What could have been.

Jedoba

Love the artwork and the people playing, kept me till the end of my month.

There are some great graphic artists in SWTOR - those who created the worlds, the conversations, the weapons and armor...

BUT. SWTOR is managed / developed by the mentally challenged:

1. Changed slicing after I leveled it for the mission drops. Their decision was knee jerk nonsense that will not solve the issue they claim it will.

2. Mouse look is broken. Often my toon spins around the wrong direction, sometimes facing straight up. It is impossible to play melee / tank like this.

3. Stupid unit frames. This is freeware quality junk.

4. General interface is not configurable, you cannot move and resize the toolbars, minimap, etc. This is not optional anymore, it is expected of a descent mmo.

5. Group mish bugs constantly. Is it really so hard? Apparently for SWTOR devs it is just too much to handle.

6. The AH. Where should I begin here? The AH was written by a 3rd grader in VB. It is a direct copy from older games, not just somewhat similar. It is a copy / paste right out of 2004.

7. The walking distances to the ship and the placement of AH... stupid.

8. The AH again - you cannot view your crafting list while the AH is open. Obviously the devs don't play this game and probably don't even like it. They have no interest in dev a great game, only in how much they can get for their code. And it shows.

9. Weird PVP monetary system.

10. Management intentionally lowered the # of logins per server so that people would go to a server with less people on it. So when I went to login, there was a 3hr wait.... now I have toons on several servers. If it were just overloaded servers, "well they didnt plan that well" but the intentional distruption of my game time is unacceptable.

11. No addons. Addons are not needed if the dev team does their job. Addons offer players the opportunity to enhance the game experience.

- View alts items.

- Notepad.

- Track prices you charged for things.

- DPS....

- Sorting inventory

12. Crafting list defaults to "difficulty" instead of "level" and does not remember previous settings. There should be a heirarchy listing so you see what items were DE to create others, a nice tree format would make this window awesome. Doubt this will happen.

13. Crew returning from crafting causes windows to close - another very obvious sign the devs are busy playing wow and don't care about this game at all.

14. Chat windows. First the fading - I hate fading, but there's no option. Chat is often hard to read in some environmrnts due to the transparency. Several times my tabs reset themselves. Very little thought was put into chat windows, as with the rest of the interface, it was thrown together in a hurry.... get that 70 bucks and run!

15. No button to sort inventory.

16. Map shows teams quests - which is great - but it should be an option IN THE map interface.

17. Map displayed options should not be a radio button, it should be check boxes.

18. Map should be zoomable, ever used google maps?

19. The Legacy name prompt was quite demanding, a popup virus.

20. Crafted items that are not trade able shows the huge weakness in game balance.

21. LFG is completely worthless. This is another direct copy from 2004 code.

The lameness is no accident..... and it is not acceptable.

If they were making cars the wheels would fall off and the paint would peel the first month.

If they made monopoly, there would be no Park Place, just an empty square.

If they made were in politics they would... fit right in.

"oh well it's new, it takes time"

Nonsense. Not finished = FREE which it will have to be soon.

Edited by Jedoba

Hello everyone!

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

With that in mind, we're going to go ahead and close the thread. If you have suggestions for the game, we have a fantastic thread for suggestion lists and a forum for specific suggestions, the Suggestion Box. We encourage you to continue your discussion in one of these locations.

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!