Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

DarthWoad

Having been subscribed since release, and playing almost every day, and getting only 2200 coins and spending them all on crime lord cartel packs, I am pretty disappointed with the useless rewards I obtained from them. As a level 50, experience boost are of no use to me.

As a subscriber, I should be paying for all the content. But I have to pay more for cartel coins?

How about each subscriber gets 500 coins every WEEK, or two weeks, instead of every month, that way, your subscribers who already pay you monthly, some of them having been here since release, can have more goes at opening these "high value" lockboxes.

Or simply increase the rewards for them. Honestly, they aren't worth it. I feel stupid now for paying for them. OH well

Edited by DarthWoad

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500 coins a month isn't even that bad, it's whatever.. What pissed me off was being a purchaser of a collectors edition and being consistently subscribed since launch meaning I've spent hundreds of dollars on swtor, and I got less than $20 worth of cartel coins.. *** is that? That's what really pissed me off the most. RNG is whatever, bioware has a weird obsession with it and I get it, but it's stupid that we get less than $20 worth of coins for all of the support we've given bioware in their fails.

Personally I think subscribers should be allowed to buy CC coins with in-game credits. Let's face it most of that content would have been put naturally in the game as drops or what have you, and the really goofy stuff probably wouldn't have been developed; so why not let the subs get it with their creds, plus it is another money sink for the game to keep subs busy.

Of course I am not too hurt about it, there is only one thing I really wanted out of them and I am pretty sure I will be able to get it off the GTN for a decent price once all the price gouging has stopped, and market forces kick in.

We (subscribers) get 500 CC's, which is an F2P MMO standard. Why would we get more? And the Cartel Packs? Well.. it always is a lottery - doesn't matter if it's TOR, CO or STO (or whatever) - it always is a bit like gambling - you can hit the jackpot, or you can lose money for nothing. I bought two of them - and I enjoyed stuff from both of them (some vanity pet and a speeder).

Yeah I was confused as to what a Cartel Pack really was. I wasn't aware that it was basically like buying a lottery ticket. I quickly realized they were not worth it. I stopped after I bought 3 and they didn't give anything worth having.

The real win right now is to enjoy the glut of pack items for sale on the GTN. Buy now, buy often.. because once supply/demand balances in a few weeks and people quit hitting the cartel packs like they are candy... prices are going to go up on the GTN for most things.

We (subscribers) get 500 CC's, which is an F2P MMO standard. Why would we get more? And the Cartel Packs? Well.. it always is a lottery - doesn't matter if it's TOR, CO or STO (or whatever) - it always is a bit like gambling - you can hit the jackpot, or you can lose money for nothing. I bought two of them - and I enjoyed stuff from both of them (some vanity pet and a speeder).

Why? Because SWTOR's prices are much higher than the industry's standard pricing, especially for the Legacy unlocks.

Personally I think subscribers should be allowed to buy CC coins with in-game credits. Let's face it most of that content would have been put naturally in the game as drops or what have you, and the really goofy stuff probably wouldn't have been developed; so why not let the subs get it with their creds, plus it is another money sink for the game to keep subs busy.

Of course I am not too hurt about it, there is only one thing I really wanted out of them and I am pretty sure I will be able to get it off the GTN for a decent price once all the price gouging has stopped, and market forces kick in.

I like the idea of subs paying credits for CCs as long as we can still get the monthly allowance on top of whatever we spend our credits on. And yes, I'll probably visit the AH once things settle down too.

Well just jumped on and bought nearly everything i wanted from the packs off the GTN for a pittance. Including 4 pets, longspur elite, few emotes, red eyes, imp banner, ball throw.... Prob 160k all up.

Just want the tythonian saber, Gizka and Monkeylizard now, oh and the throne, just not as much as there are plenty of them around.

Also where's the fancy looking pistol for my gunslinger? :confused:

Edited by Leweegibo

Having been subscribed since release, and playing almost every day, and getting only 2200 coins and spending them all on crime lord cartel packs, I am pretty disappointed with the useless rewards I obtained from them. As a level 50, experience boost are of no use to me.

As a subscriber, I should be paying for all the content. But I have to pay more for cartel coins?

How about each subscriber gets 500 coins every WEEK, or two weeks, instead of every month, that way, your subscribers who already pay you monthly, some of them having been here since release, can have more goes at opening these "high value" lockboxes.

Or simply increase the rewards for them. Honestly, they aren't worth it. I feel stupid now for paying for them. OH well

You don't have to ever spend a single cartel coin. Fun is fun, but I'm sorry you didn't get any good items in your cartel packs.

I bought about 12-15 different packs, got a few mounts, a few pets, a number of boosts and crafting materials, and a few of the rare armor pieces and crystals. I doubt it was worth the actual money on these things, but the money I spent on coins was definitely worth it for some of the new armor sets, like the Outlaw's suit.

Again, though, you never need to spend any cartel coins. And asking for 500 a week is a bit overboard, IMHO.

I`m already bought more 35 crime lord`s cartel packs but don`t got something interest (white crystal or mask), only useless stuff :mad:

Don`t spend money on catrel coins, better buy what u need in game on GTM. IMHO

Edited by KupX

The real win right now is to enjoy the glut of pack items for sale on the GTN. Buy now, buy often.. because once supply/demand balances in a few weeks and people quit hitting the cartel packs like they are candy... prices are going to go up on the GTN for most things.

I'll never buy one of those packs from the GTN ....those things are 500,000 credits a piece!

They must done lost their minds :eek: As my mom says. LOL

Honestly I see alot of whining going on.

You don't like what you're getting? Go cry about it. It's about chance. Luck. You could open one for the first time and get a Nihilus mask, turn around and sell it for nearly 2mil, or you could get complete crap. You might just be aiming for an item you want like a Heroes banner or glowing eyes. It's your fault that you bought it, so don't complain about it. Grow up.

I used my free coins on 5 bags and turned it into like 2,000,000 credits selling things and kept a few nice things for myself. Just a mater of luck.

If you're a subber you can just pretend the shop doesn't exist since none of it matters in the least bit. You can still blow your monthly coins on the least expensive bag and still have a chance at getting the rare stuff.

So you have a gambling problem and you want to take it out on EA. Suggestion... when mommy gives you some extra money evry money.. dont run straight the store and blow it all on candy. If there is something they put in there now, that you want, its your own fault you dont have the coins to get it.

After putting up with your frustrating complaint posts/threads since well before launch, I can't help but feel some bit of smug satisfaction at your misfortune. You gambled and lost. Sorry you made that choice.

And the previous couple of posts are the reason SWTOR currently has a reputation for the worst MMO community currently out (and that includes EVE in the bunch),

I've never liked gambling boxes, especially as a subscriber. We should have access to all content for our having bought the box and paying a subscription. But we dont. We, too, must gamble for some items. When i say access to all content, that means vanity as well as statistics. I can tolerate non-lockbox items, atleast then you can pick and choose with your monthly stipen and eventually get what you want. But odds being what they are with gambling, it is possible you could never get what you want.

Aside from that, having any gambling in this game skirts several laws in several countries, including the US where online gambling is illegal.

We basically get $5 worth of cartel coins every month making our subscription really $10. Giving us 500 coins every week means they would loose money since they would be giving us $20 in cartel coins a month for a sub price of $15.

I personally have no problem if they give us enough to gamble a bit every month but not enough to make it possible to have the "house" pay for all of our bets. If someone is so obsessed with gambling that they NEED to spend more than their monthly stipend they should have to pay out of their own pocket. That's the point of the lockboxes anyway to get people addicted to gambling and spend their own money to feed their addiction once they've spent their monthly allowance.

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar