Event suggestion: the Jawa event!

ghoul_drool

Hello everyone. I've thought up an easy to implement new recurring event I'd like to share with you all. I call it the Jawa event. It should occur sporadically, every three months or so to keep it fresh.

All the event needs are some placeables of a jawa caravan on Tatooine, and some new jawa vendors. The core of the event is to let players gather raw materials - huge stacks of raw materials! - than can then be traded to the jawas for closed junkboxes. The contents of the junkboxes should be RNG, to keep people playing - but should reward players for doing so with unique, fun and rare items.

Opening a junkbox, ideally, should give players an assortment of flavorful grey junk items typical of jawa lore that fetch a decent vendor price, companion gifts, purple quality material, extremely hard to find items like the D-200 military enforcer, the Czerka Runabout or Forceslayer with a low drop rate, and other vanity stuff unique to these junkboxes.

To prevent players from just emptying their guild banks, add dailies for actually gathering the materials yourself.

Lastly, crew skills should be given a new impulse by adding a recipe for a consumable that allows the player to gather ANY material in the world for 30 minutes.

We might even rotate the vendor supply to include specific rare cartel items for a very limited time, or Grand Chance cubes. We've already seen a way to earn those in game through Conquests, so why not?

The point of this event is that it is cheap to implement for developers and fun to participate in for players if they choose. It adds something to play for, and while strictly speaking not content, events should be there to keep players entertained and engaged, and I believe this event can help achieve that!

I like the base concept of a "jawa event" but not sure about your suggestion about its implementation. Ill have to chew on it some more. I love tatooine, in all its star wars iconicness ( is that a word?!). I really like the events that culminate into a raid/op like gree and rakghoul. Maybe this one could culminate into a raid with a krayt dragon boss. Many players have asked about that at least a few times. Also, dont know what the rare drops are you mentioned but if they are anything "exclusive" be prepared to have your thread derailed by at least a pair of entitled snowflakes raising hell about it like they predictibly do in other similar threads. (Best to place them on ignore...)

Ashur

Hello everyone. I've thought up an easy to implement new recurring event I'd like to share with you all. I call it the Jawa event. It should occur sporadically, every three months or so to keep it fresh.

All the event needs are some placeables of a jawa caravan on Tatooine, and some new jawa vendors. The core of the event is to let players gather raw materials - huge stacks of raw materials! - than can then be traded to the jawas for closed junkboxes. The contents of the junkboxes should be RNG, to keep people playing - but should reward players for doing so with unique, fun and rare items.

Opening a junkbox, ideally, should give players an assortment of flavorful grey junk items typical of jawa lore that fetch a decent vendor price, companion gifts, purple quality material, extremely hard to find items like the D-200 military enforcer, the Czerka Runabout or Forceslayer with a low drop rate, and other vanity stuff unique to these junkboxes.

To prevent players from just emptying their guild banks, add dailies for actually gathering the materials yourself.

Lastly, crew skills should be given a new impulse by adding a recipe for a consumable that allows the player to gather ANY material in the world for 30 minutes.

We might even rotate the vendor supply to include specific rare cartel items for a very limited time, or Grand Chance cubes. We've already seen a way to earn those in game through Conquests, so why not?

The point of this event is that it is cheap to implement for developers and fun to participate in for players if they choose. It adds something to play for, and while strictly speaking not content, events should be there to keep players entertained and engaged, and I believe this event can help achieve that!

Hey anything to break up the monotony. At least I would like to be able to get tonfa-like gaffi stick, or maybe with a high enough rep (if there is rep) you can trade enough junk for a sand person mystic companion. Thank you for your creativity. Also supported the Krayt dragon WB there is a good thread on it.

Edited by Mzuta

Perhaps if some more unique rewards were implemented?

Perhaps a set similar in theme (I know the team can't rip outfits from other games.) to Starkiller's Tatooine outfit?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/10/0f/e9/100fe9a36421a5569a3089e2b7d83998.jpg

A Gaffi Stick Melee weapon?

Ion Blasters?

Edited by IIHawkerII