission I had the Grand Master of the Order and the entire Jedi Council tripping over themselves to tell me how awesome I was. :p

Must also register my bafflement at the Jedi Knight. You can piss off a Sith Lord, botch Uphrades, spark off yet another galactic war, not to mention another operation that basically was screwed from the get go because of you. Council still pats you on the back and calls you pretty.

To reiterate: what are they even smoking, is it against the Code, can I have some. Memo to Satele and everyone - knock off that whole snicker behind the back Hero title thing or I will stop this boat and let the Sith win. Not even kidding! Kind of kidding. Working on the sense of humor thing. Hearts and yays, from the Knight.

Most powerful? Ehhhh, in terms of story Sith Inquisitor I guess. Part of the ruling body of the Empire plus Force Walk plus lightning face melt plus battle fleet. Jedi Counselor has whole armies of various species, but Counselor powers, while powerful, lend towards the sacrificing for others and less so much soul munching and insta-death and taxation.

Least powerful is the smuggler. Do they even smuggle? Is their job description a misnomer and there should really be an 'n' there instead of an 'm'? They get a lot of contacts in the underworld I guess, but all the drug dealers and pimps and ladies of the night seem kinda outclassed compared to what the other main characters can bring.

Edited by Bytemite

These are all opinions, folks. Not facts. I also disagree with the above poster's opinion on the Jedi Knight story. You don't need twists for a good story, just a good foundation. The Jedi Knight's story was meant to be the "Captain America" of the Republic. Simply from the beginning (with the flesh raiders), the events hint that you have the "facing the impossible, and coming back a hero" potential. Add some romance (Kira), add sidekicks (T7, Doc, Rusk), and add an unlikely powerful ally (Scourge), and you have a box office action film.

Back to the original thread. Who's the most powerful character ingame?

1.) Sith Inquisitor (with ghosts)

2.) Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior (the only difference between these two is their positions at the end of Act 3 (Emperor's Wrath, second to only the Emperor vs.another Jedi Master. Unfortunately, most of the quest NPC's prove that Jedi Master doesn't mean that they're a force to be reckoned with. Most are useless and request your help for simple things. So you have to look at the Knight's achievements instead of his rank.)

3.) Sith Inquisitor (without ghosts)

Now for the NPC's?

1. Easily Darth Marr. The man is as mysterious as he is a genius. His decisions for Makeb and its results will bring the Empire back into this war. I'd love to see a cinematic of him fighting. Something tells me that he'd be the type who strikes hard and fast, and doesn't toy with his opponents.

2. Lord Scourge. He's immortal (literally). He has the ablity to Force choke multiple people at the same time without even lifting a finger. (See the scene where he releases the Knight's companions.) He has a history with Revan and the Exile. Despite his betrayal to them, his relationship to them makes him epic in relation to KOTOR lore. If anyone has the potential to be more than what he currently is as a companion, it's Scourge. How long can the former Wrath linger in the storage wing of the Jedi Defender before growing bored?

3. Supreme Chancellor Saresh. Power is power. Do not dismiss political power as something unequal to physical power. Saresh is the leader of the Republic and every decision she makes is considered and carried out by powerful allies like the player characters and Jedi Council. The appearance of the GenoHaraden under her lead is enough evidence to prove that if she wants you eliminated, it's only a matter of time.

Edited by DarthGile

I actually do like the Jedi Knight in the game, and yeah there's something refreshingly simple and back to the basics and (depending how you play the class story) idealistic about the Knight. But the Knight also kinda never actually succeeds at whatever they set out to do. Just saying.

I actually do like the Jedi Knight in the game, and yeah there's something refreshingly simple and back to the basics and (depending how you play the class story) idealistic about the Knight. But the Knight also kinda never actually succeeds at whatever they set out to do. Just saying.

I dunno, I think a lotta people are too quick to dismiss the JK story as "cliche" while missing thats kinda the point. as a guildy of mine once said "it's not cliche it's classic" the JK story is basicly the classic star wars story. whomever compared the JK to Luke Skywalker... honestly... thats kind of the point. the JK is the Luke/Anakin/Revan of his day. the best damned force the Jedi have. when the going gets tough, the Jedi call the Hero of Tython.

