Introducing TORBattles.net

leijae

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to show my epeen but your site has swallowed my details and now my username and e-mail are in use but i can't log in.

Basically, i put in all my details and hit enter it sent me to the log in screen and my details had been auto entered but it says either my username or password is wrong... however, the site auto put them in and even when i type by hand it says i'm wrong.

There is no section to retrieve a lost password that i can find...help pls.

Edited by cuttothechase

I want to show my epeen but your site has swallowed my details and now my username and e-mail are in use but i can't log in.

Basically, i put in all my details and hit enter it sent me to the log in screen and my details had been auto entered but it says either my username or password is wrong... however, the site auto put them in and even when i type by hand it says i'm wrong.

There is no section to retrieve a lost password that i can find...help pls.

What is your username on the site? I'll delete your whole account, since you haven't uploaded anything, and let you start over on it..

Have you considered adding Objective points, including Highest Defender and Attacker points?

Highest Objective, Most Attacker Points, Most Defender Points, and Highest Rating are now on the TORbattles.net leaderboards and ready for your submissions!

Edited by leijae

Feature requests:

1. Date submitted field for each record posted

2. Optional patch field, e.g., 2.2.1. I wouldn't default this to anything, but I would note what the current patch is if there is any way to pull that from somewhere without you having to manually update it. Also, if you didn't have to update the options manually I would make this a dropdown, but if there is no way to pull a list of patches up to the most current then I would just make this a fill in the blank.

3. Relabel the "Submit New" button on <Character Name>'s Profile to "Submit New Record".

4. On character profiles, make the category labels links to the top ten lists for that category.

5. Make it so the same image can be reuploaded for multiple records without renaming the file.

6. When a user is looking at a character profile of their own, supply a direct link on the page that can be shared with others.

7. Link guild name to a list of participating characters in that guild. Character names would link to their profiles.

Cool ideas maybe, not necessarily requests:

1. Option to submit link to TORParse for warzone record occurred in.

2. "I play too much records" found under PVP Stats when you click on the warzone icon: Total Wins, Players Killed, Medals Earned, MVP Votes Received. Personally I would be really curious to see where I stand here. Too bad it doesn't list total games.

How would a server transfer or guild change effect previously submitted individual records? Would old records continue to properly show the server they were made at and guild they were made in, or would all records update with the name of the current server and guild?

Edited by Puja

Feature requests:

1. Date submitted field for each record posted

2. Optional patch field, e.g., 2.2.1. I wouldn't default this to anything, but I would note what the current patch is if there is any way to pull that from somewhere without you having to manually update it. Also, if you didn't have to update the options manually I would make this a dropdown, but if there is no way to pull a list of patches up to the most current then I would just make this a fill in the blank.

3. Relabel the "Submit New" button on <Character Name>'s Profile to "Submit New Record".

4. On character profiles, make the category labels links to the top ten lists for that category.

5. Make it so the same image can be reuploaded for multiple records without renaming the file.

6. When a user is looking at a character profile of their own, supply a direct link on the page that can be shared with others.

7. Link guild name to a list of participating characters in that guild. Character names would link to their profiles.

Cool ideas maybe, not necessarily requests:

1. Option to submit link to TORParse for warzone record occurred in.

2. "I play too much records" found under PVP Stats when you click on the warzone icon: Total Wins, Players Killed, Medals Earned, MVP Votes Received. Personally I would be really curious to see where I stand here. Too bad it doesn't list total games.

How would a server transfer or guild change effect previously submitted individual records? Would old records continue to properly show the server they were made at and guild they were made in, or would all records update with the name of the current server and guild?

1. Coming Soon

2. I considered doing this, but ultimately felt like it would be a wast of time for the minor patches. When 3.0 lands, you'll see a drop down to "View 2.0 Records"

3. I like it! Done.

4. Coming Soon

5.This is a safety issue for your records, and a safety issue for site security. Most likely, I won't change it.

6. Good Idea, I hadn't thought it of. I'll start cooking up something for it. Coming Soonish...

7. Yes. Coming Soonish aswell.

OPTIONAL

1. Will likely never happen.

2. Won't be under "I play too much" category, but are coming Sooner than "Coming Soon" So, look for those records sometime this afternoon.

Also, I still have this $10 Visa Gift Card. Originally I was going to make the drawing on July 1st, but not all of the World Leaderboard Categories were filled up. So, it looks like I might wait until near the end of July. I might do a $10 and $5 card.

The following categories have been added to the TORBattles.net Leaderboards. Submissions are open for each position on each server for each advanced class.

Total Players Killed

Most Overall Medals Earned

Most Rated Wins

Total Wins

Most Overall MVP Votes

*Please note that at this time, these may or may not show up in the "My Profile" or "Profile" pages. However, they are being updated over the weekend.

*We are also aware of a bug in the "Toon Editor" this is due to a recent change in our php version on our host server. This will also be fixed by the end of the weekend.

this is the message for a successful submission: "*** MAN! " or not?

not it is not. it happens when a submission is made for an alt that doesnt exist or has been deleted.

What category did you upload to?

What is the size of the image?

What is the stat for the submission?

What is your username and toon name on TORBattles.net?

I will look into this and fix it for you.

Edited by leijae

Feature requests:

Starting work on this today. Which is better? A link to toon selection, or a link to a specific toon?

not it is not. it happens when a submission is made for an alt that doesnt exist or has been deleted.

What category did you upload to?

What is the size of the image?

What is the stat for the submission?

What is your username and toon name on TORBattles.net?

I will look into this and fix it for you.

1596.17 has been registered to dps on main table

dps_img uploaded: SUCCESS!

thx, now it works :)

Great job Leijae. I love the site, and have uploaded a lot of my stats. With that I have some comments/questions.

1. I noticed 3 categories showing up under the Leaderboards, but not under My Profile: Most Overall Players Killed, Most Overall MVP Votes, Most Overall Medals Earned.
  2. Some titles aren't consistent throughout (i.e. different names on the Home and My Profile pages). Examples include Damage Per Second vs. DPS, Overall Highest Damage vs. Damage, Most Overall Players Killed vs. Total Players Killed)
  3. In general I would suggest to stick to a consistent naming convention. (E.g. always using Total rather than some Total and some Most Overall)
  4. When uploading an image that contains multiple stats (E.g. Total Kills and Total MVPs), it states the image already exists and to retry the upload, even though it is accepting the image. (Not sure if this one can be addressed depending on how you coded it)
  5. Do you plan on having a separate Forums for the site, or will it always link back to here?
  6. Am I an idiot for not figuring out how to upload a different Avatar pic? How do you? Can you?
  7. On the My Profile page, the stats seem to be listed in the order you uploaded them? Could you give them a specific order, and maybe group them under headings? (E.g. Damage, Healing, Objectives)

That's it for now, but I am really looking forward to watching the site improve and expand as the word gets out. Again, great job.