Image of Empire in TOR

Terkov

And if you look at leaked future content, Malgus plan...

succeeded. Racist Moff Regus abandons the Empire. Officer: "Regus' views on aliens are outdated.

Where is the source for this? I can't find it on google.

Edited by Xanikk

The Empire is portayed as evil by the Republic. However as you play through as an Imp you become aware of some of the downright dodgy things the Republic is doing. Things that they wouldn't openly admit to, but are quite 'evil'.

I'll let you find out these for yourself ;) but both sides have done some pretty bad things.

Are you so sure? Aside from the fact that the Jedi were residing in the innermost parts of the Foundry (likely in position to learn what's going on), the Republic elects Saresh, someone who is on the record for advocating the complete eradication of the Sith Empire, to the office of Supreme Chancellor.

I know who is on the Jedi council. Master Satele, Master Syo, Master Braga and Master Kiwiks (or whatever her name is) would never allow something like that. Only Master Kaedan would. (These are all council members shown ingame at this time.)

If they did, this is a complete fail on Bioware's side, because it would be completely out of character for them. I even think that Revan only told HK-47 (so the droids know). He knows the republic might not allow it, if they know.

Saresh wants the the complete eradication of the Sith Empire? Okay, I didn't know that, now I looked it up. Still, she is not the kind of person that could ever advocate genocide. So she most likely wants the Empire as a state to be eradicated. Which would mean freedom for a lot of planets. Makes sense with her backstory as imperial slave.

In expanded universe, Boba Fett says that he saw the galaxy ruled by republic and sith and never could note any difference. The corrupts are in both, only the organization differs. But there were very good people in both sides, and some imperials are very benign. I never bought the idea that sith are all evil. Its only jedi propaganda.

Well, obviously Mon Mothma thought otherwise. See Declaration of Rebellion.

Don't forget that Boba Fett was a criminal. For criminals both might be the similar.

Where is the source for this? I can't find it on google.

Some stuff about an a later content update. contains heavy spoilers.

The Empire still got many good people, such as the Imperial Intelligence. Most of the Sith are the biggest problem of the Empire.

But the Empire also has many evil people who are not Sith.

Grandmoff Kilran is a butcher.

Grandmoff Regus is a racist.

A normal soldiers suggests to put the rakghoul virus in republic Kolto tanks.

And there are lots of other examples. There is even a woman on Taris who defected from the Republic to the Empire, because the Empire would appreciate her research. (I think it was about chemical weapons.)

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, of course. Putting the Rakghoul Virus into republic Kolto tanks is totally embracing your human side. :rolleyes:

And in adition:

When you capture the last General on Taris (as a Warrior), you can promise him that he won't be tortured. Guess what the message you get from the Moff who is responsible for him says afterwards: "We tortured him. It took some time, but finally he told us everything." My true emotion after that was that I wished I had killed him to spare him this.

i dont know what your talking about but it is still giving in to your human side. have you ever heard of serial killers who stab their victims 500 times... that giving in.. to their madness. so in this case the sith gave in to his most darkest part of him self. and if you choose not to torture that certain person. higher superior can decide other wise... dont tell me you never seen this before. someone say ill protect you and some one of higher rank decides to torture him. but you to are on the same side...

Edited by Rakugo

i dont know what your talking about but it is still giving in to your human side. have you ever heard of serial killers who stab their victims 500 times... that giving in.. to their madness. so in this case the sith gave in to his most darkest part of him self. and if you choose not to torture that certain person. higher superior can decide other wise... dont tell me you never seen this before. someone say ill protect you and some one of higher rank decides to torture him. but you to are on the same side...

Yeah, if you want to call your desire to cause suffering embracing your human side, I can't stop you. I'd prefer to say: "play Empire if you want to give into your lust to torture and kill" instead of "play Empire if you want to embrace your human side".

When I'm polite I'd say that will give the OP a wrong impression, when I'm not polite I'd call it whitewashing.

And yes, of course the second example is perfectly realistic. But I wrote it as an answer to a post which said:

The Empire story draws you in more b/c you get to embrace your human side where most Republic act a certain way b/c it is expected!

Which, in my case, simply isn't true. The Empire is also about acting like they expact you to act. They expect you to kill or torture the prisoner. If you don't want to (because of your emotions, because of your "human side"), they are still doing it.

I'm here for some "help". I'm back to game and I wanted to try Imperial Agent (ppl say story is nice + I like his ship + I like sniper rifles), but after playing Black Talon I got totally demotivated.

I didn't the way we had to kill twi'lek padawan - when I killed imps as jedi they were bad guys and I didn't feel sorry for them, but here I didn't want to fight with her :(

But you can give this padawan a chance to surrender in the conversation. She refuses to take your offer so her death is not all your fault. And later you can spare certain defeated enemies if you feel like it.

The Empire does take a bit of a different mindset to play - the LS choices aren't always good as much as practical, for example. Many DS choices are outright sadistic and require you to give in to the urge for bloodshed even if it hurts Imperial interests.

I played a SI assassin who did LS and DS choices depending on what would hurt the empire the most. As for Balmorra I just did the story quest and that is it. I only ended up killing a dozen or so republic or resistance npcs. Thank you to stealth. For the class quest I ended up

releasing the scientist and making sure he returned to the republic.

On Taris I did the same by only doing the story quest and felt bad that I had to

kill Ashara's Jedi Masters although they gave me no choice in the matter.

I tried not to kill many republic or innocent people unless I was attacked. I avoided most side quests if it involced being petty or mean as I am not a bully and do not want play one.

Alderaan was not fun, but at least I could fight the killiks. I skipped most content that involved killing the republic persons, including flash points like the black talon. I actually ended up beating

darth thanton

at level 47 and ending the storyline there.

If you are going to go LS on the empire having stealth helps so much in avoiding npcs and just avoid quests. In fact on Alderaan I stunned an npc guarding the terminal I needed to click and clicked it then cloaked so I would not have to kill the npc. You must be creative on the empire to avoid being evil. In fact Ashara is probably more loyal to the empire than my character is. Needless to say, but most companions disagree with my decisions.

My SI was a loyal poor Sith who fell in love with his wife. He saw the sadistic nature of the Sith when a Sith Lord severely beat his wife while she was pregnant with his and her daughter. Not wanting the daughter to grow up in that sort of culture he got his wife and newly born daughter to be smuggled to Coruscant through a smuggler at the cost of the SI's personal freedom. His wife died shortly after landing on Coruscant of a disease that the Sith refused to treat. His daughter went on to become a Jedi Guardian. He dislikes the Sith, although he is a Sith Pure Blood, and the Empire. His name tells what he would do to the Emperor if he could (Killdaemperor).

You played all the republic classes you say? I havent gotten to them yet, I will, but from what my friends tell me they are far more evil the the empire stories, which are more petty. Things like burning orphans and hostages to death while citing the phrase "orders are orders" comes to mind.