My first character was the Jedi Knight (M). I quickly got bored and rolled a Smuggler (F), then an Inquisitor (F), then a Bounty Hunter (M)... then I went back to my Knight to get the chapter 2 buff unlock.

After playing three of the other story lines I found the Knight a refreshing return to the classic Star Wars style. For me, going with the JK first was a mistake. I initially needed something that was a change-up from SW convention. After three times around with less conventional plots (I love playing Imperial simply because it's the first time I've seen the Sith portrayed sympathetically in a game), the JK has been fantastic.

1) Jedi Knight because he defeats Emperor and the Emperor says he harnesses immense power. [that he... turns into lightsaber skillz? dumb but whatever]

2) Sith Inquisitor because he cannot be killed unless stripped of his ghosts first - ghosts that only his crew + Zash really knows about, and only Zash was aware of what was required to render him mortal again - even a Sith Sorcery buff like Thanaton didn't know.

3) Sith Warrior because the story goes over and over about how ****** he is.

4) Jedi Consular, He is not the chosen one, mostly a generic if heroic jedi, but a powerful one regardless.

Edited by maxetius

Maybe I misunderstood it, but didn't the Imperial Agent walk away with every bit of dirt/the tricks/contacts/influence of the Star Cabal in the Black Codex? The Star Cabal thats been manipulating the galaxy for centuries?

Maybe I misunderstood it, but didn't the Imperial Agent walk away with every bit of dirt/the tricks/contacts/influence of the Star Cabal in the Black Codex? The Star Cabal thats been manipulating the galaxy for centuries?

A fair point, but I really don't see what my sniper is going to do with it. 'specially seeing as Intelligence was disbanded and not coming back. My agent reminds me of Littlefinger, in Game of Thrones. Intelligence and knowledge is all well and good, and can certainly change things in your favour when things are in your favour, but when **** hits the fan, and you end up with a lightsaber in your throat, it can't really help you then.

I dunno, I think a lotta people are too quick to dismiss the JK story as "cliche" while missing thats kinda the point. as a guildy of mine once said "it's not cliche it's classic" the JK story is basicly the classic star wars story. whomever compared the JK to Luke Skywalker... honestly... thats kind of the point. the JK is the Luke/Anakin/Revan of his day. the best damned force the Jedi have. when the going gets tough, the Jedi call the Hero of Tython.

I'm not saying it's cliche (refreshing is the opposite of cliche, the Jedi Knight story is a reconstruction of classic hero stories) or that it's not cool in it's own way to be the golden boy/girl of the Jedi Order.

Instead I'm saying that if you think about it, while the Knight has accomplished a lot, they tend to fail at their assigned missions.

Their master is killed. They stop Angral and save Tython, but they don't prevent Angral from using superweapons and killing a lot of people. They help Tol Braga locate a possible hiding place for the Emperor, but then lose their strike team and briefly their mind when the operation falls apart. The Knight regroups and recovers some of the lost parts of that team, and tries to defeat the Emperor, but only succeeds in defeating the Emperor's Voice

How is the Knight not considered a major screw up in the story? Or is that what's going on, does the Council keep giving the Knight these hard missions hoping that they'll get their act together and redeem all their past failures? And if so, what's going to happen when they find out the Sith Emperor is still out there?

Edited by Bytemite

lol, It wasn't his voice, it was the Emperor himself. When the Emperor's voss voice was killed he didn't bat an eyelash. When the Knight kills his final opponent, he is suddenly weakened to the point Marr states he lives but is pretty much useless.

Go read up the Hall Hood [lead writer] interview.

No, the dudes in the SW story weren't lying [at the time], Bioware just retroactively changed the continuity to make it simpler.

Go read up the Hall Hood [lead writer] interview.

No, the dudes in the SW story weren't lying [at the time], Bioware just retroactively changed the continuity to make it simpler.

I think until we get it cleared up in game itself, it's up in the air. I also think that there are already a number of threads about this very subject.

But even if you don't count the very last part of the character story, there are a lot of failures that the Knight really should realistically catch more flak over than they do.

