will this bind a weapon?

ChairForceOne

Good question. My guess is yes. But I find myself wondering why you would want to mod something you aren't going to use. If it is for a companion , don't worry, they can always use your bound stuff.

Why the uncertainty?

Modifying an item in ANY way will make it bound to you.

If you put a mod that is not bound to you to a weapon that is not bound to you it will become bound to you.

If you don't put anything in it, but pull something out of it, it will become bound to you.

Why the uncertainty?

Modifying an item in ANY way will make it bound to you.

If you put a mod that is not bound to you to a weapon that is not bound to you it will become bound to you.

If you don't put anything in it, but pull something out of it, it will become bound to you.

This is not true. Ive made several lightsabers with my artifice and tailored them with artifact quality mods for friends and then given it to them. This was always done with BoE mods though.

So yeah, you can craft an empty orange item, put unbound mods in and try to sell it like that.

It's hard to judge what brings in more creds though, might be more profitable to sell it all separately.

One thing is sure: you would make the item a lot more specialized, so less potential buyers.

If it's just for a friend then you can just let him/her insert the mods, but I guess you want it to look more like a present :)

p.s. needs box for sword in box

Edited by Fei-Ke

If i use a Bind on Pick up or "Bound" Modification, hilt, crystal etc etc on a Bind on Equip item, will it bind it to me?

I did this with my Artificier a while ago (December) for a friend, and the finished item was not flagged in the UI as Bound, but my friend could not use the item because it claimed to be bound. We created /bug tickets for it, because it is not possible to trade bound items and the sabre did not show as a bound item.

I have since seen people on the forums with another issueif I recall correctly - that the item itself is usable by another player, but that the "bound" mod does not contribute its stat increases to the item when the other player equips it. I cannot find any of those posts though, so my recollection may not be totally accurate.

It seems to be terribly inconsistent.

I made some of those new orange weapons and they are Bind on Equip. Just removing the yellow crystal binds the weapon to you.

I guess it's safer to just give seperately (Say it's a gift "with some assembly required").