We Need Clarification

Superman_AZ

For the sake of all involved, can you please clarify: Can casuals like myself purchase Treek directly from the Cartel Menu without worrying about my Legacy Level, or, will I have to get to Legacy 40 and then use my Cartel Coins to purchase her? There seems to be a great deal of confusion and animosity which will not go away until we get a straight answer.

Once she is available, can I just purchase Treek from the CM or do I need to level my Legacy first?

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

Thanks Eric! :D We appreciate the clarification.

Edited by Superman_AZ
Modified OP

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on this, please clarify :( It would save me a lot of bullying :(

Agreed. I am spending more time defending the fact that I spend hundreds of $$ in the CM and would like to purchase her outright without some Legacy requirement. This will solidify once and for all if I purchase her, or forget about her and stop shopping the CM. I don't have hundreds of hours to throw at the game, but I do have a dollar for every minute I can't spare :D

Around 3:21

"There's a couple of ways you can get Treek. We're gonna put her in the legacy system, so you'll be able to obtain her if you meet certain legacy level requirements for in-game credits.

Or, if you want to jump in and play with her right away on any of your characters, you can purchase her for cartel coins".

I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

Eric,

Please leave the legacy 40 requirement to unlock this companion in place and allow the use of CC's as an alternate means of payment once the companion has been unlocked by reaching legacy 40.

This would be in keeping with the only other optional companion in the game Hk-51. It is possible to purchase him using CC's, but only AFTER he has been unlocked by completion of the quest chain at least once. It is not possible to use CC"s to bypass the requirement of completing the quest chain to unlock HK-51 and many feel that it should not be possible to use CC's to bypass the legacy 40 requirement to unlock the new companion.

If you wish to purchase Treek using Cartel Coins there is no Legacy level requirement. The Legacy level requirement is only if you wish to use credits.

-eric

Why bother with the legacy level at all then? Why not make it either or?

I am spending more time defending the fact that I spend hundreds of $$ in the CM and would like to buy my way through the game without actually having to play it.

^^ Fixed that for you.

Congratulations, those of you that want everything right this minute can just keep throwing money at the screen.

What's the point of playing the game if all the rewards are just available in the cash shop? I just don't understand it. :(

Well, not really.

You can still get to legacy level 40 and get her for free (=not real money).

Still need to pay credits after reaching Legacy Level 40, But that is irrelevant to me since I already have Legacy Level 50 and would much rather spend my credits on other stuff.

-eric

why must it cost so many credits, isnt our legacy level requirement enough :p

Still need to pay credits after reaching Legacy Level 40, But that is irrelevant to me since I already have Legacy Level 50 and would much rather spend my credits on other stuff.

Me too.

But I plan on getting her on 1 character just to have her. And since I don't have to spend Cartel Coins, who cares about credits?

-eric

The whiners of the "have to have it now" crowd have won.

why must it cost so many credits, isnt our legacy level requirement enough :p

I suspect it is to function as a credit sink, just like the other character perks that are either purchased with CC or Credits with a Legacy Level requirement.

I suspect it is to function as a credit sink, just like the other character perks that are either purchased with CC or Credits with a Legacy Level requirement.

No it's to disuade people from paying with credits and use CC instead, as it's less effort. Same with HK.

They always will here.

True, unless enough of us voice our opinions with our wallets. If BW loses enough subs over allowing people to BUY their way through the game, then maybe there is slim chance that they will rethink their policies.

I don't think it's a matter of a group "winning" or "losing".

One could say overall the move to a Cartel Market based system is a loss for traditionalists in MMOs...and I don't think that's an illogical statement at all.

But this really wasn't a contest IMO. In the contest where people threw insults back and forth at each other, no one turned out to be winners.

We all lose when that happens, because we could be posting suggestions on ways to improve the game. Instead, we bicker more often than not over hot button issues.

No it's to disuade people from paying with credits and use CC instead, as it's less effort. Same with HK.

Except that with HK-51, you could not BUY the unlock. You still have to do the quest chain at least once to unlock him. In this case, the"have to have it now" crowd will just be able to throw money around and completely bypass the unlock requirement.

I don't think it's a matter of a group "winning" or "losing".

One could say overall the move to a Cartel Market based system is a loss for traditionalists in MMOs...and I don't think that's an illogical statement at all.

But this really wasn't a contest IMO. In the contest where people threw insults back and forth at each other, no one turned out to be winners.

We all lose when that happens, because we could be posting suggestions on ways to improve the game. Instead, we bicker more often than not over hot button issues.

Did the whiners of the "have to have it now" crowd ge their wish to be able to completely bypass the unlock requirement because they couldn't be bothered to actually wait and work for this new companion? Yes, they did.