So I dunno. They're as strong as the other player characters, and whatever the act 3 boss IS for the Knight, they're still hecka strong, but I'm really not sure about ranking the Knight up that high in the list of power and influence.

Edited by Bytemite

I'm not saying it's cliche (refreshing is the opposite of cliche, the Jedi Knight story is a reconstruction of classic hero stories) or that it's not cool in it's own way to be the golden boy/girl of the Jedi Order.

Instead I'm saying that if you think about it, while the Knight has accomplished a lot, they tend to fail at their assigned missions.

Their master is killed. They stop Angral and save Tython, but they don't prevent Angral from using superweapons and killing a lot of people. They help Tol Braga locate a possible hiding place for the Emperor, but then lose their strike team and briefly their mind when the operation falls apart. The Knight regroups and recovers some of the lost parts of that team, and tries to defeat the Emperor, but only succeeds in defeating the Emperor's Voice

How is the Knight not considered a major screw up in the story? Or is that what's going on, does the Council keep giving the Knight these hard missions hoping that they'll get their act together and redeem all their past failures? And if so, what's going to happen when they find out the Sith Emperor is still out there?

the master dieing wasn't exactly the JKs fault. you wheren't exactly with him, the desolator well.. you did as good as anyone could expect. ultimately most of the blame should fall on the Republic military research division for letting ANY one person have access to multiple super weapons.

act 2 was indeed an unmitigated disaster, but the JK was the one who proved to be strong eneugh to fight the emperor. that says a lot. as for the voice. kindly consider... the jedi council doesn't KNOW THAT

You are looking at it from the wrong perspective.

First, the Republic military royally screws up by handing a bunch of superweapons to a Sith. The Knight stops all of the world-destroying weapons except one and that one is practically unstoppable since the enemy has the element of surprise. The Council commends the Knight because it basically wasn't possible to get a better outcome -- it's not the Knight's fault, it's that of the fools who let the Sith steal the weapons in the first place.

Second, Mission Impossible turning out to actually be impossible was not the Knight's fault either. The mission was not the Knight's idea and it was not his job to plan it. A member of the Jedi Council led the effort and the entire Council signed off on it -- and the whole lot of them grossly underestimated the Emperor. The Knight turns complete and utter failure into a kind of draw: the other Jedi are temporarily lost, but in exchange the Republic gains a powerful Sith who has unique information regarding the Emperor.

Finally, whatever the Knight does at the end has more of an impact than merely destroying the Voice of the Emperor. We know this because the Sith Warrior also kills the Voice (in fact, the Emperor asks him to do it) and it doesn't cause half of the Children to go mad or the Emperor to disappear. The Hand is either lying, mistaken or interpreting the event with a longer view (i.e. the Emperor will come back to possess a body no matter what, it will just take him longer than usual).

you did as good as anyone could expect.

Ah, then everyone just has REALLY LOW standards for the Knight. Maybe between lightsaber training they were stuck on kitchen staff duty and kept accidentally burning everyone's food. Maybe also that's why the Knight didn't really have a master until one of them kind of stumbled into the role.

Just imagine, say a terrorist group gets a dirty bomb, and it's your job to go recover it. But oops! They set it off in a major city anyway. And then the military/intelligence/whoever you're working for says, well, too bad for all those people, but hey, it wasn't your fault the terrorists got the bomb in the first place, you did the best you could!

Pretty sure heads would roll, starting with yours.

The other stuff is just icing on the fail cake. That debacle BAKED the cake with a giant scary laser over a few hours time.

Edited by Bytemite

1) Sith Warrior

2) Sith Inquisitor

3) Jedi knight

4) Jedi counselor

the rest dont really matter to me personally...and my list is compiled on ACTUAL power not their assets.

and the JK only killed voice. no qualms about it. the only difference was that the emperor was using that as his current vessel and probly in it the longest. i always assumed the different storylines took place at different times. so the voice the emperor used in the SW story was the new voice from what the JK killed. not sure of the exact order but pretty sure ur voice came after jk's voice by wat the message from the hand stated. point is.... SW is the strongest and relies on his skill alone